Combination of cypionate and propionate for TRT

Billegitimate

I was on test cypionate for about half a year. I'm always experimenting (I refer you to my posts on needle selection) and I decided that I wanted to experiment with propionate about 6 weeks ago. Well, 6 weeks in I have mixed feelings but overall I'm pleased.

Natural T production occurs at night. I chose to do subcutaneous test prop injections at night, knowing that the spike would occur sometime while I was asleep. I slowly ramped up the dose (as the cypionate depots in my body, also subcutaneous, were still being absorbed) over about 10 days, eventually settling in at 10mg of propionate a day, injected every night.

Now 10mg of propionate a day may not sound like much, but excluding the weight of the esters involved, 70 mg a week of propionate a week almost exactly equals the 84mg a week of cypionate I had been taking. So this should be an apples to apples comparison.

What I noticed was much better morning erections, which in turn resulted in much better and fuller erections at other times. Seriously, the thing was getting several dang good stretches during the night. So, sex was better, I felt good, and my performance at the gym has improved. I haven't had blood work to see that my levels perfectly match my old levels, but I feel better on 70mg a week of propionate than I did when 105mg a week of cypionate had my total T over 1300. My more recent dosing of 84mg a week of cypionate had me withing lab ranges at 1123 total, and 21.5 free. Top of scale on free was 21.5. I felt great there, and I feel better with the propionate at what is very close to the same total amount of testosterone.

The both the cypionate and propionate are from the same compounding pharmacy in Florida, so I'm pretty sure they are pretty accurate with the levels.

So, there's that for background. Now here's the rub: The propionate is only 50mg/ml and only available in 4ml vials. The cypionate is 200mg/ml and available in 4ml vials. So a vial of propionate only contains 200mg of testosterone and at 70mg a week...well, that's not quite lasting me 3 weeks a vial. Gets pricey.

I don't know how much of an increase in serum T levels is needed to produce this effect, so I'm considering doing the following: Getting a 4ml vial of both the cypionate and the propionate. Drawing up 4ml from each vial and injecting it into a sterile vial. I would end up with 8ml of a blend of 50mg/ml propionate and 200mg/ml cypionate. I would inject .1ml every night, creating a depot of 10mg cypionate and 2.5mg propionate. The cypionate would provide consistently high serum levels, but the propionate would hopefully still create the small spike each night that more closely mimics natural production.

Anyone with experience with these things that can provide some feedback on this? Would the compounds combine well? It sure seems they would, especially since the same carrier oil is used in each by the compounding pharmacy. So I'm looking for feedback.

It's a shame I can't find a compounding pharmacy that makes test acetate. It absorbs even more quickly than propionate, and would be a slightly better solution for what I'm trying to do here. Oh well.

And finally, since I'm sure some are wondering, no the test prop subcutaneous does not hurt at all. I mean, not even a bit. I was very nervous when I tried the first .05ml injection. Nothing. By the time I got to .20ml injections, I realized I was just not going to experience anything like what has been described. I think it's strongly related to the 50mg/ml concentration from what I've read.

I'm taken about 140 subcutaneous T injections to date. I've experienced a little lump that took 1-3 days to go away about 4 times. I've experienced pain that I would rank as noteworthy but way less than a sting from an ant about 4-5 times. The remaining shots were painless, and left no bumps. I switched from abs to upper, outer thigh fat pads and glute fat pads about halfway through, and I have never experienced any of those downsides in those locations.

I await some great feedback...

How has your estradiol been? You didn't talk about it.

Souns like you will need to try TNE at some point. :)

E2 has been good. I've tried really hard to not need an AI, as I don't feel good on them even when my E2 is in a "perfect" range. I've very briefly had high levels of T, in the 1300-1500 total range, and used an AI to keep E2 in check. When the levels of T zoomed up, at first I felt like superman, then the E2 sides came and I started dosing with Anastrzole. I don't shy away from bloodwork at all, and will do a LOT of testing to see what's going on as I make changes. This was no exception, and careful monitoring of bloodwork over 6 weeks via 5 different blood draws showed me that with my E2 low, mid-range, high within range, and slightly over, that I just don't feel as good on Anastrazole as I do at a lower total T level without it.

For that reason I've strived to have the highest T levels possible without need for an AI. For me, that's somewhere in the 1050-1100 total range. Any higher and the E2 just creeps a bit too high for my preference.

All of that said, I didn't have bloodwork done on this protocol, but I've had enough experience at this point to know that my E2 wasn't low or high. Heck, this really is the best I've felt so far on TRT, it's been pretty fantastic. I didn't mention last time, but even my overall mood has improved. I thought I might see a slight change in strength of morning erections, but the overall effect has been much greater. And as far as morning erections, when I wake up these days I feel like if my wife were strong enough she could grab it and use it as a handle, pick me up, and set me on my feet. :) Yeah, those type of morning erections.

Heck, just this morning I was standing up to pee and had to push so hard to point it down that my feet shot out from under me and I fell face first towards the toilet.

Okay, that last one was just being silly, but it's damn good to have these to joke about versus the slow decline and atrophy that most men around 50 are feeling. I'll pass on that!

As for TNE...well, I'm fond of saying that I'll try anything I can make a reasonable case for trying. Not sure I can make a case for it unless I one day try a blast. If so, surely a little TNE first thing in the morning before the workout wouldn't be a bad thing. Yeah, I could see playing with that someday. But that's far down the road.

I really am looking to optimize the TRT to have a plan that I can always put into practice. For me that means having the optimal T levels and small nightly surges, the highest levels I can maintain without E2 creeping up over time, and a process that I find easy to personally implement as well as be supported by a doctor so my long term legal drug availability isn't in doubt.

Sounds like you have your trt dialed in. I hope I can get my level as good as yours. Might have to try the prop.

Back