Can your doctor ask you for a "drug" test?

ELicit23

Hello,

So I recently went to the doctor for a simple physical. Have my bloods checked, blood pressure etc etc just to make sure everything was alright.

While the lady doctor was taking my vitals she said "wow, why is your heart beating so rapidly?" I thought: (Obviously the Tren, you sexy Doctor who I wanna bang out right now)
But what I really said was: I'm on a keto diet and I work out heavy and intense which is probably why my heart is beating fast, my body is a furnace burning fat.
She says: "that isn't right... Athletes have a lower resting heart rate because when you work out your heart gets healthier"
So I give her the shpiel about me drinking a lot of coffee and using pre work outs that have stimulants. She set me up for the cardiologist the next week.

So I go see the cardiologist and he starts asking me about what I'm taking. I say pre workouts and such and all he does is give me a weird look... He looks at my delts and chest (I was wearing a tank top) and he asks "what else are you on"? I say "nothing that's about it"
He then nods his head and looks at my girlfriend and then looks back at me without saying a word. Then he goes:
"Your blood pressure isn't bad but for a guy your age and obviously fit it shouldn't be this high. Mine is lower than yours and I'm 44."
I say: "I just eat very high sodium probably that's why"

Well honestly it looks like he didn't buy a word I said. He then sent me a report today with the overview of my visit and said I have irregular/fast heart beat because of my "stimulant" use. Yes, he put that in quotations on the report. Then he wrote:
"Talk about illicit drug abuse next visit and go over elevated liver values"

Should I even bother? Can he make me take a drug test? I know Tren causes elevated heart rate and increased LDL which I'm taking care of now. I'm in the process of supplementing with healthy fats, Tudca, Liv 52 and NAC and go back in a month or so to check on my LDL and Liver values.

I don't get why you even went to the appointment. What were you thinking?

Yes they can ask you to submit to blood work. No they cannot force you to ha
be blood work done unless they think you are mentally insane or incapable of making decisions for yourself.

I don't get why you even went to the appointment. What were you thinking?

Yes they can ask you to submit to blood work. No they cannot force you to ha
be blood work done unless they think you are mentally insane or incapable of making decisions for yourself.

Yah idk why either. Probably curious to see if they found anything alarming other than rapid heart beat like a enlarged heart. They did some kind of scan like they do on pregnant women to see the baby which is what I also wanted. No alarming sized heart or else the report would have said it.Anyway, not going to next one. The blood tests told me the most important info.

I don't get why so much crap though... My resting heart rate is 90... I heard healthy adults can have it anywhere from 60-100. Like wtf is the big deal

Hello,

So I recently went to the doctor for a simple physical. Have my bloods checked, blood pressure etc etc just to make sure everything was alright.

While the lady doctor was taking my vitals she said "wow, why is your heart beating so rapidly?" I thought: (Obviously the Tren, you sexy Doctor who I wanna bang out right now)
But what I really said was: I'm on a keto diet and I work out heavy and intense which is probably why my heart is beating fast, my body is a furnace burning fat.
She says: "that isn't right... Athletes have a lower resting heart rate because when you work out your heart gets healthier"
So I give her the shpiel about me drinking a lot of coffee and using pre work outs that have stimulants. She set me up for the cardiologist the next week.

So I go see the cardiologist and he starts asking me about what I'm taking. I say pre workouts and such and all he does is give me a weird look... He looks at my delts and chest (I was wearing a tank top) and he asks "what else are you on"? I say "nothing that's about it"
He then nods his head and looks at my girlfriend and then looks back at me without saying a word. Then he goes:
"Your blood pressure isn't bad but for a guy your age and obviously fit it shouldn't be this high. Mine is lower than yours and I'm 44."

Well honestly it looks like he didn't buy a word I said. He then sent me a report today with the overview of my visit and said I have irregular/fast heart beat because of my "stimulant" use. Yes, he put that in quotations on the report. Then he wrote:

Should I even bother? Can he make me take a drug test? I know Tren causes elevated heart rate and increased LDL which I'm taking care of now. I'm in the process of supplementing with healthy fats, Tudca, Liv 52 and NAC and go back in a month or so to check on my LDL and Liver values.

are you in Communist China or on parole? no they cannot make you.

90 is not that bad for being currently ON a cycle.. I was unable to donate blood one time cause my heart rate was too high and they turned me away.

on a side note : Being on Keto right now should actually help lower your blood pressure and resting heart rate. If you were on a dirty bulk right now your HR would probably be over 100 and blood pressure much higher.

ALSO (if your an American), the doctors WORK FOR YOU . YOU PAY THEM, they should do what the fuck you tell them to do, not the other way around.

are you in Communist China or on parole? no they cannot make you.

