Clomid- The Truth!!

Remember thats in women, we are not women, so the article does us little good.

No one knew what clomid was really used for? Let me tell you the looks I got when i was talking to a girl in the medical field about how clomid can also be used to bring your HPTA back if it was fucked up. It was hard to explain to her without using the term steroids, lol. But i think she knew where i was coming from. I need to learn how to keep my mouth shut.

lol, once i almost got arrested in TJ with some clomids told the cop that it was so my girlfriend could pregnant.

Not a flame bro, just want to make sure people dont think it boosts our estrogen levels, otherwise obviously it would be a waste :)

Irregardless, for some it has a lot of sides.....Moodswings, Acne, Impaired Vision, so people are looking to find alternatives even using Nolvadex as a replacement......

Brett_Weir said:
Irregardless, for some it has a lot of sides.....Moodswings, Acne, Impaired Vision, so people are looking to find alternatives even using Nolvadex as a replacement......

Thank god i don't suffer from any of this, because clomid sounds like a nightmare for some of yuou guys.

Yeah! I'm not sure if Nolva can serve that purpose but i know it is being tried......I have use it for protection against gyno and it seemd to have much less sides than Clomid.......

Against gyno for sure, but I dont believe its accepted as a complete post cycle therapy.

Here's a study that compares them

Disparate effect of clomiphene and tamoxifen on pituitary gonadotropin release in vitro.

Adashi EY, Hsueh AJ, Bambino TH, Yen SS.

The direct effects of clomiphene citrate (Clomid), tamoxifen, and estradiol (E2) on the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-stimulated release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) were studied in cultured anterior pituitary cells obtained from adult ovariectomized rats. Treatment of pituitary cells with Clomid or enclomid (10(-8) M) in vitro for 2 days resulted in a marked sensitization of the gonadotroph to GnRH as reflected by a 6.5-fold decrease in the ED50 of GnRH in terms of LH release from 2.2 x 10(-9) M in untreated cells to 3.6 x 10(-10) M. Treatment with E2 or Clomid also increased the sensitivity of the gonadotroph to GnRH in terms of FSH release by 4.3- and 3.3-fold respectively. Tamoxifen, a related antiestrogen, comparable to Clomid in terms of its ability to compete with E2 for pituitary estrogen receptors, was without effect on the GnRH-stimulated LH release at a concentration of 10(-7) M. Furthermore, tamoxifen, unlike Clomid, caused an apparent but not statistically significant inhibition of the sensitizing effect of E2 on the GnRH-stimulated release of LH. Our findings suggest that Clomid and its Enclomid isomer, unlike tamoxifen, exert a direct estrogenic rather than an antiestrogenic effect on cultured pituitary cells by enhancing the GnRH-stimulated release of gonadotropin.

JohnnyB

Here's one more

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

Vermeulen A, Comhaire F.

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB, thank you......So this suggests that Clomid is superior to Nolvadex for the purposes that would concern you and i......I saw some back at CEM but i know some guys using Nolvadex to restore or attempt to restore hpta functioning........Sobeit, it is clear if sperm motility is not restored you will continue to shoot blanks hehehe..................................

Some just want desperately to get away from the sides of Clomid.....

Actually it's saying nolva is stronger mg to mg. Clomid caused a decrease in LH response, where nolva didn't. This why some are going with nolva, but with all things we do, we have to try it and see how it works for us.

These studies can help with making a decision, but real world, first hand experience will determine what we respond to better.

I'd at least get it a try once, to see how you react and/or recover with it.

JohnnyB

Back