Common Cures and treatments for Gyno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can certainly ask, I would appreciate a response nonetheless and then I can forward him this thread. It would be up to him whether or not this is something that particularly interests him or something that he is willing to take his time out to approach.

For what it's worth I've learned quite a lot from the man on sifting through the copious amount of repetitive bullshit on various forums, and for the sake of common education I really value his extensive knowledge and experience in these issues from decades of use, and would thoroughly appreciate his input as well; but that's not for me to decide.

Letrozole is a highly potent inhibitor of aromatase in vitro, in vivo in animals, and in humans. The relative potencies of letrozole, anastrozole, and fadrozole were determined in a variety of model cellular endocrine and tumor systems containing aromatase (hamster ovarian tissue fragments, adipose tissue fibroblasts from normal human breast, the MCF-7Ca human breast cancer cell line transfected with the human aromatase gene, and the JEG-3 human choriocarcinoma cell line) [31]. These studies showed that although letrozole and anastrozole are approximately equipotent in a cell-free aromatase system (human placental microsomes), letrozole is 10***8211;30 times more potent than anastrozole in inhibiting intracellular aromatase in intact rodent cells, normal human adipose fibroblasts, and human cancer cell lines (Fig. 4) [31]. In several other studies, letrozole has consistently demonstrated greater potency compared with anastrozole, exemestane, formestane, and aminoglutethimide.

In postmenopausal women, letrozole achieves significantly greater plasma estrogen suppression of estrogens and greater inhibition of in vivo aromatization than anastrozole [83]. In the study, levels of aromatase were detectable in 11 of 12 patients during treatment with anastrozole (mean percentage inhibition in the whole group, 97.3%) but in none of the 12 patients during treatment with letrozole (>99.1% suppression in all patients; Wilcoxon, P = 0.0022, comparing the two drug regimens). Suppression of estrone and estrone sulfate was found to be significantly greater during treatment with letrozole compared with anastrozole (P = 0.019 and 0.0037, respectively). Another study conducted in 54 postmenopausal women with invasive breast cancer showed that more complete inhibition of aromatase was achieved with 2.5 mg of letrozole than 1 mg of anastrozole, resulting in significantly greater suppression of estradiol (P < 0.0001), the most bioactive estrogen [84]. This recent study confirms previous observations showing that letrozole produces near complete inhibition of aromatase in peripheral tissues, associated with greater suppression of estrogen than achieved with other AIs

The discovery and mechanism of action of letrozole

Use of ultrasensitive recombinant cell bioassay to measure estrogen levels in women with breast cancer receiving the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole.

Klein KO, Demers LM, Santner SJ, Baron J, Cutler GB Jr, Santen RJ.
Children's Hospital of Orange County, California 92668, USA.

The development of well tolerated, potent, specific, and nontoxic aromatase inhibitors for the treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen-dependent breast cancer has been a major goal of recent studies. The third generation inhibitors now under investigation are nearly 10,000-fold more potent than first generation compounds. Currently available RIAs for plasma estradiol lack sufficient sensitivity to measure levels during aromatase inhibition and, thus, to assess drug potency precisely. The availability of an ultrasensitive bioassay for estradiol provided the opportunity to accurately assess the potency of a new third generation triazole aromatase inhibitor, letrozole (CGS 20267). We used this assay to measure estradiol levels in 14 women with metastatic breast cancer given letrozole at doses of 100 micrograms to 5.0 mg/day over a 12-week period. The lack of differences between doses and sampling times allowed pooling of data. Basal estradiol levels of 7.2 +/- 1.9 pmol/L (mean +/- SEM, 1.95 +/- 0.52 pg/mL) fell to 0.26 +/- 0.11 pmol/L (0.07 +/- 0.03 pg/mL) during the first 6 weeks of therapy and to 0.48 +/- 0.18 pmol/L (0.13 +/- 0.05 pg/mL) during the second 6 weeks of therapy. Although plasma estradiol levels measured by RIA were significantly correlated with levels measured by bioassay (r = 0.79; P < 0.01), the degree of suppression assessed by the bioassay (95 +/- 2% after 6 weeks) was greater than that determined by the RIA (81 +/- 4%), presumably due to improved ability to measure very low estradiol levels. We conclude that plasma estradiol is suppressed by letrozole to lower levels than previously observed, with equivalent suppression at all doses studied. A slight, although not statistically significant, rebound in estradiol levels occurs during the second 6 weeks of therapy compared to the first 6 weeks. Maximum inhibition of aromatase is achieved at letrozole doses as low as 100 micrograms.

