Common Cures and treatments for Gyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggiesmallz

If I violate some unknown forum rules ahead of time, please forgive me, I'm new here just sharing knowledge. If there are violations, then please just edit them out as you see fit, thank you kindly for understanding

Understanding Gynecomastia;

Every now and then we get the same question popping up around here, on how to treat gyno. I figured I would make this basic outline for the average lifter/supplement user to explain the basic function of estrogen, gyno, and it's known cures so that it can be properly understood and is referenced all in one place.

The only reason we fear gyno is because we don't understand it.

Some guys are more estrogen sensitive than others, meaning they get gyno symptoms moreso than others when running compounds, or even certain compounds. That said, you're not going to grow tits overnight, with the proper use of SERM/AI you can reverse the effects and control the flare ups.

Now let's take a look at Estrogen, and the relative drugs used to manipulate it's effects;

Roun3er said:
Estrogen at say a level of 50 does not mean the same in terms of side effects if your test levels are 800 as it would is your test levels were 200.

E:T Ratio of 1:4 < 1:16
In the scenario of 1:4 your estrogen would be considered on the high end.
In a scenario of 1:16 it would be considered on the low end.

It is all dependent on the ratio of estrogen to testosterone. Knowing 1 level without knowing the other does not help much in terms of pinpointing a problem or area of concern.

Our bodies (male bodies) generally have a balanced ratio of estrogen to testosterone naturally, and naturally your body will always try to bring itself to this balance. When we use hormonal supplements, sometimes that balance is skewed off-kilter due to hormonal supplementation and the body trying to regulate itself in the presence of these new hormones.

Understanding testosterone to estrogen conversion;

Your HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis, can google this) is responsible for GnRH, LH/FSH, and testosterone production (basic sex, or reproduction hormones). The aromatase enzymes are then responsible for maintaining the balance between natural testosterone output, and estrogen conversion. So aromatase enzymes are what convert Testosterone to estrogen. (By the way, as a side note, cholesterol converts to testosterone, so during PCT it's good to keep a little more healthy fats in the diet to promote healthy testosterone recovery/production)

So what happens when we start to experience estrogen-related gyno symptoms?

What does that mean in relation to estrogen levels conversion within the body? By the time you start to get sensitive, red, itchy, irritated, or painful nipples or lumps around the nipple area, that basically means that your estrogen levels are already elevated beyond the natural balance, and are starting to cause trouble by binding to receptors, and overflowing in places that it should not be. So, when that happens, there are two basic things we can do to go about rectifying the issue; or two basic drugs we can use;

Drugs that "control" or "manipulate" estrogen;

SERMs: Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators. There are four main SERMs; Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolva), Toremifine Citrate (Torem), Clomiphene (Clomid) and Raloxifene (Ralox). SERMs have two basic functions;

1. Binding to estrogen receptors at the breast tissue, effectively blocking circulating estrogen from binding to them, thus alleviating the formation of gynecomastia (soft-tissue glob formations at the breast)

2. Signaling the HPTA for increased GnRH output, which then signals for increased production of LH/FSH, which then signals for the increased production of testosterone. (as I understand it)

These four have somewhat similar, but slightly individual and different functions. For the purpose of testosterone boosting/recovery, Clomid, Tamox, and Torem would work plenty well for Post Cycle Therapy to artificially help stimulate the HPTA and raise testosterone production.

Clomid: This one in particular sends a strong LH signal to the HPTA and promotes good testosterone recovery/production. However, not the best SERM when it comes to treating Gyno. Commonly dosed 50mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 25mg daily for the final week.

Tamoxifen: This one is an all-around SERM which does a great job at both boosting testosterone production, as well as blocking estrogen receptors at the breast so that estrogen cannot bind to them. Commonly dosed 20mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) or gyno treatment (2-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 10mg daily for the final week.

Torem: Similar to Tamoxifen, practically twins in chemical composition, this one too has been known to be very effective at boosting testosterone levels as well as blocking estrogen receptors at the breast tissue. Commonly dosed 60mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) or gyno treatment (2-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 30mg daily for the final week.

Raloxifene: This one in particular is the weakest of the four SERMs at boosting testosterone recovery, but is allegedly (from all of the studies I have seen) the best candidate for blocking estrogen receptors at the breast tissue. Commonly dosed 60mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) or gyno treatment (2-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 30mg daily for the final week. This one has also been effectively used to treat pubertal Gyno.

For the purposes of treating Gyno, either Raloxifene, Tamoxifen, or Toremifene should suffice at blocking estrogen from binding at the breast tissue receptors. That will only solve half the problem.

What happens to the estrogen as it's "overflowing" in our system?

Basically put, the estrogen can be blocked through the use of a SERM to keep it from binding to breast tissue, but the existing estrogen has to live out its life span, there is no other way to "get rid" of it... so all we are doing is preventing it from causing trouble while it lives out it's silly little life span and the balance is re-established. So, then, how to re-establish the estrogen balance back to normal? Which brings us to our next point;

AIs: Aromatase Inhibitors. These drugs inhibit the Aromatase enzyme, which as mentioned above, is responsible for the conversion of androgens (testosterone) to estrogen. So the Aromatase enzyme is basically responsible for the creation of estrogen. Your body naturally makes the required amount of Aromatase enzymes to maintain balance between Test and Estro. There are numerous Aromatase Inhibitors available, of various potencies.

Competitive AIs:

The Competitive Inhibitors are ones that compete for the aromatase enzyme, so there is a chance that the bond between the inhibitor and the enzymes can break, which may lead to rebound Gyno if not properly tapered down.

