Chewing Tobacco

Ketnar

This could be a really stupid question but I'm not sure about it so thought I would ask,

I've been dipping for 5 years now, and I've always found it to decrease my appetite momentarily.

Just wondering though is it going to have any effect on my diet and effect me in anyway other than the risk's that are stated on the side of the can?

I have heard that it can effect your workouts as well but I have never heard or seen any solid evidence about it.

Discuss.

This could be a really stupid question but I'm not sure about it so thought I would ask,

I've been dipping for 5 years now, and I've always found it to decrease my appetite momentarily.

Just wondering though is it going to have any effect on my diet and effect me in anyway other than the risk's that are stated on the side of the can?

I have heard that it can effect your workouts as well but I have never heard or seen any solid evidence about it.

Discuss.

If you state it decrease's your appetite than wouldn't it have an effect on ur diet? I find if i don't have an appetite it is harder to stick to my food intake at the right times. Just my opinion.

I don't eat less because of it, I still get my normal food intake. It actually helps a lot with snacking though which is good.

What I meant was that if I am extremely hungry and I know I won't be able to eat for 30 minutes, if I throw a dip in it will settle my hunger momentarily just to get me through that short time span, but I guess I said it wrong it doesn't take away from me eating.

But other than that I was just curious to know if it has any serious negative side effects on training and diet.

No, no sides that will effect training, or diet..

I beg to differ!! I chew on a regular basis, I also ride mountain and road bikes daily. I have noticed that I enjoy my ride more when I have a big fat Chaw in my lip... however, my 25 mile time will decrease by about 5-8 minutes when I have a chew in. This might be because I close my mouth or something, but I ride much harder and faster when I dont have anything in my mouth! I'm sure your question has nothing to do with working out while chewing, but I figured I would throw my two cents into the conversation. Speaking as a trainer, I would say "stay the hell away from any tobacco product as they are fighting your ultimate goal... to be in the best shape and condition as possible", but the human side says fuck it... live life bro!
Cheers!

All tobacco products constrict blood vessels!

Enough said.

You took the words right out of my mouth bro! People pay good money for these nitric oxide pills and what not... just cut back on the good stuff and you save yourself from having to buy any of the crap products!!

i have also been dipping for about 2 years now and i feel that it relli supresses my appetite..which relli sux wen your trying to eat 5 times a day..it's just too delicios to stop

amen brother, i'm just coming up one year of chewing and it does taste too damn good quit. Kinda like a cheeseburger for most folks:laugh3:

chewing or dipping?

Chewing or dipping can definately be a life saver the last 2 weeks of a contest diet...levi garrett anyone?

hey KING try mixing some HAWKEN snuff in with ur LEVI it really kicks ass best chew ive tried

I have chewed on and off for about 10 yrs now. And quit several times. A couple of thing I do notice. My bench jumps up by +/- 100lbs off of the chew. I tend to retain water when I am chewing. Best bet stay away..

I've been dipping copenhagen for about 15 yrs now, and I always played baseball and noticed I would get winded more quickly with a chew in, dont really know why. As far as it effecting anything I have no freakin idea cuz I've been at it since I was a pre-teen. But I would still say stay away fromj it. I've quit probably 5 times, the longest was 9 weeks for basic training, and started back soon as I got to the airport(fuckin dumbass) the most recent was about 2 yrs ago I quit for 5 weeks and got the shakes one day and started sweating took a dip and was better and havent put it down since. I was down to a can every 3 weeks then I started my new job and I'm back to a can every 2 days. It's vicious shit!!!!

Back