PMID: 7673408 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

In the study quoted in response to your question, it does not state what type of assay was used in measuring serum estradiol levels. If you read the last study I posted you'll notice how letrozole was measured on a ultra-sensitive bioassay for estradiol suppression and was found to have dropped E2 levels lower than ever previously recorded. If the first study used a normal assay, it's no wonder they weren't able to fully gauge true suppression. Also the efficacy of letrozole at reversing gyno is very low. There are few studies or trials showing true effectiveness across the board. It's mechanism of action in reversing gyno is by crushing E2 levels. SERM treatment in the other hand (ralox/tamox) has a proven track record in the literature at reversing gyno and efficacy of up to 76% or higher with none of the harsh low E2 sides bc it doesn't work by lowering circulating E2 levels; it works as an antagonist to the ER in breast tissue. As an antagonist, it binds to the ER abut doesn't activate the receptor leaving it unable to bind with Estradiol and lead to gyno.

^^Thanks for that response, still waiting on a few words from Austinite if he would like to add anything to that as I forward the link. You guys are awesome
Met these two and they're atop my list:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6TrQzNTrRA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dp6TrQzNTrRA
I'm actually more partial to this kind of rap;
Tho I do also like the occasional Big Pimpin

And, of course, hips don't lie :)

Last edited:
Alright now... If I'm going to continue with this thread you guys are going to have to scale back on all the big words! lol...

Alright now... If I'm going to continue with this thread you guys are going to have to scale back on all the big words! lol...

It's practice, Austin and I will be going to war on the "Words with Friends" battlefield. I cannot lose!

And how ironic, I seem to remember you used some big words in a prolactin thread recently :p

It's practice, Austin and I will be going to war on the "Words with Friends" battlefield. I cannot lose!

And how ironic, I seem to remember you used some big words in a prolactin thread recently :p
Just tryin to keep up with you, Austin and Half. I feel like I need to be sat in the corner with a big pointy hat on when you guys come around. Lol...

Just tryin to keep up with you, Austin and Half. I feel like I need to be sat in the corner with a big pointy hat on when you guys come around. Lol...

When those two come around is when I get google scholar cranking and PubMed open in a minimum of 4tabs lol

When those two come around is when I get google scholar cranking and PubMed open in a minimum of 4tabs lol
That's the truth! Google is our friend... best damn invention Al Gore ever made or was that the internet he invented, I get them confused?

2.5 mg Letro daily should treat gyno. I would treat about 3-4 weeks and then see how your gyno is responding. Because AI's lower E2 so much I would then switch to Nolva at 20 mg daily to further treat gyno but allow circulating E2 to trend upward. This order of treatment will likely prevent any E2 rebound. Both compounds have good science for treating gyno.

Here's the best gyno treatment protocol IMHO. I designed this protocol after many years of experience and research.

2.5 mg Letro daily for 4 weeks
20 mg Nolva daily for 4-8 weeks

If your body is able to handle 2.5mg of daily Letrozole doses, your letrozole is bunk. Period. Try Pharmaceutical Letrozole and I promise this "protocol" will change quickly. I've done both so this is my experienced opinion. I really and truly do understand the compound and exactly how it works. if need be, I can cite it's journey in the body precisely. It's a poor choice.