Arimidex (Anastrazole): This Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is fairly mild, but relatively strong, and is commonly dosed around 1mg per day (heavily) or .5mg eod (every other day) or e3d for general preventive measures. Arimidex is known for having slightly negative effect on good cholesterol levels (lipids) so is generally best used sparingly, if at all.

Letrozole: This is by far the strongest available Aromatase Inhibitor on the market, and is generally very good at clearing out all estrogen production, depending on dosage and duration, in the body. Best used as last resort, but can be effectively dosed at low doses for preventive measures/control. Generally heavy dose is around 2.5mg daily for reversal of gyno, more on the proper dosing of this one later in this thread.

Suicidal AIs:

The Suicidal Inhibitors are ones that Permanently bind to aromatase enzymes and render them ineffective at creating more estrogen for the time that they are taken. Your body will eventually continue it's production of aromatase enzymes naturally, and balance will be re-established once you stop taking this AI.

Arimistane: Main active Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in E-Control 2.0/Erase/Erase Pro/ BSL's Eradicate. Is a mild suicidal aromatase inhibitor, and is generally effective in most light or mild cases for prevention and reversal of gyno symptoms, along with the use of a SERM, if caught early enough. Dosing 2-3 caps daily should be plenty.

Aromasin (Exemestane): This Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is generally dosed around 25mg daily, or 12.5mg daily, or every other day as needed (some even dose at 6.75mg daily for simple preventive/regulatory measures). Best to dose this daily, since the active half-life is something like 9 hours. Roughly equivalent to Arimidex in effect; the two are fairly comparable. Exemestane is more favorable since it does not have a huge impact on cholesterol levels/lipids as adex does.

There is no need to taper down the suicidal AIs after use, since they cannot cause rebound as far as I know. If running a strong Competitive Inhibitor (such as letro) it's best to follow up with a Suicidal Inhibitor afterwards for a couple of weeks, to avoid estrogen rebound.

ALL AI's pretty much do the same thing, suicidal AI's are better than Competitive ones in general tho to avoid rebound:

If you think of the alcohol analogy, E-control 2.0 or Arimistane, is like the beer of AI's. It takes quite a few beers to "overdo" it, and it's still safe and effective in it's own right. Exemestane and Arimidex is like the wine of AI's. They're more potent than Arimistane, but still fairly moderate and relatively safe when properly dosed. Letro is like the liquor of AI's... if you don't respect the dosing properly, it can certainly "mess you up" because it's simply much more potent so creates a quicker and stronger effect from same relative dosage.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:

So if SERMs block estrogen from binding at the breast tissue, avoiding further formations of lumps, how do we effectively keep MORE estrogen from forming while the overflowing estrogen is metabolized out of our system? With the proper use of Aromatase Inhibitors.

In the right combination, and dosing, one can safely, and effectively combine SERMs and AIs to treat and reverse Gyno symptoms. One just has to be patient, and consistent with the dosage over time. Keep in mind, SERMs raise circulating estrogen. I presume the reason for this is because they also boost testosterone production, which in turn converts to more estrogen production. But while on the SERM treatment, they do block estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors in the breast tissue, thus effectively preventy gyno formations. So, to control further estrogen production, while the existing "too much" estrogen gets metabolized out of the system, a low-dosed Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (Aromatase Inhibitor, preferrably a Suicidal Inhibitor) would work just fine. It's also advisable to dose the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) a couple of weeks after stopping your SERM to avoid estrogen rebound. SERMs generally have an active half-life of around 5-7 days.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? EXAMPLES PLEASE: So, for example, I had a lump forming from my last cycle that went on for a couple of weeks, and then I finally decided enough was enough and had to treat it from getting any worse... so I started dosing nolva 20mg daily, and Arimidex at 1mg daily, with a couple of 2.5mg Letro tabs peppered in the first three days 1 tab daily, and then 1 tab every 3rd day or so untill my lump went away, then I dropped the Letro, continued to dose the arimidex 1mg every 3 days, dropped the SERM, and carried on with my cycle (all this over the course of 3 weeks), dosing the Arimidex .5mg every 3 days for preventive measures. You don't have to use Letro at all, you can just use a SERM and any other Aromatase inhibitor (AI) properly dosed, preferrably a suicidal one.... pick whichever one's relative potency is applicable to your situation. (Exemestane (Aromasin) is stronger than Arimistane (e-control))

You can do the same thing by substituting Raloxifene in the place of Tamoxifen (nolva), or by using Torem instead of Nolva. You can also use Arimistane instead of Arimidex, since it's a suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and is more preferred, healthier in general. If you must use Letro for heavy cases, it would be best to follow up with a suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) for a couple of weeks after stopping Letro use, to avoid rebound.

Another Approach to treating gyno, is the Strictly-Letro protocol, which will just crush all estrogen production in your system, and is generally dosed like this;

chrisotpherm said:
Letro dozing.

3 days at .25ml
3 days at .5ml
up to 14 days at 1ml (start cutting back after the lump is gone or you have hit 14 days)
5 days at .5ml
5 days at .25ml
8 days at .25ml eod (4 total doses)

this should help clear that up bro.

This is assuming the liquid concentration of your letro is 2.5mg/mL, so up to 14 days at 2.5mg letro per day

Of course, you could also just start at effective dosage (2.5mg daily) until you get the desired effect (gyno regression/reversal) and then taper down.

The only thing about the strictly-letro approach I personally don't like, is that letro entirely crushes the estrogen in your system.

