cool Article to motivate you for squats!

Quinc

EAT!
Can one read too much about squats, the king of all exercises? I don’t think so, yet so many still avoid them, or avoid doing them properly. Jim takes us back to his younger days at the ‘Y’ in the 60's and his progression in doing ‘knee bends’ as the squat was then known – from barely squatting a couple of inches, to squatting ‘butt to the floor’.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/jim_ganley/squats

Good post, great story. Man people were stupid in the past, I wonder what we will think of our own training methods in 40 years.

The home gymers should read this and think about making rakes out of pipes. might be less expensive? :D

There are several ways to squat: high bar, also known as Olympic squats, keeping the torso upright with the bar carried on the upper trapezius; Power squats, leaning forward with the bar resting on the posterior deltoids and scapula area

whats up with that? i use the manta ray they have at my gym. I know people on here might say it sucks, but any way i use it more towards the back of my traps. Should i be using it more on my shoulders.

Back