Cancer survivor looking for advice

ODBastard

So I just got the green light on my cancer. I battled stage 3 colorectal cancer. When i started this whole process I was getting ready for a show and of course had to back out. My heaviest was 240 but chemo and cancer brought me down to 180. I am back up to 200 lbs right now. It's been mainly me eating to get back some size.

I started the gym 3 weeks ago, and since I've been off the gym and vitamins for about 2.5 years its rough. Everything hurts joints, I've lost some of my veins, I want to get back in hard and heavy but I know ai have to give it some time.

Has anyone experienced a battle with cancer and what did you do to get back in, how long did you wait to hit the gym hard etc etc. I am 47 and hoping to step back on stage hopefully within 2 years. All advice is welcomed.
TIA
ODB

Good to see you kick cancer's ass :shoot5:.. If I was in your shoes I would avoid anything that increases igf-1. It's not worth it in your case. An increase in igf-1 = increase in cancer. Yes, I know we don't want to hear this, but it's true. Do yourself a favor and look over the studies on igf-1 and cancer risks. Pretty much all animal protein increases igf-1. It has to do something with the amino acids ratios. The research is out there. You just gotta do some digging. Good luck

Glad you're able to work out!!! Very happy you've got it cut out!!! Keep a log about working out on here man! You're a survivor bro!

Back