Once again, just because something lessens the diameter of a lump, does not mean we need to use it. It's like taking a baseball bat to a bothersome fly. Yes, you'll probably kill the annoying fly, but you'll end up with holes all over your drywall. That's what we're doing with Letrozole, as it smashes it's way through your system.

For what it's worth I've used letro in combination with nolva to clear my lumps quite recently, so it certainly is effective, I was just providing the best information I have on hand to-date.

Would aromasin be just as effective? Since it's less intrusive on the estradiol, wouldn't crush it as bad... or is letro just better because it's more concentrated so works quicker? Thanks heavy.

Effective is loosely used nowadays. I'll refer you back to my first reply above. Aromasin will do nothing for gynecomastia other than prevent it, if used properly, which in most cases it is not.

On the boards Letro seems to be the most misunderstood Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Guys tend to think of it as the strongest Aromatase inhibitor (AI) but that data is lacking for males. However due to its longer half life dosing can be spread out. For gyno I like to hit it hard. For E2 control maybe 2-3 doses weekly are fine. Obviously labs will help dial in the dose. 2.5 mg Letro daily puts my E2 around 10 pg/ml. It will reduce any gyno swelling I have at that dose.

The study that was posted used Estradiol serum. This is not acceptable. We have evolved since then, scientifically and now understand that Estradiol serum is only acceptable for women, not men. Immunoassay technology is old and merely useless today and not trustworthy in LC/MS.

Men should be tested with either a sensitive or ultrasensitive estradiol assay. It's far more accurate by its methodology. Post 2005 (date of the study you posted), 1000's upon 1000's of cases were submitted to Nicholas Institute with results showing an estradiol that is in range, while an ultrasensitive assay shows out of range, and even vice versa. But treatment was proven far more effective by managing estrogen based on sensitivity assays, where working with basic e2 failed.

These submissions are the reasons that the Director of Quest Diagnostics ordered a new statement be placed on all QD documentation and website to reflect this.

Furthermore, Dr. Crisler presented his evidence to William Falloon of labcorp (just 3 weeks ago!), and now... LIfe Extension Foundation will also switching from standard panels to Ultrasensitive assays. If you're not aware of Crisler, he has ordered more from both Quest and Labcorp than anyone in the United States. He absolutely has the evidence and is the reason why Quest changed their recommendations, and soon so will Labcorp.

Anyway, the point is, that study used the wrong tests. Not their fault, they were not advanced as we are today. But it renders the study (for the purpose of this conversation) worthless.

Estradiol test are a major reason why so many folks say "I don't understand, I have gyno, but my E2 is in range!". Well guess what, no it's not...

Men should be tested with either a sensitive or ultrasensitive estradiol assay. It's far more accurate by its methodology. Post 2005 (date of the study you posted), 1000's upon 1000's of cases were submitted to Nicholas Institute with results showing an estradiol that is in range, while an ultrasensitive assay shows out of range, and even vice versa. But treatment was proven far more effective by managing estrogen based on sensitivity assays, where working with basic e2 failed.

Estradiol test are a major reason why so many folks say "I don't understand, I have gyno, but my E2 is in range!". Well guess what, no it's not...

So you're saying the female hormone panel I ordered which showed my estradiol to be in perfect range, could actually be wrong?? Nothing but a sensitive or ultrasensitive assay will give me the most accurate results? How much can these tests be off?

So, let's see if I understood you guys correctly, because I still feel like somewhere either my basic foundational information is wrong.

Austinite said:
I'm not sure what "all around SERM" means, but gynecomastia treatment with tamoxifen is certainly strong and effective. However, 2 to 6 weeks is merely impossible. This treatment generally takes longer.