Lmao sorry I worded everything wrong I know they can't obviously if they suggest it and I decline it'll be suspicious. The doctor knows bro. He's not stupid. He gave me the look

Hello,

That's messed up how he wrote anything about stimulants. I'd tell him you want it specified that you said energy drink. Yes that could be considered a stimulant but the first thing any insurance company is gonna think is drugs. Also tell him you want it removed from your file about him wanting to discuss illicit drugs.

If you don't demand he fixes those things good luck with health insurance premiums. If you try to get life insurance and when they check your medical history your gonna pay through the roof if you can get it at all.

The repercussions from his statements
Could haunt you for a long time.

Tell him to remove those statements and that your gonna go to a different doctor. If he gives you any B.S. Tell him you will take him to court if he don't fix this issue.

Good luck.

That's messed up how he wrote anything about stimulants. I'd tell him you want it specified that you said energy drink. Yes that could be considered a stimulant but the first thing any insurance company is gonna think is drugs. Also tell him you want it removed from your file about him wanting to discuss illicit drugs.

If you don't demand he fixes those things good luck with health insurance premiums. If you try to get life insurance and when they check your medical history your gonna pay through the roof if you can get it at all.

The repercussions from his statements
Could haunt you for a long time.

Tell him to remove those statements and that your gonna go to a different doctor. If he gives you any B.S. Tell him you will take him to court if he don't fix this issue.

Good luck.

Wow I didn't know that. Thank you! I'll have a chat with him

First mistake was wearing a tank top when you don't want anyone to know you're on AAS. :dunno:

Next what I see is what most doc's would do and think. His only mistake on your report is the word stimulants and in the same report wanting to talk about illicit drug abuse. Just because he wants to talk about it he doesn't need that in you health report.

He could have it in his personal reminder reports. So ask him to do that with asking him to remove Stimulants. He could say caffeine or other OTC stimulants.

I would also tread easy because in court of law he broke no laws. He never claimed anything. You don't want to piss him off. You can see another Doc after you settle his report without another exam. If you go and he asks and you refuse, he can report that for general info. THEN what do you have.

You want to keep the issues and the situation easy going and friendly. Be humble because people who are guilty of something ( you and AAS) usually get pissed and mad and threaten to sue and just go off the charts. Easy does it and let him know you don't want trouble in your future health reports. His report gives the wrong idea.

Like mike said said don't go in flaming pissed. But definitely let him know you are upset over this issue
Aas or no aas that would make most people get upset.

Another thing his remarks could affect in the future would be your right to purchase firearms. I'm not sure if that's something you care about but with the new laws that will be passed about peoples mental stability you can bet anything to do with illicit drug use will fall into the category of mental stability.

Just food for thought.

WE need an update !!

Edited:

I don't understand these young guys or any o one who come to the forum asks a good Q's , has a legitimate dilemma or even not and when we reach out and advise or suggest and give our experienced knowledge they never get back and let us know. Kinda like finish the thread.

We ask for updates so we know if we helped or so we and the rest learn something and NOPE. They're gone. Most of the members here and the vets do this because we like to help. Sure sometimes it blows our egos up, buy why just come and ask and never tell us the outcome.

Then there's the ones that are too young, know this and think that we're not going to be able in most cases to catch on to their youth. Just avoid the stat Q's or continue to give weight , ht and what they lift, bench, dead lift etc... but won't say how long they've been lifting.

Kids it is obvious by your post Q's and vocabulary. Just take the tongue lashing and bashing if you get it and go with it. If we are mature adults and respect our sport we will do / say the right things. Take the good with the bad.

Just blowin off steam here. :flamingma

Last edited:
WE need an update !!

Edited:

I don't understand these young guys or any o one who come to the forum asks a good Q's , has a legitimate dilemma or even not and when we reach out and advise or suggest and give our experienced knowledge they never get back and let us know. Kinda like finish the thread.

We ask for updates so we know if we helped or so we and the rest learn something and NOPE. They're gone. Most of the members here and the vets do this because we like to help. Sure sometimes it blows our egos up, buy why just come and ask and never tell us the outcome.

Then there's the ones that are too young, know this and think that we're not going to be able in most cases to catch on to their youth. Just avoid the stat Q's or continue to give weight , ht and what they lift, bench, dead lift etc... but won't say how long they've been lifting.

Kids it is obvious by your post Q's and vocabulary. Just take the tongue lashing and bashing if you get it and go with it. If we are mature adults and respect our sport we will do / say the right things. Take the good with the bad.

Just blowin off steam here. :flamingma

YES!!!!!!!You are right 100%

I am here the begginer and want to know such information for the future

Hello,

Sounds like the jig is up. I always where a loose fitting sweater otherwise they will know you are using steroids. When you see him again admit to drinking a couple energy drink. That will speed up your heart or better yet 2 doses of 5 hr energy. Stick to that story, and don't be on a cycle when you see him next. You don't want your insurance to get this info. No way would I admit to illegal drug use.

I wouldn't make another appointment with him unless you already have a heart condition. Of coarse if you are on a cycle and see a doc, they will be concerned.

Back