It's usually best NOT to entirely CRUSH your estrogen if you can help it. Some estrogen is vital to many bodily functions within your system:

Estrogen is responsible for a host of beneficial functions in your system, within it's proper balance. Too much can lead to gyno or irritation, not enough can also be problematic. Estrogen is responsible for proper libido boost/function, proper weight management (too much can also add extra fat), as well as proper joint lubrication (not enough estrogen can dry out joints and lead to creaky/weak/dry joint movement) and too much or too little estrogen can also lead to mild or fairly severe feeling of lethargy.... so it's vital to keep it properly balanced.

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY ESTROGEN IS BALANCED?

The "side effects" from high estrogen are more on a progressive scale of a full range, it's not just black and white constricted to gyno or no gyno symptoms. It also impacts erectile function, general mood, and a host of other bodily functions and processes, some more sensitive than others. I don't know how estrogen levels correlate to what's shown on bloodwork, as far as side effects go. I've never taken bloodwork for estro levels, I've always just went off feel and sensitivity, and adjusted my dosage accordingly based on my own observation of libido, mood swings, and/or nipple sensitivity/beginning of lump formations

So I don't know how significant of an effect 55-85 estro level has on a person, I just know when everything is in the optimal range you shouldn't have mood swings (from estrogen), or attention-need issues, or erectile issues, or any nipple sensitivity, or any form of mild lethargy, or dry joint issues, or abnormal weight fluctuation (extra fat gain)

If you guys go completely off the beaten path of sensitivity, and have no clue where your estrogen levels are, then you can always GET BLOODWORK!
To make sure everything is in the balanced range, or to treat whichever hormone ends up being out of whack.

KEEP IN MIND:

heavyiron said:
Traditionally, docs are going to recommend Nolva but they typically only prescribe short runs as it can contribute to blood clots.

I assume the same to be true for all SERMs.

heavyiron said:
AI's do not but they can contribute to bone loss in the long run. At the end of the day a doc will likely prescribe Nolva first then an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if needed. I would agree with that strategy.

WHERE DO I GET SERMs/AIs?

I'm not too sure about forum rules, so I decided not to post any direct sources, but I'm sure you guys can google search your way to a proper place if needed, or maybe there's a board sponsor, I dunno. Best of luck!

That's about all I got folks, this lays it all out to the best of my understanding and personal experience. If any moderators care to contribute, or clear up anything they see fuzzy, or add to, or any of the other experienced members, feel free to do so. I just figured I'd make this thread as a quick how-to reference for the average user that share this common question. Thanks for reading, and happy curing

-Biggie

P.S. For further gyno cures on other forms of gyno, please see:

ironmagazine.com/2013/gynecomastia-causes-cures/

HOW DO I Pee Cee Tee?:

As mentioned above; For the purpose of testosterone boosting/recovery, Clomid, Tamox, and Torem should work plenty well for Post Cycle Therapy to artificially help stimulate the HPTA and raise testosterone production and assist in natural recovery. All of those three would be sufficient for PCT purposes; pick one, either one should work. That said, the experienced users generally find that one of those in particular tends to agree the best with their specific physiology. Since every case is unique and individual, I would recommend that everyone listen to your own body; your body already knows best what's best for you. In some cases it may be necessary to try one for one post cycle therapy (pct), and then another for another PCT down the road if so inclined, before settling on the one that you feel most comfortable with.

For me specifically, I chose torem right off the bat, and that was the one that most agrees with me. I have since then also had to use nolva when I didn't have torem on-hand, and it worked just fine for its purposes, but I still feel most comfortable with nonexistent side effects when using torem. That said, here is the relative proper dosing of each one for PCT purposes;

Clomid: 50/50/50/25 (mg daily, per week, for four weeks)

Nolva: 20/20/20/10

Torem: 90/60/60/30

Keep in mind these are just general guidelines, they are not rules set in stone. For heavier or longer cycles, it may be necessary to extend the SERM PCT an extra week or two. Feel it out and do what you feel is best within your given situation; you always know your situation the best.

Should I add natty test boosters to my PCT regimen?

That is entirely up to you. You can if you want, it most certainly wouldn't hurt. If you feel you need it, by all means add it in. Generally speaking tho, if your SERM is legit and good quality, then that should be all you really need for recovery. That said, adding a test booster is optional, and may provide a slight benefit. Use your own judgement, and if you feel you need it then by all means toss one in.

Do I need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with my PCT protocol?

Some guys are more estrogen sensitive than others, so in certain cases adding a mild suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) like ERASE or Exemestane may actually benefit. Since every case is unique and individual, if unsure, it may be wise to at least have one on hand. If deciding to use it, then adding it in a couple of weeks into the SERM, and maybe running it a week or two past the SERM treatment may be a good approach. Again, use your own judgement. When I ran my last post cycle therapy (pct), I had 6-oxo on-hand, used it for a week, and then just didn't feel like I needed it at all, so I ended up just finishing off with torem. Had no issues whatsoever. So, everything is all situational, listen to your own body. When all else fails, you can always get bloodwork post-PCT to verify that all hormones are in the balanced range.

That's pretty much all I got folks, I hope that clears everything up for the newcomer. If anyone would like to add to, or make any specific corrections where they see fit, feel free to do so. Best of luck, and happy cycling :)

Why can't I "keep my gains" on PH/DS/AAS cycle?

