Can you reset your body to need less AAS?

BigSwolenPussy

I am banned!
I've often wondered if a guy was to stop using AAS for a period of time say a year or even two, would your body need less AAS to get results. For example, the first few cycles for a newb can be something as simple as 500mg test and they will grow like a weed. I know some guys who can take 2 grams of test and be lucky to get 5 to 10 pounds out of it. I mean, I've noticed that if a take a longer time off, I get better results than if I take a shorter time off. I have heard of guys using 2-3 grams of AAS and while they are bigger guys, could they have used less if they just took longer breaks? Can you ever get back to where 500mg of test will give you super gains?

I really haven't seen or heard of any studies about this so I don't have much to go on but it does seem reasonable. Im curious what some of you other guys think. What are your thoughts?

Iv always thought that as well, ill be trying this out , not planned, a cycle after almost 16 months. The only thing i did use was sarms that too for only a month but it would be great if i got the same or somewhat close to the results i got in my first cycle.

My workout pal cycles once a year and sees great results, about the same pace as his first's, maybe a bit less but not significantly less.
He still cycles 500mg/ew/once-a-year but throws in some other stuff to his cycle so I'm not sure whether it's a combination of everything or just the T that gives superior results not being used for the rest of the year.

This is a case study for Myostatin. In short - the more muscle you build, the more Myostatin your body releases. Myostatin, in layman's terms, inhibits muscle growth.

As you build more muscle, more Myostatin is released. Hence why after your noob gains are done, it's very hard to build muscle. For the most part, AAS overpowers Myostatin, and why you need more AAS the more muscle you build. It's vicious cycle (no pun intended).

I just wish someone (a drug maker) could figure out how to block or lower Myostatin :)

Roush hit this exact topic on another thread recently. He said he had to take some time off(6 months i beleive) due to high hemocrat levels. He said after that time period, he got back on and his body responded like a newbies would. ( not necessarily those words, but u get the point). So yes, what your speculating supposedly does hold water. Makes sense too. Detox your system all androgens and start fresh, I'm sure your body would thank u in the long run...

you don't need 500mg to grow for a first cycle.

I'm just using that as a reference point. My first cycle was sustonon250 1x per week and I gained 20lbs lol. Back then, sustonon came in redijects for vet use with a 20 gauge needle. The gear was dirty, the needle was huge and test flu was a bitch.

Iv always thought that as well, ill be trying this out , not planned, a cycle after almost 16 months. The only thing i did use was sarms that too for only a month but it would be great if i got the same or somewhat close to the results i got in my first cycle.

What are you going to run after the 16 month layoff?

I'm a Big Believer in training the body before you use AAS.Really train it as one is catabolic.Then the AAS would help.Depending on how hard you train then the gains would come via steriods.

Taking time off is good but its recommended anyways.

Would AAS be used less for the same amount of gains the first time?

It's possible but as I said,Before you take it,what was one doing correctly in the gym before taking it.

Honestly if guys would cruise on a low dose for several minths like most if us cant the gains would be awesome and youd maintain alot more than coming off.

as you train and grow and continue to use AAS , your body creates more and more soft tissue/muscle androgen receptors . The more receptors you have the more muscle you can potentially build . So you actually can effectively use more and more gear as your progress , again because you have more androgen receptors to put more gear to use.

so a gram of gear you used 5 years ago , lets say you could only use about 700mg of it and the rest was waste. well now your body with much more androgen receptors can put the whole 1000+ mg of gear to use.

so your asking if you can reset your body to use less gear , but the thing is your body is developing and growing more androgen receptors so it can more effectively use more and more gear :)

as soldier mentioned , I been on TRT for 5 years and blasting gear as well , and I decided to take 6+ months off of everything to detox , even came off of test . when I got back on gear , i responded very quickly like newbie gains. probably because i was re-sensitzed and all the androgen receptors that had been built up over the years were fresh and ready to respond.

as you train and grow and continue to use AAS , your body creates more and more soft tissue/muscle androgen receptors . The more receptors you have the more muscle you can potentially build . So you actually can effectively use more and more gear as your progress , again because you have more androgen receptors to put more gear to use.

so a gram of gear you used 5 years ago , lets say you could only use about 700mg of it and the rest was waste. well now your body with much more androgen receptors can put the whole 1000+ mg of gear to use.

so your asking if you can reset your body to use less gear , but the thing is your body is developing and growing more androgen receptors so it can more effectively use more and more gear :)

as soldier mentioned , I been on TRT for 5 years and blasting gear as well , and I decided to take 6+ months off of everything to detox , even came off of test . when I got back on gear , i responded very quickly like newbie gains. probably because i was re-sensitzed and all the androgen receptors that had been built up over the years were fresh and ready to respond.

Or you lost a ton of muscle and looked crappy so as soon as you brought the good stuff back you were amazed? Lol 6months is enough to lose all your unnatural gains

Or you lost a ton of muscle and looked crappy so as soon as you brought the good stuff back you were amazed? Lol 6months is enough to lose all your unnatural gains

this is true . I did lose a lot of gains. but muscle memory is a great thing , it comes right back . also i think the detox made me healthier and I felt way better, and feeling good and being healthy will amplify gains

this is true . I did lose a lot of gains. but muscle memory is a great thing , it comes right back . also i think the detox made me healthier and I felt way better, and feeling good and being healthy will amplify gains

Do you really think coming off test would be necessary? I mean its just test and i know nine of us cruise as long as we should. I dont know but i seriously doubt id ever try to detox if it meant coming off test

Do you really think coming off test would be necessary? I mean its just test and i know nine of us cruise as long as we should. I dont know but i seriously doubt id ever try to detox if it meant coming off test

absolutely not necessary for most guys . but some guys are genetically predisposed to having hematocrit issues with exogenous test. I was struggling with some issues even at just my TRT dose . so i decided to do a full detox off everything.

My answer or best guess to the original question is no.

More steroids equals more gains in muscle mass. Time off often equals a loss of those gains if you have gained a lot.

There is no evidence that you have to "clean" the androgen receptors or that they are desensitized or anything like that. Quite the opposite has been shown however, the AR gets unregulated when there is androgens around. But those studies are far to short to answer this so one could consider is a fact in my opinion.

/Bruce

Back