Could I keep my gains if I haven't reached my genetic limits given I have a PT?

blizzard9

Hello.

I know what this sounds like. Another newbie wanting those gainz fast. And you're probably right to an extent. However there are some exceptions and I have some questions :).

First of all, I'll be having a personal trainer who is very experienced and will be made aware of my use (though I doubt he'll agree much). I'm sure to do the exercises right during and off cycles.

Not trying to brag but saying I'm very disciplined is an understatement. I know the reason it's advised to wait a few years is to learn proper workout and nutrition but I want to kick-start my gains until I reach my genetic limits, and then maintain them without gear and I won't slack off.
The work-out is taken care of as I mentioned since I will always have a very experienced PT (money is no issue). Nutritun-wise I'm currently in a cooking school (final year). I can cook and eat 5000 calories if I wanted to with proper macros. And I'll make them taste good as well. Cooking is a passion of mine :yumyum:.

So, given that my exercise and nutritions stay on-point after I'm done. Is it worth it to kickstart my gains with steroids and will I keep the gains. I'll be totally honest with you. Only reason I want to do this is that I'm inpatient. time is a limited resource and I want to look as good when I'm 22 as if I would at 27 if I keep going natty; by then I won't have as much use for my body anyway. I don't want to become the next Arnold. I just want to get to my genetics limits and stay there for as long as I'm physically capable without using any drugs past the first kickstarting period.

I'm 21 Y/O by the way. Been training for only 4 months and a bit underweight still, have no medical issues whatsoever and my test is at around 400 F**K you too, genetics)

Last edited:
Welcome. how much do you weigh now, height, bf%.
and your current testosterone level is at 300??

I'm 62 KG and 181CM. I started at 57KG. But I started taking creatine when I first started so I suppose some of this is water weight and some of course is fat. So I doubt I gained much in those 4 months (I see some improvement) and believe me when I say I trained HARD and did everything "right" with the PT being at my side every session (4 sessions a week, only missed 2 sessions in the whole 4 months and it was him who canceled). I've been eating ~3000 cals a day. only messed up a few days.

Sorry I made a typo, I'm at 400 (435 to be exact) I'll fix it right now. It's still low especially that I'm supposed to be peaking; but still within the "normal level" But I'm gonna try to get a doctor to give me his blessing and monitor my use if he agrees that I need them. But I doubt it.

Almost all steroids are legal in my country so it's not a problem to obtain them. I have an idea where to start if I decide that the pros outweight the cons. I just need to determined just that.. is it worth it and is it possible?

I'm 63KG, 181CM (no idea about the body fat, but I'd assume ~15%). started at 57 but took creatine when I first started so I assume some of it is water weight..

Sorry, I made a typo in the original post, my test came at 400 (450sthn to be exact) I'll fix it right now. But it's still low considering I'm supposed to be peaking right now. I'm taking another test today since this one is a bit outdated (I'd cry if it was lower) and I'm gonna try to get a doctor's blessing for using steroids with his help. But I really doubt it since I'm technically in the normal levels. Even though most steroids are legal where I live without a prescription.

I'm making slow gains. Very slow but I'd be lying if I said I'm making none considering the amount of work I put in in the last 4 months. Only missed 2 sessions and it was the PT who canceled both times (today I'm taking measurements before my session and I'll update) . I ate at around 3000cals daily of very healthy home cooked food and only messed up a day or two. I realize it's only been 4 months but trust me I have realistic expectations and I'm not meeting them. If I keep going like this it will take me forever :noway:.

Training to your genetic limit is extremely difficult, very few people will ever pull it off. If you aren't making really good gains now, at your age, with diet and workout on point, then doing your plan (taking AAS to get up to your limit then stopping) will probably not work in the maintenance portion. I'd guess you would lose mass and come down to some equilibrium point well below genetic limit. Does that make sense? If your aren't living a genetic limit life right now, then you almost certainly wouldn't be afterwards either - especially trying to support a whole bunch of new muscle.

Then there's the whole issue of saying your want to dabble on the dark side, then go back to being a good jedi. That in itself would be quite difficult.

You should wait until you are older, making gains at your age depends on eating like a horse and lifting heavy weights in a well constructed programs, which I'm guessing your PT can help with.

Training to your genetic limit is extremely difficult, very few people will ever pull it off. If you aren't making really good gains now, at your age, with diet and workout on point, then doing your plan (taking AAS to get up to your limit then stopping) will probably not work in the maintenance portion. I'd guess you would lose mass and come down to some equilibrium point well below genetic limit. Does that make sense? If your aren't living a genetic limit life right now, then you almost certainly wouldn't be afterwards either - especially trying to support a whole bunch of new muscle.

Then there's the whole issue of saying your want to dabble on the dark side, then go back to being a good jedi. That in itself would be quite difficult.

You should wait until you are older, making gains at your age depends on eating like a horse and lifting heavy weights in a well constructed programs, which I'm guessing your PT can help with.

First OP welcome and we are glad you came here to ask. :wavey: WE here promote safe as possible use of AAS. By that being said I do not help too much as it is not what I preach. I preach safety first and it is unsafe for you, period. YOU do not want to play Russian roulette with your future sex life and overall health. We just got done helping a guy who is 18 years old.

This is serious shit man and many guys out there who have fucked up don't tell. Shit how embarrassing to come to the vets, the pro's so to speak, and have them tell you over and over but you and others think "hey I'm different because ...huh ? :dunno:

Along thre lines of doing one cycle or even a short kicker is not smart. You will shut down anyway. AND I MUST TELL you the TRUTH. In all my years ( check my profile) I have NOT seen a guy do just One (1) cycle. Maybe just two. Like getting with a whore and thinking , hell I don't need protection just this time...oops Russian roulette. Huh :insane:

As far as gains, anyone can hold their gains. Especially the LMM which is what you want to hold, hell anything else is but garbage and you will like us all loose some size. BUT through the dedication of hard training and the diet you can hold the LMM. The only way you lose it is if you go into a caloric deficit and then you will feed on the muscle tissue called muscle wasting. However without stimulation the muscles do stay in a state of atrophy.

NOW , IMPORTANT, you have no base structure to work with, YET with only 4 months. My God man you are tremendously underweight and with 4 months you are just beginning to feed your muscles. Look man , look at my Avi picture right there , well that was 6-7 years. Three days on 3 days off was my routine. consistent. 3,500 - 4,000 calories a day. When I traveled ( business) I hit a gym in every city every day almost. There were exceptions here and there. I was in my 30's it took 7 years to get up to 210-15 pounds while on cycle off season then diet down for a show like you see at 177 pounds weigh in.

Now with you when you dive in doing AAS when you only have 6-8-12 moths under your belt you risk injury. I tell you if you don't feel it for some years it WILL bite you later in your joints. YOU WILL be lifting MORE then your body is ready to handle. Tendonitis, bad shoulders , bad knees , maybe tear something. YOU ARE NOT READY and YOU are TOO YOUNG.

STOP thinking about it. Get it out of your head. You can reach 150lbs in a few months. It will not be all LMM but it will / should be good. Has your coach done any cycling ?

Many of us have been around. My leather weight belt is 38 years old. ........... OMM

I remember having a hard time curling a 20 lb barbell then 30 then 40 then the 50 and stuck ha lol.. You have not reached any type of natty potential it will take 3-4 years to reach any restraining potential if then.

Last edited:
Back