Just to extend this info out while I have your attention, another article that I wrote which is relevant to bodybuilding, but mayhaps in the wrong section. Whatever, just sharing understanding;

Alright, I've seen this question posed a thousand times, and it seems that a lot of people have a problem understanding what is really going on, so I figured I'd make this thread and explain it clearly. (by the way, this applies to girls too )

Your body has a certain natural balance as to how much "muscle" is necessary to go about your functions in life... to complete the tasks and challenges posed to it within how your particular life is structures. So, guys that work on computers, or guys that work more with their minds (mental stuff, chemists... physicists, priests, etc) generally spend less time on body development, because their lifestyle does not necessitate the need for extra muscle.

Guys that have more physically-intensive jobs (construction workers, boxers, fighters, etc) obviously have a higher physical demand, so their body supports the physical need for extra muscle (assuming they also eat enough to support it) on the daily basis... you can't be a good fighter and be physically frail or weak, or a good construction worker under those same conditions.

So what is responsible for keeping "muscle" on the body? Your physical demands from your own physical life. That's why we use resistance training (weight training) to artificially create this extra physical demand, so our body grows and adjusts accordingly. If the big guys all of a sudden stop lifting and going to the gym, their body will naturally adjust, and drop the "unneeded muscle", it will go back to it's natural balance for whatever is necessary and required to fulfill the demands of their daily life. If you stop lifting the same weights, the muscle needed to support that physical demand is going to shrink... use it or lose it.

So why can I not keep all the muscle I gained while on a PH/DS/AAS cycle? Because while on cycle, your capacity for physical growth is amplified (increased) above natural limits, it's supraphysiological... so to expect the same capacity while lifting naturally is expecting the impossible; it's simply unrealistic.

So why does my muscle shrink after cycle? Naturally, after any cycle, your are going to lose a certain percentage of your gains in the form of glycogen storage and water weight that was a provided benefit of the anabolic... as far as what muscle you gained, if you continue to eat enough to support it, rest properly (and enough) for your bodily needs so you don't catabolize your muscle from too much "overwork", and continue to exercise enough to consciously and continuously build physical resistance from demands of life, your body should (assuming you are fully healthy and no other adverse health problems) continue to maintain and grow it's muscular output... to a certain degree. There are limits such as old age where we lose our optimal hormonal output, and things of that nature. So there ARE physical limits to physical growth, but for the most part we can still grow and maintain within those limits.

All of this said, any muscle that is "unnatural" for your body, that is built with the use of AAS/PH/DS, will require further use of those drugs, diet, and exercise to maintain. But this is an UNNATURAL state that you are creating yourself. Look at Ronnie Coleman, his whole life is centered around picking up heavy things and setting them down, eating a ****load, and shooting up a bunch of drugs (just a factual statement, I am not against that lifestyle, I'm just pointing out the very nature of it). As soon as he stops lifting, or eating enough to support his growth, or injecting the drugs that support this supraphysiological growth rate, he will deflate back to his own natural balance. He CANNOT keep that muscle on him indefinitely, when he gets older his body is going to be less capable of the same growth rate no matter how many drugs he takes. How many 80 yr old men have we seen that are THAT big? NONE.

Case in point, I would suggest using these supplements to enhance your NATURAL frame, and not get too attached to the constant physical labor part of it, unless you personally like that lifestyle, in which case by all means. Just understand that past a certain limit, you will NEED more drugs to support a frame that's unnatural to life's demands. And then you're dependent on the drugs in a way to keep the supraphysiological frame/strength/growth/muscle. So do so out of full understanding so you know what that lifestyle entails. There are infinite dimensions of life, and bodybuilding or taking care of the physical body is just one of them. It's significant, sure, but I don't think it should be the full focus of one's life. It's just fine to look pretty, but if you spend your whole life just looking super pretty and get bigger than a brick ****house, then you will miss the growth in other dimensions of life... it would be stuck just to the physical, and that's kind of too much labor-intensive for my liking, but you guys make your own decisions based on your own understanding. I personally do like being sexy, but I don't need to get too, TOO big I need that extra energy to play with the ladies.

That should about sum it up, use your own judgement.

How to lift:

leangains.com/search/label/Training

and

^^Apply to every muscle group/exercise, and repeat as necessary. That simple.

How to eat for cutz if needed;

leangains.com/2010/06/intermittent-fasting-and-stubborn-body.html

this may help in the understanding of above message;

Also this link may help understand perceived genetic limitations;

lifetrainings.com/Your-unconscious-mind-is-running-you-life.html

And this video will varify that the info in that link is accurate;

:D

And that about does it, not rocket science. That's the basics, enjoy folks. Play the game gracefully :D :)

Last edited:
sorry I can't post links apparently, so if a mod can correct the links to link to the proper pages, as well as the videos, I would wholeheartedly appreciate it. Just trying to give back to the wonderful community that I spent the last year or so learning tidbits from here and there... I promise you all of this info/knowledge is nothing less than enriching.

Thank you all for what you do :) Just trying to help brothers out where I can. Peace

Last edited:
Wow. Welcome aboard. Thank you for sharing. I do need to point out that there are many flaws here. Please understand that I absolutely appreciate your contribution and I am merely sharing my views for the continued education of this board.

Understanding Gynecomastia;

Every now and then we get the same question popping up around here, on how to treat gyno. I figured I would make this basic outline for the average lifter/supplement user to explain the basic function of estrogen, gyno, and it's known cures so that it can be properly understood and is referenced all in one place.

The above really does not make me understand gynecomastia. For educational purposes, gynecomastia is the development and/or enlargement of breast tissue in men, not to be confused with pseudogynecomastia, which is fat-induced. Gynecomastia, as a result of steroid use is caused by excess estrogen that leads to female characteristic development.

