Check my clean bulking diet, please

camo1131

Im 22, 5'9 165 lbs. I have been cutting for a couple months and now have decided to bulk clean for 2 months then eventually cut up for the spring. How does this diet look:

Meal 1:
1 cup oats
5 whites/1 yolk
1 cup skim milk
1 scoop whey

Meal 2:
chicken breast/lean beef/fish
1 sweet potato

Meal 3:
1 can tuna
2 slices whole wheat bread
4 egg whites

WORKOUT

P/WO:
1 cup skim milk
1 scoop whey

1 hour P/WO:
1 cup oats
chicken breast

Meal 4:
1 can Green Beens or other veg.
1/4 cup brown rice
chicken breast

Meal 5: right before bed
1 cup skim milk
2 TBS Natty PB

Totals:
3000 calories
40/40/20

I plan to up my cals by 200 per week, or as needed. I know that I probably need some simple carbs immediately postworkout, but would skim and whey be enough if Im getting in about 60 grams of CHO in oatmeal, and 40 grams of protien in chicken just one hour after?

Also a side note, I plan on running legal gear's Power LGP T-1 at 3 squirts a day for 6 weeks as my first PH cycle.

What do you guys think of the diet/plan. Any comments and especially criticism would be much appreciated. Thanks

post workout drink why not add another scoop of protein powder (how much protein per scoop?) some fruit or berries and some dextrose. wait an hour and eat a good high carb/ high protein meal. this is when your body needs those cals and protein and carbs. if you have too then trim your carbs down from your evening meals to add to the post workout meal.. to not add fat. like meal #4 drop those carbs and just have the meat and vegies. inthe am start off your day with cardio.

Ditch the skim milk in your post workout shake. Milk contains the slower absorbing protein, casein ; which will slow the rate of absorption. stick to whey protein. aslo you need to be getting some simple carbs in here, ex: dextrose. you still need a whole food meal an hour prior to your post workout shake as well.

Not enough protein before bed. why not eat some cottage cheese and a little natty pb. Speaking of fats, Im not seeing any form of EFA's, the peanut butter isnt going to cut it. throw in some flax oil, olive oils, fatty fish(or fish oil caps if you dont like fish).

Without nutrient breakdown, or at least quantities and weights per serving to figure it out, it's pretty hard to comment on your plan.

StoneColdNTO said:
Without nutrient breakdown, or at least quantities and weights per serving to figure it out, it's pretty hard to comment on your plan.

I AGREE WITH STONE COLD ... BUT IF WAS ME ONE THING I DID NOTICE WHERE ARE YOUR FRUIT AND VEGGIES I ONLY SEE 1 MEAL WITH GREEN BEANS ...THESE ARE NATURAL VITAMINS AND ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU...PLUS I WOULD ADD MORE CARBS ...REMEMEBER WHEN YOU ARE BULKING YOU WILL GAIN BODY FAT BECAUSE NEED TO BE IN A STATE OF EXCESS CALORIES ....BUT WHEN YOUR DONE BULKING ....CARB DOWN AND HIT THE CARDIO.....I DO NO CARDIO DURING BULKING ...IF YOU ARE WANTING TO GAIN 20 POUNDS....THATS 185 POUNDS YOU NEED TO EAT AS IF YOU WERE 185 POUNDS RIGHT NOW ....

Last edited:
I agree you need MORE carbs, and def add a fast acting carb immeadiately after your workout, I would say dextrose is your best bet

I dont think you need that many more carbs(except maybe after your p.w. shake, goto like 3/4 cup rise instead of 1/4 cup) if your ratios are 40-40-20. especially if your already at 3000 cals im not sure if you would classify yourself as a hardgainer but im not and I gain off of like 2600 cals (yes i weigh 165). But if you are a hardgainer then stick to that higher calorie amount.

I agree with alot of the other comments skip the milk post workout get in dextrose or maltodextrin or both.

and get in some slow digesting protein before bed. aka casseinate which is in milk and cottage cheese or just buy the powdered form.

Back