Raloxifene: This one in particular is the weakest of the four SERMs at boosting testosterone recovery, but is allegedly (from all of the studies I have seen) the best candidate for blocking estrogen receptors at the breast tissue. Commonly dosed 60mg/day for the duration of PCT period (4-6 weeks) or gyno treatment (2-6 weeks) can be tapered down to 30mg daily for the final week. This one has also been effectively used to treat pubertal Gyno.
Agree that this is the most effective solution for gynecomastia, however, not in 2 to 6 weeks. Impossible in most cases. It's important to note that a 90 day dose of 60mg should be the maximum span, beyond that we risk bone demineralization. I will however, disagree that raloxifene is weak at gonadotropin production. This is however, yet to be published so I have no documentation to provide at this time, so I will refrain from further comments.
What I meant by "all-around-SERM" is that it's multi-faceted, meaning not only is it effective at promoting healthy testosterone production through stimulating the HPT axis, but is also very effective at blocking estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors, and/or for treatment of gynecomastia.

The beneficial effects that tamoxifen has on testosterone production I deduced from this study, which I assume all of you have seen; 3 month greek study done on testosterone production with raloxifene,torem,and nolva

View attachment 554521

This is also why I mentioned that raloxifene does not seem to be a good candidate for the purpose of recovering testosterone levels solely; it simply is not as effective at doing so out of all of our other options. So, perhaps I don't have the most complete understanding of the functions of raloxifene in relation to gonadatrophin production, would welcome any enlightening input there.

Also, as far as this business of "rebound gyno", being on other boards I've seen virtually the same repetitive reaction of guys taking a PCT for a standard 4-6 week oral cycle with nonaromatizeable compounds, and then some time post SERM post cycle therapy (pct), say a month or two or three down the road, the end up getting symptoms of rebound gyno.... hence the development of the understanding that it must be caused by estrogen, and that running a mild suicidal Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with the SERM (something like 6-oxo, or Arimistane or even Aromasin) should basically get rid of this further development. Yet, you have stated;

It should never be done post cycle or when an individual is not on cycle. Please note, there would be no estrogen rebound in the presence or post presence of SERMs. No need for AI's. With some AI's, they can in fact induce a rebound. Always avoid AI's in cases mentioned.

Now, you specifically advise against the approach of running an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) outside of direct cycle use, and further state that Post Cycle recovery should only include SERM treatment (this, for the cases of short oral cycles, say 4-6 weeks, where Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) use would simply be impractical or unnecessary). Did I understand you correctly? And why is that?

Also, it has been my understanding that SERMs elevate circulating estrogen, so I don't see how the possibility of estrogen rebound post-SERM use is avoided if we only use SERM treatment during post cycle therapy (pct). Even on the basic level, SERMs artificially raise testosterone production to or slightly above baseline in most cases, which means more conversion to estrogen during a time when your T:E ratio is already off-balanced to favor Estradiol (in the cases when you have just finished a cycle and your endogenous T production is practically nil). So it makes sense to me that SERMs can potentiate further production of estrogen, bringing it further off balance, leading further into gynecomastia land. Or is my understanding somewhere flawed? Thanks.

Also, you had mentioned above that torem and tamox are not even close when it comes to comparison of function, yet their chemical structure is very similar, I understand they are not the same, but I assumed they were close given that fact. Also I've seen numerous studies where Torem ended up being slightly more effective than Tamox at reversing or regressing developing gyno. (hence my suggestion in the OP that Ralox, nolva and torem are practically interchangeable when it comes to the application of gyno treatment, ralox being the more favored one obviously) I can find some and post here for reference if want, or if you are also familiar with the general knowledge then I would appreciate a comment on Toremifene's proper use. For me personally I've noticed my body just takes well to it for PCT purposes, but didn't have it on hand when I had my gyno flare up so used nolva instead.