The only reason we fear gyno is because we don't understand it.

Some guys are more estrogen sensitive than others, meaning they get gyno symptoms moreso than others when running compounds, or even certain compounds. That said, you're not going to grow tits overnight, with the proper use of SERM/AI you can reverse the effects and control the flare ups.

Now let's take a look at Estrogen, and the relative drugs used to manipulate it's effects;

Quote Originally Posted by Roun3er
Estrogen at say a level of 50 does not mean the same in terms of side effects if your test levels are 800 as it would is your test levels were 200.

E:T Ratio of 1:4 < 1:16
In the scenario of 1:4 your estrogen would be considered on the high end.
In a scenario of 1:16 it would be considered on the low end.

It is all dependent on the ratio of estrogen to testosterone. Knowing 1 level without knowing the other does not help much in terms of pinpointing a problem or area of concern.

Our bodies (male bodies) generally have a balanced ratio of estrogen to testosterone naturally, and naturally your body will always try to bring itself to this balance. When we use hormonal supplements, sometimes that balance is skewed off-kilter due to hormonal supplementation and the body trying to regulate itself in the presence of these new hormones.

As much as I'd like to use testosterone to estrogen ratio as a marker, it is not relevant whatsoever. Frankly, it is impossible to maintain healthy estradiol range while on cycle, and have an acceptable ratio. The only way this is possible to for everyone to run super low doses of testosterone, which would render cycling steroids generally fruitless. Regardless of the ratio, it is estradiol and estradiol management only that will be your first line of defense.

Understanding testosterone to estrogen conversion;

Your HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis, can google this) is responsible for GnRH, LH/FSH, and testosterone production (basic sex, or reproduction hormones). The aromatase enzymes are then responsible for maintaining the balance between natural testosterone output, and estrogen conversion. So aromatase enzymes are what convert Testosterone to estrogen. (By the way, as a side note, cholesterol converts to testosterone, so during PCT it's good to keep a little more healthy fats in the diet to promote healthy testosterone recovery/production)

Cholesterol precursors are entirely negligible in the presence or GnRH inducing drugs. hCG n cycle activates p450cc through backfilling pathways and maintains healthy steroidogenesis. On cycle preventative measure is vital. Certainly doesn't hurt to focus elsewhere however.

Clomid: This one in particular sends a strong LH signal to the HPTA and promotes good testosterone recovery/production. However, not the best SERM when it comes to treating Gyno. Commonly dosed 50mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 25mg daily for the final week.

Clomiphene does not mimic LH analog. This drug induces pituitary gonadotropin secretion and in fact is dominant in FSH, not LH. LH is primary with Tamoxifen. This is why Clomiphene is a staple (today) in treating infertility. I agree that this is not a good drug for gynecomastia treatment.

Tamoxifen: This one is an all-around SERM which does a great job at both boosting testosterone production, as well as blocking estrogen receptors at the breast so that estrogen cannot bind to them. Commonly dosed 20mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) or gyno treatment (2-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 10mg daily for the final week.

I'm not sure what "all around SERM" means, but gynecomastia treatment with tamoxifen is certainly strong and effective. However, 2 to 6 weeks is merely impossible. This treatment generally takes longer.

Raloxifene: This one in particular is the weakest of the four SERMs at boosting testosterone recovery, but is allegedly (from all of the studies I have seen) the best candidate for blocking estrogen receptors at the breast tissue. Commonly dosed 60mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) or gyno treatment (2-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 30mg daily for the final week. This one has also been effectively used to treat pubertal Gyno.

Agree that this is the most effective solution for gynecomastia, however, not in 2 to 6 weeks. Impossible in most cases. It's important to note that a 90 day dose of 60mg should be the maximum span, beyond that we risk bone demineralization. I will however, disagree that raloxifene is weak at gonadotropin production. This is however, yet to be published so I have no documentation to provide at this time, so I will refrain from further comments.

Arimidex (Anastrazole): This Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is fairly mild, but relatively strong, and is commonly dosed around 1mg per day (heavily) or .5mg eod (every other day) or e3d for general preventive measures. Arimidex is known for having slightly negative effect on good cholesterol levels (lipids) so is generally best used sparingly, if at all.

Letrozole: This is by far the strongest available Aromatase Inhibitor on the market, and is generally very good at clearing out all estrogen production, depending on dosage and duration, in the body. Best used as last resort, but can be effectively dosed at low doses for preventive measures/control. Generally heavy dose is around 2.5mg daily for reversal of gyno, more on the proper dosing of this one later in this thread.

Suicidal AIs:

The Suicidal Inhibitors are ones that Permanently bind to aromatase enzymes and render them ineffective at creating more estrogen for the time that they are taken. Your body will eventually continue it's production of aromatase enzymes naturally, and balance will be re-established once you stop taking this AI.

Arimistane: Main active Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in E-Control 2.0/Erase/Erase Pro/ BSL's Eradicate. Is a mild suicidal aromatase inhibitor, and is generally effective in most light or mild cases for prevention and reversal of gyno symptoms, along with the use of a SERM, if caught early enough. Dosing 2-3 caps daily should be plenty.

Aromasin (Exemestane): This Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is generally dosed around 25mg daily, or 12.5mg daily, or every other day as needed (some even dose at 6.75mg daily for simple preventive/regulatory measures). Best to dose this daily, since the active half-life is something like 9 hours. Roughly equivalent to Arimidex in effect; the two are fairly comparable. Exemestane is more favorable since it does not have a huge impact on cholesterol levels/lipids as adex does.

