Can't handle the good stuff

gHalcon

I have tried many protein supplements for the past 5+ years, always resulting in some negative side effect. Through my own self diagnosis, I am lactose and protein intolerant. I get diarrhea when I consume milk. I get constipated when I take whey isolate, pea protein, lactose free milk, soy milk, etc.

Besides eating real food to consume my nutrients, are there any other supplements or drinks that I can take to increase my protein intake without the above side effects?

Thanks

Have protein without lactose (milk) and supplement about 200mg of magnesium citrate daily so you don't get constipated.

Have you tried using lactase supplements?

Last edited:
Have to protein without lactose (milk) and supplement about 200mg of magnesium citrate daily so you don't get constipated.

Have you tried using lactase supplements?

I have tried lactase and metamucil, results in constipation. I take metamucil at night to keep my regularity and was told that was the wrong time of the day to consume it.
I have not taken magnesium citrate before. What does it do?

edit-magnesium citrate sounds extreme, used to prep for surgery. Is it really necessary for me and my supplement intake?

Last edited:
you can make a shake out of pure egg whites (pasteurized are safe to drink raw). add whatever you want for flavor.

also , if you buying pure whey 'isolate' , then that will be lactose free . if your buying cheaper protein powder that is whey concentrate, that is not lactose free.

I have tried lactase and metamucil, results in constipation. I take metamucil at night to keep my regularity and was told that was the wrong time of the day to consume it.
I have not taken magnesium citrate before. What does it do?

edit-magnesium citrate sounds extreme, used to prep for surgery. Is it really necessary for me and my supplement intake?

Low dose is not extreme. It keeps you regular

Back