You also said Adex at 1mg daily is ludicrous.. I sort of understand that, but at the time it was corrective measure that was the issue. So I had been taking it at 1mg weekly as preventive measure, and then about 4 months down the road the lumps crept up. I waited another 2 months or so before I did anything about them. Here's another thing I'm fuzzy on; you said that SERM treatment for the purposes of gyno reversal would generally take longer than 2-6 weeks, but I was able to reverse my lumps with nolva/adex/lil bit of letro within a matter of 3 weeks completely. So I assume the responsible drugs were the adex and letro? and less so the nolva?

Those are the basic fuzzy misunderstandings and misconceptions that I can think of at the moment, thanks again for your time and input

Last edited:
Another interesting research article;

As much as this drug is loved for post cycle therapy (pct), I think its high time we slowly ease out old school and switch to fareston/toremifene.

MANY THANKS TO JMF :

Here is a good reason why:

Nolvadex is the trade name of a drug containing a molecule called Tamoxifen. Its primary use by male bodybuilders is to prevent gynecomastia (the growth of the breast tissue). It was introduced by steroid guru Dan Duchaine 25 years ago. After a quarter of century, it is time for an update about its use. What I am going to demonstrate is it is high time to eliminate Nolvadex from the bodybuilder's drug stacks.

A Little Bit of History

Back in the late 70's, more and more bodybuilders developed strange lumps around their mammary glands. At first, no one really took notice but more and more competitors grew a gynecomastia. In 1981, the M Olympia had a pretty serious gyno. This was shortly after the introduction of this new drug by Dan Duchaine. At the time, it was a pretty good idea as no one else could came up with a solution in order to prevent this growing problem. Nolvadex was popularised by Dan's first Underground Steroid Handbook. Dan even states that "this drug has a lot of potential but hasn't been used enough yet to find it". After more than 25 years of intensive usage, it is my opinion that it is time to forget about Nolvadex. Why? First, because newer and more effective drugs have been developed. Second, because it seems obvious that Nolvadex impairs muscle growth.

Nolvadex and Muscle Growth

After so many years of usage, it seems pretty clear that if Tamoxifen helps prevent the growth of the nipples, it also weakens the anabolic properties of steroids in a majority of bodybuilders. We are frequently said that this weakening effect is due to the anti-estrogenic action of Nolvadex. According to the fantasy, muscles require both testosterone and estrogens to grow at an optimal rate.

This belief is derived from the results of studies showing that without estrogens, testosterone alone possesses minimal anabolic properties. By increasing the density of androgen receptors, estrogens render the muscles much more sensitive to testosterone (1). This has been demonstrated in a very specific muscle called the levator ani. But this muscle does not reflect what happens in the muscles bodybuilders are interested in (2). Estrogens have even been shown to reduce muscle fiber size (3-4). I think this effect of estrogens is closer to what we experience on bodybuilders.

Another popular explanation of the weakening action of Nolvadex is provided by studies which have shown that it reduced the plasma level of IGF-1. I do not think this is a primary explanation.

What Nolvadex Truly Is

Most lifters assume Nolvadex is a pure estrogen antagonist (which would mean it prevents estrogens from acting on their receptors). As far as bodybuilding is concerned, this assumption is very wrong as Nolvadex is both an estrogen receptor agonist and an antagonist. It all depends upon the tissues. Along with the nipples, on which Nolvadex acts mainly as an antagonist, we are also interested by its behaviour on skeletal muscles, on the liver and on the fat cells.

Nolvadex has been shown to behave as estrogens in skeletal muscles (5). This is a very good thing for every athletes except bodybuilders. You see, estrogens protect muscle cells from the training-induced damages (5-6). It means that one can train more without damaging his muscles. Recovery will also be much faster. But for bodybuilders, the training-induced damages are a key ingredient to trigger growth. Nolvadex will therefore reduce the muscle building effects of resistance training.

As for the impact of Tamoxifen on IGF-1, it simply demonstrates another estrogen-like action of Nolvadex. By rendering the liver less sensitive to growth hormone (probably by reducing the liver density of GH receptors), estrogens and tamoxifen diminish the production of IGF-1. This action of estrogens explains why women produce less IGF-1 than men eventhough the have a higher GH level.

