Can you really SEE yourself???

Swoleburn

Gettin Swole
I look in the mirror every day and I have gained 15lbs but I dont really see it like other people do. Like people I haven seen in a while are like damn you are looking huge, but I dont see much of a difference. I see a difference on the scale and in my strength but not in the mirror.

Swoleburn said:
I look in the mirror every day and I have gained 15lbs but I dont really see it like other people do. Like people I haven seen in a while are like damn you are looking huge, but I dont see much of a difference. I see a difference on the scale and in my strength but not in the mirror.
I've gained 30 lbs and to myself seems like I still look like when I was 16. But other people always tell me I'm huge. So I know I'm making progress. Just dont look at yourself in the mirror so often.

I hear ya on this bro. I am sure we all suffer from some sort of dysmorphia, not unlike anorexia. The only body change I notice is when I shrink - then every millimeter is obvious. If I drew the way I feel I look it would be with a big round gut and arms made of speghetti. But I know the numbers have shown a guy who is 215 LBS and single digit body fat with a 365 bench, but to me it was a guy with a big round fat gut and arms like frail speghetti strands.

Yes man I am the same. I have gained 15 lbs also on this cycle and have gained allot of muscle on my bicepts the last year. I still can't see it, I see my same ol chicken arms, but everyone else says, DAMMNNN you got wicked Bi's.

"The only body change I notice is when I shrink - then every millimeter is obvious"

that is so true. how unreal.

Definatley i don't see myself for who i really am. The best thing i did was to keep a shirt from when i started bodybuilding. When ever i feel like i'm small and haven't changed i try slipping into it. Thats the best way to really shock yourself.

yea, i know how you feel. AS hard as it might be, dont look in the mirror so much. You see everychange that takes place during the day its not as obviouse. Also take a before and after pic.

i still see small and scrawny when I look in the mirror, even though I am constantly told other wise

this worked for me when i first started out, wear sweatshirts to the gym and try not to look at yourself as much in the mirror, try this when you first start a cycle. then after about a month take a look. your body changes gradually and if you see yourself everyday you can't see the changes. remember if someone tells you you look bigger or gives you a compliment accept it and use it for motivation. some of the biggest dudes I know, top level national competitors, still think they look small in the mirror. it is a natural thing in this sport.

DON'T BE COCKY JUST BE HUMBLE

Yes I am the same ! I have gained good weight on this cycle and have gained allot of muscle on my arms but I just dont see it! everyone else sees it but me. (dude you got some pretty big arms!!)and Im like, really??..but When I look in the mirror I always see myself small.

I can actually see that i'm grown on this cycle(my first) :) .....Also i look alot on old pictures to see the difference to keep me in focus. It must be annoying to feel like you guys do.....:(

In the start i really couldn't see it but then i began to ask alot of my friends if they had lost weight, cause their arms all of a sudden looked like spaghetti. Also dudes that use to be bigger than me.

But i never have said to myself: "i just wanna be the biggest". I just wanted to change the proportions of my body. .....So i can say that even my body isn't perfect in my own eyes i'm still happy with it.

;)

needsize said:
i still see small and scrawny when I look in the mirror, even though I am constantly told other wise
quit standing beside me when you check yourself out , it depresses you ;) . most of us have bigorexia its one of the reasons were here.

take a picture of yourself relaxed with just a pair of running shorts once a week. believe me, you will see what everyone else sees. the thing is that you see yourself everyday so you dont notice the small changes that take place daily that got you 15 pounds. i think this happens to everyone.

I keep pulling my avatars because I feel puny. Granted even by numbers I'm not all that, I'm alot bigger than the average person around town but I'm still 30-50 shy of where I want to be, 6'2" a little over 250.

Mudge said:
I keep pulling my avatars because I feel puny. Granted even by numbers I'm not all that, I'm alot bigger than the average person around town but I'm still 30-50 shy of where I want to be, 6'2" a little over 250.

damn man, I thought your avatars looked awesome, esp. that one from the front

Mudge said:

Not to sound mean, but I noticed you look smaller in your latest avatar Mudge. :D

Back