Clomid & Nolva are BOTH required for a better chance at recovery

Austinite

There are 2 major components involved in recovery. Testosterone production and Spermatogenesis.

LH and FSH are both required for the equation. LH is produced by the pituitary and stimulates the Leydig cells to produce testosterone. Once testosterone is in production it works alongside FSH and stimulates sertoli cells to produce sperm. Sperm production is hindered if either of these are unhealthy. They both work in synergy. You need BOTH to be at healthy levels. Nolvadex is dominant in LH promotion and Clomid is dominant in promoting FSH.

clomid has multiple effects. It's an anti-estrogen, so it obviously decreases the estrogenic effects in your body by stimulating the Hypothalamus back to life and sending gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) to your pituitary, so that LH/FSH can be secreted.

Nolva boosts the effects of clomid because it put clomid into "competition" mode where they both fight for a receptors to bind to. This competitiveness will only occur with the presence of BOTH nolva/clomid, and will inevitably resolve the issue of excess estrogen in the Hypothalamus. This will trigger both LH and FSH to crank UP, as the high estrogen in this cluster is suppressive. This entire scenario is not as effective with only one drug.

Furthermore varying the compounds; Since we know both stimulate LH, what most don't know is that the act is different. clomid boosts the amplitude of LH serum, but has no effect on the frequency. Nolvadex is the complete opposite in that area, where it boosts the actual frequency of LH and has no effect on its amplitude.

You're probably assuming they're identical and overpowering... clomid is a mixed agonist/antagonist for the estradiol receptor. Nolva is also mixed, however.... it is a pure antagonist in the E receptor in breast tissue. There is a reason that clomid is not recommended for gynecomastia reversal, but Nolva is.

Can you recover with just Nolvadex, or just clomid? Well, anything is possible. But why would you take that risk if the combination gives you a much better chance? To save a few bucks and risk your health? clomid when coupled with Nolvadex is clearly the safer choice over using either compound individually.

Last edited:
Ask a question? I have lots of questions! Should I need to post my questions?

Hey I've got questions too. Like when the fuck r the aliens going to come back n teach us some new shit like they did for the Mayans??! Lol.

U know what I meant tho. Anything about AAS, training, diet, etc. U have a shitload of knowledge in a wide array of areas. It astounds me if your career isn't somewhat in a related field cause it can be a hard thing to grasp. I'm sure you've been researching for a decade or so tho. Much props man

Is timing matter? Would taking clomid with nolva be better, than taking nolva in the morning and clomid at night?
Also, will taking either one with dietary fats helps with the absorption?

Last edited:
---------------------------

Is timing matter? Would taking clomid with nolva be better, than taking nolva in the morning and clomid at night?
Also, will taking either one with dietary fats helps with the absorption?
Not at all. :) Take them anytime.

I will be remembering this next time I say to myself who needs clomid get another vial and just use nolvadex.... lol this will keep the evil thought at bay.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this essay is very true. After my first cycle I was convinced nolva lowered igf so I did a clomid only post cycle therapy (pct). post cycle test levels were at 349. 2nd cycle was test and eq. For that one I tried the nolva/clomid combo for post cycle therapy (pct). levels were at 412. So clearly FOR ME both is better. Solid post

50 mg clomid ED @ noon and 20 mg ED Nolva in the evening a good choice when coming off cycle?

I'm gonna go ahead and say this essay is very true. After my first cycle I was convinced nolva lowered igf so I did a clomid only post cycle therapy (pct). post cycle test levels were at 349. 2nd cycle was test and eq. For that one I tried the nolva/clomid combo for post cycle therapy (pct). levels were at 412. So clearly FOR ME both is better. Solid post

Yeah, but how far out were these Tests done after you stopped using?

I've been using lexapro for about 10 years due to ocd. A new recent drug interaction came up between nolva and lexapro stating serious heart problems could occur - even death. Although i've used nolva safely before, this is concerning.

What would you recommend if I couldn't use Nolva? Would you ever suggest Torem and Clomid? Do these work well together, or is it not advisable?

Thanks bro

I've been using lexapro for about 10 years due to ocd. A new recent drug interaction came up between nolva and lexapro stating serious heart problems could occur - even death. Although i've used nolva safely before, this is concerning.

What would you recommend if I couldn't use Nolva? Would you ever suggest Torem and Clomid? Do these work well together, or is it not advisable?

Thanks bro

Can you give me some more info? I'm looking and don't see tamoxifen on the list of adverse drug interactions.

Sure. On Drugs.com, the interaction checker is the one that recognizes the interaction. About six months ago, i checked for this, and i didn't find any issues. I can't remember what website i used, however.

This is the info i'm referring too:

Talk to your doctor before using escitalopram together with tamoxifen. Combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or special monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or fast or pounding heartbeats during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

This is the "profesional interaction data." You might me able to make use of this:

MONITOR CLOSELY: Escitalopram can cause dose-dependent prolongation of the QT interval. Theoretically, coadministration with other agents that can prolong the QT interval may result in additive effects and increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias including torsade de pointes and sudden death. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled ECG study consisting of 113 healthy subjects, the change from baseline in QTc (Fridericia-corrected) was 4.3 msec for escitalopram 10 mg/day and 10.7 msec for the supratherapeutic dosage of 30 mg/day. Based on the established exposure-response relationship, the predicted QTc change from placebo under the Cmax for 20 mg/day is 6.6 msec. Cases of QT interval prolongation and torsade de pointes have been reported during postmarketing use. In general, the risk of an individual agent or a combination of agents causing ventricular arrhythmia in association with QT prolongation is largely unpredictable but may be increased by certain underlying risk factors such as congenital long QT syndrome, cardiac disease, and electrolyte disturbances (e.g., hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia). Also, the extent of drug-induced QT prolongation is dependent on the particular drug(s) involved and dosage(s) of the drug(s).

MANAGEMENT: Caution is recommended if escitalopram is used in combination with other drugs that can prolong the QT interval. Patients should be advised to seek prompt medical attention if they experience symptoms that could indicate the occurrence of torsade de pointes such as dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, palpitation, irregular heart rhythm, shortness of breath, or syncope.

Bigtimecheif,

This study was done on rabbits. It seem that QT is thrown off with the presence of these two drugs. This is the frequency wave in your heart. If you look at a heart monitor you'll notice the line has 2 peaks and 2 dips. QT is the relationship between the second and 4th wave and can be used to understand the health/relationship of the two ventricles.

In other words, it produces an irregular heartbeat. I'm going to request that you follow the medical advice. However...

I have an irregular heartbeat, had it all my life and never had issues with Tamox. Should this study actually apply to humans as it does with rabbits, this means you should also avoid Clomid & Torem as well.

Your main goal here really should be to find a way to get yourself off of Lexapro slowly, until you can find a more natural alternative. You're likely addicted if you've been on for very long.

Hope that explains it, but you'll need to make this decision for sure.

Thanks for the info Austinite. No doubt, being on lexapro this long was never my intention. However, my doc thinks the conservative approach is to stay on to avoid a relapse of my symptoms. I'll have to decide how i'm going to approach this.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Back