Nolvadex and Muscle Definition

Within 24 to 48 hours, Nolvadex is able to greatly increase muscular definition. As a result, bodybuilders assume Nolvadex will help them reduce their bodyfat level. But this rapid cutting action of Nolvadex is due to an anti-estrogenic action on water retention. Estrogens will make you hold water. Nolvadex will produce the opposite effect. But it says nothing about the impact of Tamoxifen on bodyfat. Depending upon your own production of estrogens and your estrogen receptor density on adipocytes, Nolvadex can act as an antagonist (which would help you lose fat) or an agonist. In that case, Nolvadex will make you fatter especially in the lower body area.

Conclusion: if the introduction of Nolvadex 25 years ago was a brilliant idea, times have changed. Very effective anti-aromatase drugs (such as Letrozole or Anastrazole) have been introduced. They will fight gynecomastia, help prevent the anti-anabolic actions of estrogens, fight fat and water retention. They will also boost natural testosterone production far more effectively than Nolvadex. So, it is up to you to decide whether you wish impair your rate of progression with an outdated drug or move on to the 21st century.

Bibliography:

(1) Max SR. Androgen-estrogen synergy in rat levator ani muscle: glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1984 Dec;38(2-3):103-7.

(2) Rance NE, Max SR. Modulation of the cytosolic androgen receptor in striated muscle by sex steroids. Endocrinology. 1984 Sep;115(3):862-6.

(3) Kobori M, Yamamuro T. Effects of gonadectomy and estrogen administration on rat skeletal muscle. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1989 Jun;(243):306-11.

(4) Suzuki S, Yamamuro T. Long-term effects of estrogen on rat skeletal muscle. Exp Neurol. 1985 Feb;87(2):291-9.

(5) Koot RW, Amelink GJ, Blankenstein MA, Bar PR. Tamoxifen and oestrogen both protect the rat muscle against physiological damage. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1991;40(4-6):689-95.

(6) Naessens G, De Slypere JP, Dijs H, Driessens M. Hypogonadism as a cause of recurrent muscle injury in a high level soccer player. A case report. Int J Sports Med. 1995 Aug;16(6):413-7.

Some inferences:
a) Nolvadex effect on estrogen is VERY site specific, and not general. While being a good breast site ERM its effect on skeletal tissue seems way out.
b) While being extremely suppressive on IGF on site, nolva also becomes problematic to use if one runs IGF exogeniously in the PCT.

In support of Ralox:

SERMS are "designer" estrogen-related medications that activate the estrogen receptors, but have different effects on different tissues. There are two kinds of estrogen receptors, and after binding to receptors, the drug-receptor complex can have various conformations. Some of these will act like estrogen, others will inhibit the actions of estrogen.

Advantages of Raloxifene:
Many screening studies of related compounds have been done to search for those which act like estrogen in the desireable ways (stablize bone mass, improve lipid profile) but do not act like estrogen in undesireable ways (cause breast cancer, stimulate the endometrium). The effects on the cardiovascular system are still uncertain: when Ralox was first developed it was felt that estrogen had a beneficial action on the heart, now this is doubted and debated.

Effects on bone physiology
# Decreased bone formation and resorption
# No significant change in bone volume
# Slight increase in mineralization density
# No evidence of osteomalacia or bone toxicity

Another effect of Ralox is that users had fewer asthma attacks and less severe asthma symptoms, strongly suggesting that perhaps estrogen affects airway smooth muscle function by preventing the hyperresponsiveness characteristic of asthma and other chronic lung diseases.

Toxicology report that estrogen, as well as selective estrogen receptor modifiers (SERMs), completely abolished abnormal tracheal constriction in a carbachol test.Carbachol is often used to stimulate, or mimic, contractions of airway and other muscles.