There is no need to taper down the suicidal AIs after use, since they cannot cause rebound as far as I know. If running a strong Competitive Inhibitor (such as letro) it's best to follow up with a Suicidal Inhibitor afterwards for a couple of weeks, to avoid estrogen rebound.

Arimidex is far from mild. It is in fact, much stronger than Aromasin. It's a "same day service" drug as it begins to work immediately, where aromasin takes over a week to get serum levels up. 1mg per day is a dramatically extreme dose. There is never a reason to dose arimidex on a daily basis.

Letrozole is harsh and should be a last resort, I agree. 2.5mg doses however, are ungodly and a surefire way to deplete e2 to numbers "too low to count", rendering said user miserable and useless.

Aromasin half life is 27 hours, not 9. Agree with healthy lipids during treatment.

Estrogen rebound is best handled with Tamoxifen, not an Aromatase inhibitor (AI).

In the right combination, and dosing, one can safely, and effectively combine SERMs and AIs to treat and reverse Gyno symptoms. One just has to be patient, and consistent with the dosage over time. Keep in mind, SERMs raise circulating estrogen. I presume the reason for this is because they also boost testosterone production, which in turn converts to more estrogen production. But while on the SERM treatment, they do block estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors in the breast tissue, thus effectively preventy gyno formations. So, to control further estrogen production, while the existing "too much" estrogen gets metabolized out of the system, a low-dosed Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (Aromatase Inhibitor, preferrably a Suicidal Inhibitor) would work just fine. It's also advisable to dose the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) a couple of weeks after stopping your SERM to avoid estrogen rebound. SERMs generally have an active half-life of around 5-7 days.

Coupling an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with a SERM is only acceptable on cycle. It should never be done post cycle or when an individual is not on cycle. Please note, there would be no estrogen rebound in the presence or post presence of SERMs. No need for AI's. With some AI's, they can in fact induce a rebound. Always avoid AI's in cases mentioned.

The reason a drug with a half life of 5 to 7 days is dosed daily is so that we benefit from the compounding effect. This effect is fairly useless at low compounding, so 2 weeks after SERM therapy is weak at best.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? EXAMPLES PLEASE: So, for example, I had a lump forming from my last cycle that went on for a couple of weeks, and then I finally decided enough was enough and had to treat it from getting any worse... so I started dosing nolva 20mg daily, and Arimidex at 1mg daily, with a couple of 2.5mg Letro tabs peppered in the first three days 1 tab daily, and then 1 tab every 3rd day or so untill my lump went away, then I dropped the Letro, continued to dose the arimidex 1mg every 3 days, dropped the SERM, and carried on with my cycle (all this over the course of 3 weeks), dosing the Arimidex .5mg every 3 days for preventive measures. You don't have to use Letro at all, you can just use a SERM and any other Aromatase inhibitor (AI) properly dosed, preferrably a suicidal one.... pick whichever one's relative potency is applicable to your situation. (Exemestane (Aromasin) is stronger than Arimistane (e-control))

You can do the same thing by substituting Raloxifene in the place of Tamoxifen (nolva), or by using Torem instead of Nolva. You can also use Arimistane instead of Arimidex, since it's a suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and is more preferred, healthier in general. If you must use Letro for heavy cases, it would be best to follow up with a suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) for a couple of weeks after stopping Letro use, to avoid rebound.

20 mg of Nolvadex + 1mg adex daily + 2.5 mg Letro... that's a disastrous example to be honest. (I know you're merely making a point, but my god brother! :) what gives?

Again, none of this matters if using a SERM.

Torem is not a substitute for tamoxifen. Not even close brother.

Another Approach to treating gyno, is the Strictly-Letro protocol, which will just crush all estrogen production in your system, and is generally dosed like this;

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm
Letro dozing.

3 days at .25ml
3 days at .5ml
up to 14 days at 1ml (start cutting back after the lump is gone or you have hit 14 days)
5 days at .5ml
5 days at .25ml
8 days at .25ml eod (4 total doses)

this should help clear that up bro.
This is assuming the liquid concentration of your letro is 2.5mg/mL, so up to 14 days at 2.5mg letro per day

I would avoid this method. AI's have been studied and deemed unacceptable treatment drugs. Nolvadex or preferably Raloxifene are superior and proven to work, even for pubertal gynecomastia. Letrozole is a recipe for disaster.

Letrozole is an aromatase inhibitor. One of the most powerful aromatase inhibitors available today. Far too many people are considering this method because many moons ago it was touted as a good tool for reversal. We've learned a lot since then and Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM) studies on gynecomastia reversal are readily available for confirmation.

I did a short experiment myself recently when my E2 came back at 46 pg/mL (Range < 29 for a sensitive E2 assay). I did not experience gynecomastia, but I wanted to bring that down back to range. The increase was likely due to switching my Testosterone Therapy administrations from subcutaneous (SubQ) to intramuscular (IM). IM injections have more of an impact on E2 due to faster absorption. This result came about on July 2nd. I had a Letrozole prescription laying around and figured I'd give it a go. It's been so long since I've used Letrozole. My prescription was for 100 microgram capsules.

