Carb cycling...??

frenchy121

Hi Ladies

can someone please give me an example of carb cycling? Is this a good diet for someone who is carb sensitive?

Trying to figure out my diet better, my foods include:
egg whites
sweet potato
brown pasta
chicken
turkey
steak
tuna
pork
green veg
oats
protein shakes

I just want opinions on the best way to go? Keto diet I find hard as I train 5/6 times per week and if i don't have complex carbs I crave suger.

Help please!! thanks all :)

Oh I didn't mention i need to cut fat, going on anavar cycle next month to...

How do I work out my macros?

cheers all

Oh I didn't mention i need to cut fat, going on anavar cycle next month to...

How do I work out my macros?

cheers all

Frenchy,

I'll post up a sample of my carb cycling diet later, have a few errands to run & heading out to the gym now. :)

Let you off as your going to the gym ;-)

I'm 130pounds bodyfat at 20%, is carb cycling work if your carb sensitive?

Frenchy, how do you know you're carb sensitive? I mean what symptoms do you display? Do you actually have any dietary fat in your daily eating? That helps with keeping blood sugar levels stable. Sometimes not eating fats can make you crave carbs, you need fats, too. It doesn't spike your insulin and helps the body absorb vitamins.

Let you off as your going to the gym ;-)

I'm 130pounds bodyfat at 20%, is carb cycling work if your carb sensitive?

It can work because ultimately its shuffling around calories and fooling your body into when you're receiving those carbs. So your metabolism increases... On the higher days - well that's a theory at least.

I lost 3% body fat in two weeks by cutting out carbs.... I just think I lose more fat having less carbs?!

Is it sustainable for you?

If it is look into cyclic type of ketogenic diet perhaps. I find a lot of people think they're carb sensitive when they really aren't. It's more a case of not eating the right number of calories. Even if you have the right balance of macros it's still down to calories.

Well, why dont you go to the diet section and check out 3j, he can do all that for you. Just give him information about yourself, all is explained in the first post of his thread.

Well i train hard so I need carbs anyway I only have complex. How do I work out all my macros??

You need to know how active you are on a daily basis asides from how hard you workout. If you sit at a desk all day and just workout for an hour your energy needs will be different from if you're on your feet all day, lifting heavy things and only sitting down to eat, whilst still working out one hour.

Make sense?

I lost 3% body fat in two weeks by cutting out carbs.... I just think I lose more fat having less carbs?!

The basics of carb cycling are,
On weight training days you have more Carbs, on non weight training days you basically have less Carbs.

What you are trying to do with carb cycling is not allowing insulin to cause u to gain fat. This is why it's so important to time your carbs !

I never feel carb depleted when I carb cycle, even my regular diet is not high on carbs, & for me personally it's not hard to mantain, I've tried different macros & I respond much better when I eat lower carbs.

The good thing with carb cycling is that eventhough you'll be on a deficit the low carb days, when you're raising calories every several days you're actually not always in a deficit, and your body is given more fuel on "high days", & this will help u with muscle gain.

U must be patient with this, & not focus too much on the scale, you will see short term fluctuations in body weight, specially on re-fuel days.. (mostly water weight)

MY exact diet woulnd't really work for u since our stats are different.
But the concept u want to follow is
on high carb days, u want to keep your fat intake low (Protein is the only thing that will remain pretty much the same on high & low days)

On low carb days you should eliminate starchy carbs all together and just focus on protein and vegetables with moderate amounts of fruit. Fat intake can be higher on these days since carbs are low. . (this will be your off days or lower intensity)

Medium carb days, your carbs are moderate & fat is a bit higher than on lhigh days (I usuaslly do this on the days I train smaller muscle groups)

So basicaslly what I do is 1 high day on my toughest workout of the week, two medium days and four low days. You can also only do high and low days.

U can do different high, med or low days, I'm just giving u an idea of what I've done that has worked for me.
I've been able to bring down my BF from 18 % to 16 % where it's at now.

Hope this is not too confusing for u :)

Last edited:
Thanks for such an excellent response!

Yeah on heavy weight days I tend to throw in more carbs. I've got that fit day app so I can play about with how many grams etc I'm getting. If your doing a high/medium/low days is it best to mix them up as to how you train or run it in this order?
Mailed 3j he says do a high day a low day and a no carb day. On high days he reckons 200-300grams of carbs! My high carb days are like 130g as I can't shovel anymore in. I'll prob be able to do 200 on a high day and that's carbs at each meal I'm guessing. Low day he says to half it so 100g..(which is usually my highest!!) lol...:) then a no carb day... I'll see how this works, I find the keto diet to hard and lose it lol xx

High carb day today I want to stay at 1500 calories as this is 500 below maintenance.

Today is:
1512 calories
24.6g fat
180g carbs
142g protein

Includes chicken,turkey,wholemeal bread, peanut butter,sweet potato,brown pasta, brown rice, protein shake and broccoli.

Tomorrow low carbs so half the carbs protein the same slightly higher fat intake

Thanks for such an excellent response!

Yeah on heavy weight days I tend to throw in more carbs. I've got that fit day app so I can play about with how many grams etc I'm getting. If your doing a high/medium/low days is it best to mix them up as to how you train or run it in this order?
Mailed 3j he says do a high day a low day and a no carb day. On high days he reckons 200-300grams of carbs! My high carb days are like 130g as I can't shovel anymore in. I'll prob be able to do 200 on a high day and that's carbs at each meal I'm guessing. Low day he says to half it so 100g..(which is usually my highest!!) lol...:) then a no carb day... I'll see how this works, I find the keto diet to hard and lose it lol xx

Good deal Frenchy, 3J will sort it out for u :)

I think I will stick to the carb cycling and see how I go for a few months! Remember starting anavar cycle next month so I think this diet will work well with that.

Back