Estrogen has a wide range of actions in the nervous system, including neuroprotection and potentiation of nerve regeneration (Toran-Allerand, 1999; Tanzer et al., 1999; McEwen et al., 2001; Islamov et al., 2002). In spite of the beneficial actions of estrogen on the nervous system, the opportunities for its wide therapeutic application are severely limited because of its adverse side effects in reproductive organs. Therefore, a search for pharmacological substances with selective estrogenic action on the nervous system is of great practical significance.

Other positive effects:
The HDL cholesterol level is considered a strong inverse predictor of cardiovascular disease .Therefore, the absence of an increase in serum HDL cholesterol levels raises concern that raloxifene may not be as effective as estrogen replacement in preventing cardiovascular disease. Although the findings of animal studies are difficult to generalize to humans, recent animal data have also raised concerns that raloxifene may not prevent the progression of coronary artery disease. Because no long-term trials have been conducted, it is impossible to determine whether the small lipid effects produced by raloxifene correlate with a smaller degree of cardioprotective activity.

Raloxifene vs Tamox
From the above we can infer that Ralox maybe a better choice over Tamox as it lends the following positive effects on use.
a)Increasing bone density
b)Prevention of asthma
c)Nerve regeneration and neuroprotection
d)No changes in serum concentrations of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and triglycerides, while reducing LDL levels.

Reference list for Ralox vs Tamox

References:
medicalpost.com/mpcontent...06_194320_5208
annieappleseedproject.org/ralverris.html
bca.ns.ca/indice/1999/7index.cgi/noframes/read/23719
scienceblog.com/community...200115509.html
cpsp.edu.pk/jcpsp/ARCHIEV...5/Article4.pdf
drugs.com/cons/Raloxifene.html
ecu.edu/physio/labakm/SERMs.htm
acponline.org/chapters/va/msfm/klein/transcript.html

Last edited:
So you're saying the female hormone panel I ordered which showed my estradiol to be in perfect range, could actually be wrong?? Nothing but a sensitive or ultrasensitive assay will give me the most accurate results? How much can these tests be off?

From what I've read it's that the sensitive or ultra sensitive assays are more accurate at the extremes. The normal assay is fine if you're right in the middle but once E2 goes too much in one direction or the other, the normal assay has a hard time picking it up due to sensitivity issues. I also found this quote which explains about a different aspect of the differences:

[/QUOTE]Unless your Doctor specifically requests a ***8216;Sensitive***8217; assay the lab will default to the standard Estradiol assay designed specifically for women, which is useless for men. The reason for the difference between the two assays is the bell curve from which the test was designed sits within the ***8220;normal***8221; range for women and not men.

Therefore, the hormone concentration range appropriate for adult men falls on the flat slope of that bell curve making it completely inaccurate for testing men***8217;s E2 serum levels. Always, ask for the ***8220;Sensitive***8221; assay when your Doctor is conducting a blood test and testing for Estradiol. [/QUOTE]

From those two pieces of information I would gather that if your results are in the middle somewhere the only thing that's off is where your results are in relation to the bell curve FOR MALES but the results themselves are relatively accurate. With the sensitive assay, the bell curve for males is tweaked for better ranges and if your E2 levels are closer to one extreme end or the other, the reading are much more accurate.

Interesting. Completely different vocabulary from the original post. As if 2 different people are replying. I'll reply one last time, shortly as I'e already beaten this topic to death in many previous threads (which are readily available for review).

Interesting. Completely different vocabulary from the original post. As if 2 different people are replying.
haha thanks, it's a mixed bag, I guess I haven't synthesized my words yet. Keep in mind I travel around about 4 different forums so it's sometimes difficult to match the words to someone's available level of understanding... the original post was written with the average "gym rat" in mind, because the intent is to provide a way and a means of understanding to the average man that decides to use these supplements without any prior understanding of them whatsoever. So my language may be a bit mixed, but I think for the purpose of understanding finding common ground shouldn't be an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back