I administered 100 mcg. (Micrograms) daily. After the 10th day I felt miserable and so I discontinued use. One week after I stopped, I tested E2 again and it came back 2 pg/mL. Remember, this is a full week after Letrozole was discontinued. So it had to be at zero, or "too low to count" for several days. I was bedridden for several days. Completely useless and couldn't find a reason to get up and about. If you've killed your E2 before, you know exactly what I mean. I don't wish this on anyone. Really amazes me that some folks are running this thing using milligram after milligram several times per week. And these "Gynecomastia Reversal" threads using these astronomical doses are just mind boggling. Pretty eye opening once again. Anyway, I waited a while and got back on DIM.

The entire letrozole for gynecomastia reversal came about in 2001 when a study was published. This study was done on mice, not humans. So don't be a mouse, be a man. reference PMID: 11850204 to see this study.

To give you an example of how low this drug is supposed to be dosed, it was studied in extremely obese hypogonadal men. Overweight men convert far more estrogen than non-overweight men. This is because they carry far more aromatase enzymes. Using Letrozole, these highly aromatizing men were treated with doses of 2mg to 2.5mg once per week. If we break that up, you're looking at about 285 micrograms per day. That's it. This powerful drug never, under any circumstances should be used in a milligram + basis on a daily administered protocol. It is simply outrageous. Check study here...

Here's one, and there are several just like this...

Due to these disappointing results, aromatase inhibitors are not recommended as a first-line treatment for gynecomastia in men.

HOW DO I Pee Cee Tee?:

As mentioned above; For the purpose of testosterone boosting/recovery, Clomid, Tamox, and Torem should work plenty well for Post Cycle Therapy to artificially help stimulate the HPTA and raise testosterone production and assist in natural recovery. All of those three would be sufficient for PCT purposes; pick one, either one should work. That said, the experienced users generally find that one of those in particular tends to agree the best with their specific physiology. Since every case is unique and individual, I would recommend that everyone listen to your own body; your body already knows best what's best for you. In some cases it may be necessary to try one for one post cycle therapy (pct), and then another for another PCT down the road if so inclined, before settling on the one that you feel most comfortable with.

For me specifically, I chose torem right off the bat, and that was the one that most agrees with me. I have since then also had to use nolva when I didn't have torem on-hand, and it worked just fine for its purposes, but I still feel most comfortable with nonexistent side effects when using torem. That said, here is the relative proper dosing of each one for PCT purposes;

This is quite worrisome. Using a single SERM for post cycle therapy is a weaker choice than running 2 SERMS.

There are 2 major components involved in recovery. Testosterone production and Spermatogenesis.

LH and FSH are both required for the equation. LH is produced by the pituitary and stimulates the Leydig cells to produce testosterone. Once testosterone is in production it works alongside FSH and stimulates sertoli cells to produce sperm. Sperm production is hindered if either of these are unhealthy. They both work in synergy. You need BOTH to be at healthy levels.

clomid has multiple effects. It's an anti-estrogen, so it obviously decreases the estrogenic effects in your body by stimulating the Hypothalamus back to life and sending gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) to your pituitary, so that LH/FSH can be secreted.

Nolva boosts the effects of clomid because it put clomid into "competition" mode where they both fight for a receptors to bind to. This competitiveness will only occur with the presence of BOTH nolva/clomid, and will inevitably resolve the issue of excess estrogen in the Hypothalamus. This will trigger both LH and FSH to crank UP, as the high estrogen in this cluster is suppressive. This entire scenario is not as effective with only one drug.

Furthermore varying the compounds; Since we know both stimulate LH, what most don't know is that the act is different. clomid boosts the amplitude of LH serum, but has no effect on the frequency. Nolvadex is the complete opposite in that area, where it boosts the actual frequency of LH and has no effect on its amplitude.

You're probably assuming they're identical and overpowering... clomid is a mixed agonist/antagonist for the estradiol receptor. Nolva is also mixed, however.... it is a pure antagonist in the E receptor in breast tissue. There is a reason that clomid is not recommended for gynecomastia reversal, but Nolva is.

Can you recover with just Nolvadex, or just clomid? Well, anything is possible. But why would you take that risk if the combination gives you a much better chance? To save a few bucks and risk your health? clomid when coupled with Nolvadex is clearly the safer choice over using either compound individually.

Should I add natty test boosters to my PCT regimen?

That is entirely up to you. You can if you want, it most certainly wouldn't hurt. If you feel you need it, by all means add it in. Generally speaking tho, if your SERM is legit and good quality, then that should be all you really need for recovery. That said, adding a test booster is optional, and may provide a slight benefit. Use your own judgement, and if you feel you need it then by all means toss one in.

Do I need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with my PCT protocol?

Some guys are more estrogen sensitive than others, so in certain cases adding a mild suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) like ERASE or Exemestane may actually benefit. Since every case is unique and individual, if unsure, it may be wise to at least have one on hand. If deciding to use it, then adding it in a couple of weeks into the SERM, and maybe running it a week or two past the SERM treatment may be a good approach. Again, use your own judgement. When I ran my last post cycle therapy (pct), I had 6-oxo on-hand, used it for a week, and then just didn't feel like I needed it at all, so I ended up just finishing off with torem. Had no issues whatsoever. So, everything is all situational, listen to your own body. When all else fails, you can always get bloodwork post-PCT to verify that all hormones are in the balanced range.

DAA might be the only "test booster" that actually works, however, it is not needed and will be negligible in the presence of serms. Possibly even counter productive. AI's are not needed during post cycle therapy (pct). In very rare cases it may be used for super short spans. lastly, blood work should be a staple for everyone. Not an option, otherwise, there is nothing to confirm. Just as important is baseline blood work, otherwise we would have nothing to compare to.

