Considering 'cycle' on top of continuous HRT, or need new protocol to tell my docs

WasHousebound

This is a rewrite. Every time I attempt to explain my situation it becomes a thesis. So nevermind me! In general, for older men such as myself, who take HRT for life, and doctors that might not allow an increase...

What would be a good cycle program, on top of 100mg/wk of prescribed testosterone cypionate and daily liquid anastrazole if needed? After the cycle, I'll just go back to 100mg/wk, as my own production is shut off so "Post Cycle Therapy" is a moot point, though I don't want to lose the muscles that I gain in the cycle.

My goal is just normal weight, but fairly ripped, and after the cycle maintain healthy core strength. If what I propose to my doctors seems sensible, they may prescribe it. Otherwise, I'm considering switching doctors, as my reasons for HRT are quite legit. Otherwise, I may have to get the extra boost from someone other than my doctors; and then go back to a normal prescription after the cycle.

What would be a good short term protocol?

Last edited:
So what is your e2 at? It all isn't about your tt levels there are alot of variables. Free test, bio available, e2 management and so on all these things come into play. Are you managing your e2?

Yeah, for the first year I had my estadiol tested (and all else) routinely, and still get tested periodically.

Last edited:
Your numbers look pretty good are you self injecting? Are you doing one injection of 100mg e7d or 50mg e3.5d?

I'm just trying to see if you have your protocol dialed in properly I mean I know you want to blast but you should work the dose you have to get the best consistant results before you add anything.

Yes, I self inject twice a week, and I've had it dialed in pretty well for a very long time; but not enough to be active. ...nevermind me:

What about a short term cycle on top of HRT?
(In my case, used for disease, my 'nads and other organs are shut down on purpose, so they aren't attacked by autoimmunity)

Last edited:
You've answered most of the basic questions.

I'm going to let a more seasoned vet take over from here brother. Not sure of what really to suggest in your particular situation.

I'll be checking this thread to see what they suggest.

Good luck

I really don't think your testosterone levels are a limiting factor. Your TT is at 655. Is that a trough level? If so, your peak is likely on the 900-1000 range by my estimation.

655 is already higher than the average Natty male out there. And that average Natty male is able to make great gains in the gym. While running a blast may make you feel a little better, I doubt it is going to magically solve all your issues.

I worry that if you run a blast and all of a sudden start going to the gym, that you will hurt yourself. AAS is pretty good at helping you feel stronger and promoting muscle growth. But your tendons and ligaments can't keep up with them. So if you don't have a good solid foundation in lifting heavy things, you are very likely to injure those connective tissues.

I am not opposed to you running a blast. I just think you need to 1) spend time in the gym beforehand to build a strong foundation first -- a solid year would be a good start and 2) manage your expectations about what AAS will do. It isn't going to magically put 50 pounds of muscle on you in a month. You need to have a great diet in place and put in a lot of hard work at the gym.

One last thought. If getting your TT up in the 1100 range instead of 655 helps you feel better why not just start there? This could be the catalyst to help get you back in the gym and training. And make sure your diet is in order. Get a diet coach to review what you are eating and how you are eating. If you can't make big gains in that first year doing this, you are doing something wrong. Instead of spending your money on gear and getting disappointing results (as you would likely just get fatter and injured), hire a diet coach like 3J. This may sound trite, but I promise you it will make a huge difference if you commit to it.

Finally, a question for you. What are your stats? Age? Height? Weight? Body fat %? This will help put things in perspective.

I'm considering adding a cycle short term in order to get some gains; not for appearances nor to do anything incredible, just so I can get back to taking care of myself, have a garden, fix stuff, and get up off the ground without passing out. My goals are incredibly low. I won't rip tendons, because I'll only do the weight per HIIRT, which is that weight for a given exercise that only barely feels a burn at 30 reps, then wait for pulse recovery and do the next set. I can do that for about 45 minutes; enough time to get through all the anaerobic machines in most gyms. That to me is a workout, and did this every day for a couple months for recovery before; it is also consistent with my previous conditioning style when I was young but hadn't even heard of HIIRT. That's all I intend to do this time, though this time maybe just a few times a week and nowhere near my limits.

(I responded to the moderator by private message)

Back