chemy majors

shontay

any chemy majors on this board. i have a few questions and need some help or direction understanding the bbb. most of my questions concern bonds to make transporters for chemicals that on there own can't pass this boundry. in my case this isn't a hormone related topic, but i was hoping that with some of the recipies i've seen on here, there would be someone who could help me, or atleast get me going in the right direction. i've done a lot of research so far, but i'm to the point i need someone who strenght is chemistry. any help would be apriciated.

thanks, shontay

shontay said:
any chemy majors on this board. i have a few questions and need some help or direction understanding the bbb. most of my questions concern bonds to make transporters for chemicals that on there own can't pass this boundry. in my case this isn't a hormone related topic, but i was hoping that with some of the recipies i've seen on here, there would be someone who could help me, or atleast get me going in the right direction. i've done a lot of research so far, but i'm to the point i need someone who strenght is chemistry. any help would be apriciated.

thanks, shontay

Not a hormone related topic? ...hmmm??? Related to what?? Are you currently in the Middle East by any chance?? :shoot2:

hey JayC,

i'm from the usa. the chemical i'm trying to get past the bbb is GABA. although GABA may have some positive effects in this bb field, my hopes are to get off of benzos (i'm currently perscribed 4mg clonazapam, and 20 mg adderall for social phobia). my current meds work great, but long term effects bother me. By getting GABA past the bbb (clonazapam works by increasing gaba intake), i could use safer, over the counter drugs to possibly relieve my social phobia.

i know that EO, GABA, and olive oil will bond, but will the EO-oil combo allow the GABA to pass the BBB if administered IM. better yet would be a slow acting ester like enanthate combination. could someone tell me if heptanoic acid would bond to GABA get through the bbb, and work much the way the enanthate esters work on hormones.

i know there is some good science on this board, and people with the knowledge to help me, or atleast get me going in the right direction. with my chemistry backgroud (1 semester 20 years ago) i also know i'm asking for more that just a little help (i've done major reasearch allready).

it's not like making cool-aid to change a base hormone into one with an ester (more reasearch). i do realize that most hormones pass the bbb on there own, but i also know esters can be transporters of non bbb chemicals and allow them to pass. any help or advise would be very apriciated.

thanks,
shontay

hey man, i work in anesthesia, and GABA, and its manipulation is our bread and butter. i dont know that you can take something that will cross the blood brain barrier as far as GABA replacement that will last long enough. what i mean is GABA wont last long in the blood stream, and it has to enter the blood stream to hit the BBB. taking benzos and such for social phobias does not increase GABA, it just increases the affinity for GABA to the receptors in the CNS. GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter. so, if you took too much GABA it would induce sleep, and you could really mess yourself up. giving barbiturates and such drugs that increase affinity for gABA is how many people are induced for sleep in anesthesia, so taking something that could cross the BBB may be detremental, and most likely not have a controlled release.

Back