In closing, as I stated in the very beginning, you've provided some very valuable information and I absolutely appreciate the effort you put into this. It is obvious that you have great intentions. As an advocate for your health and others, I merely felt compelled to share my thoughts.

Please enjoy your stay and have a powerful day.

Thank you so much for those corrections Austinite, you have no idea how valuable they are... I almost ruined 3 forums lol (true story) tho oddly enough all of the information gathered was from those very same forums... so I guess I wouldn't have "ruined" them per-se, just homogenized the bullshit back across the original sources... certainly helps to have a place to come to and clear the air. I apologize for the misleading information, and have just copied and pasted your corrections across those very same forums without including your name or reference.

For what it's worth, I guess whatever information you guys DO find useful out of all of that is certainly all yours... the intent was/is obviously to contribute some medical healing value to a common problem.

One more thing, I wasn't trying to "make a point" when I said I took 1mg adex daily with 20mg nolva and 2.5mg letro tabs peppered throughout... I actually did that to get rid of my lumps. I see now that it probably wasn't the wisest decision, but I was simply going off the information that I had at the time, as well as my resources available to me (those were the only ancillaries I had to work with)

Thank you kindly yet again

View attachment 554484

Thank you so much for those corrections Austinite, you have no idea how valuable they are... I almost ruined 3 forums lol (true story) tho oddly enough all of the information gathered was from those very same forums... so I guess I wouldn't have "ruined" them per-se, just homogenized the bullshit back across the original sources... certainly helps to have a place to come to and clear the air. I apologize for the misleading information, and have just copied and pasted your corrections across those very same forums without including your name or reference.

For what it's worth, I guess whatever information you guys DO find useful out of all of that is certainly all yours... the intent was/is obviously to contribute some medical healing value to a common problem.

One more thing, I wasn't trying to "make a point" when I said I took 1mg adex daily with 20mg nolva and 2.5mg letro tabs peppered throughout... I actually did that to get rid of my lumps. I see now that it probably wasn't the wisest decision, but I was simply going off the information that I had at the time, as well as my resources available to me (those were the only ancillaries I had to work with)

Thank you kindly yet again
You're a Good sport. We're all here to learn, myself included.

2.5 mg Letro daily should treat gyno. I would treat about 3-4 weeks and then see how your gyno is responding. Because AI's lower E2 so much I would then switch to Nolva at 20 mg daily to further treat gyno but allow circulating E2 to trend upward. This order of treatment will likely prevent any E2 rebound. Both compounds have good science for treating gyno.

Here's the best gyno treatment protocol IMHO. I designed this protocol after many years of experience and research.

2.5 mg Letro daily for 4 weeks
20 mg Nolva daily for 4-8 weeks

For what it's worth I've used letro in combination with nolva to clear my lumps quite recently, so it certainly is effective, I was just providing the best information I have on hand to-date.

Would aromasin be just as effective? Since it's less intrusive on the estradiol, wouldn't crush it as bad... or is letro just better because it's more concentrated so works quicker? Thanks heavy.

On the boards Letro seems to be the most misunderstood Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Guys tend to think of it as the strongest Aromatase inhibitor (AI) but that data is lacking for males. However due to its longer half life dosing can be spread out. For gyno I like to hit it hard. For E2 control maybe 2-3 doses weekly are fine. Obviously labs will help dial in the dose. 2.5 mg Letro daily puts my E2 around 10 pg/ml. It will reduce any gyno swelling I have at that dose.

Here's an interesting study showing Letro isn't as evil (strong) as some thread parrots think =)

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Oct;90(10):5717-22. Epub 2005 Jul 26.

Comparative assessment in young and elderly men of the gonadotropin response to aromatase inhibition.

T'Sjoen GG, Giagulli VA, Delva H, Crabbe P, De Bacquer D, Kaufman JM.
Department of Endocrinology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. guy.tsjoen@ugent.be

Abstract

CONTEXT: Aging in men is associated with a decline in serum testosterone (T) levels.
OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to assess whether decreased T in aging might result from increased estradiol (E2) negative feedback on gonadotropin secretion.
DESIGN AND SETTING: We conducted a comparative intervention study (2004) in the Outpatient Endocrinology Clinic, Ghent University Hospital.
PARTICIPANTS: Participants included healthy young and elderly men (n = 10 vs. 10).
INTERVENTIONS: We used placebo and letrozole (2.5 mg/d) for 28 d, separated by 2 wk washout.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: We assessed changes in serum levels of free E2, LH, and FSH, free T, SHBG, and gonadotropins response to an i.v. 2.5-microg GnRH bolus.
RESULTS: As assessed after 28 d of treatment, letrozole lowered E2 by 46% in the young men (P = 0.002) and 62% in the elderly men (P < 0.001). In both age groups, letrozole, but not placebo, significantly increased LH levels (339 and 323% in the young and the elderly, respectively) and T (146 and 99%, respectively) (P value of young vs. elderly was not significant). Under letrozole, peak LH response to GnRH was 152 and 52% increase from baseline in young and older men, respectively (P = 0.01).
CONCLUSIONS: Aromatase inhibition markedly increased basal LH and T levels and the LH response to GnRH in both young and elderly men. The observation of similar to greater LH responses in the young compared with the elderly does not support the hypothesis that increased restraining of LH secretion by endogenous estrogens is instrumental in age-related decline of Leydig cell function.

PMID: 16046582 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Just to clear up SOME of the confusion :)

^ argh. I am at work. But will reply (in great detail) when i get back. Meanwhile, please invite 'heavyiron' to the board. I'd love to interact and "clear up the confusion".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back