Cla

xbobx

I was reading an article about Ryan Renolds that a buddy of mine send me about how he had to train and took supplaments to go from 11% to 3%body fat. One of the supplaments mentioned in the article was Conjugated Linoleic Acid.....anyone know anythign about that?

xbobx said:
I was reading an article about Ryan Renolds that a buddy of mine send me about how he had to train and took supplaments to go from 11% to 3%body fat. One of the supplaments mentioned in the article was Conjugated Linoleic Acid.....anyone know anythign about that?

there is little evidence that CLA works in humans. Most of the evidence points to the contrary.

a pure single isomer CLA (most are 70/30 blends) might be effective (the isomers work against each other- ie they have opposite acitivity)

If you are just using flax, you should seriously consider fish oil. Fish oil provides EPA and DHA, which can be made by conversion in your body but the process is horribly inefficient. It's better to just supplement.

i gotcha.....i am at 17% body fat and i am trying to get myself down to about 10% right now........that is why i am trying to find something that might help out.....now for fish oil should it be capsules or straight fish oil by the spoon....if it tastes like crap that really wont bother me at all so taste is not in a question here....

You can get some fish oil to take by the spoon, I don't recall the brand, but there is a brand that tastes like lemon and doesn't result in the "fish oil burps" that everyone complains about. Or you can just get a bottle of 300 caps for cheap at walmart.

If you are cutting, supplementing with fish oil and flax is an even better idea, especially if you are cutting back fats in your diet... For the fish oil, what I recommend is taking one pill with each meal. That way you avoid the fish oil burps and the nasty aftertaste. Are you taking flax pills or adding it to your protein shakes?

After reading an article about supplements Mark Dugdale takes, he spoke very highly about CLA. Since then, I've supplemented with 9000mg CLA a day for about 8 months now. The results are remarkable. I eat fairly clean and take flax as well as many other supplements. But nothing has affected my bodyfat as dramatically as CLA. It will be a staple in my regimen for as long as I can afford it.

Bula

right now i am taking pills......i have had a bottle of the pills i am going through and once it is gone i am going to start mixing it with the protein shakes

also it is PBL that makes the product that tastes like lemon

bula said:
After reading an article about supplements Mark Dugdale takes, he spoke very highly about CLA. Since then, I've supplemented with 9000mg CLA a day for about 8 months now. The results are remarkable. I eat fairly clean and take flax as well as many other supplements. But nothing has affected my bodyfat as dramatically as CLA. It will be a staple in my regimen for as long as I can afford it.

Bula

WOW! 9G per day! Where are you buying your CLA at? Every place that I have found it is much to pricey for me to be able to afford to buy enough for 9G per day.

so to keep my topic goin without makin a new thread

whatz the difference between CLA and CLA Plus with Clarinol

if someone already has good fats in their diet such as p.b. and olive oil mostly used toward the end of the day, would cla be too much if taken in the morning or during that day some time? i know too much good efa is not a good idea being that any surplus of fat is not good.

I find that CLA works quite well... but the dosage has to be at least 5+ grams a day. it does seem to have a negative effect on cholesterol though.

Behemoth said:
If you are cutting, supplementing with fish oil and flax is an even better idea, especially if you are cutting back fats in your diet... For the fish oil, what I recommend is taking one pill with each meal. That way you avoid the fish oil burps and the nasty aftertaste.

What do you think of the EPA/DHA Blend Fish Oil Softgels that are on supplement-ology for fish oil?

xbobx said:
so to keep my topic goin without makin a new thread

whatz the difference between CLA and CLA Plus with Clarinol

The type of sources the CLA comes from, and the amount you have to take.

Back