Creatine and the military...

NO...it won't be hot. It will be diluted or look like a flush. So it won't actually come up as hot(like if u eat poppy seed muffins it can come up hot as THC) So no not "hot", but dilute...which isn't good either, but beats hot. If u're just taking normal doses u'll be fine. I was just trying to explain to u the reasoning behind them not wanting u to use creatine. Don't even know if they know the amts u have to take to flush, they just hear creatine and say U CAN"T TAKE IT. Follow me??

joshbeam1 said:
NO...it won't be hot. It will be diluted or look like a flush. So it won't actually come up as hot(like if u eat poppy seed muffins it can come up hot as THC) So no not "hot", but dilute...which isn't good either, but beats hot. If u're just taking normal doses u'll be fine. I was just trying to explain to u the reasoning behind them not wanting u to use creatine. Don't even know if they know the amts u have to take to flush, they just hear creatine and say U CAN"T TAKE IT. Follow me??

Gotcha...thing is, this other recruiter I talked to was like, "I've never heard of that happening." Blah...Getting into the military is complicated...heh...You'd think with their situation they would have so many damn complications

YEah, tell me about it. I thought it would be easy as hell getting in the military(especially NOW w/iraq and all). I tried EVERY branch. The marines couldn't even get me in, just over some dumbass drug charge i got a few yrs. back. Even though i'm straight now, doesn't matter to them. Pisses me off, won't even let people who want to serve their country do that cuz of a stupid ass mistake they made yrs ago. Hear I thought military would be easy to get into...yeah right. Well, good luck to u anyways. I hope u get in if thats what u really want.

wannabe, why are you taking creatine??? i have seen your posts, if you're looking to drop wight and lose fat, creatine is not the way to go. stop taking it and i guarantee you will lose 5-8 lbs of water weight right off the bat. besides that, creatine dehydrates you, and you are going to need your body to be as efficient as it can be to keep you hydrated. and god knows you don't want extra pounds on you at the weigh-in! if i'm missing something, let me know, but i have no idea why you would want to take creatine?? :dunno:

SO the other recruiter never heard of that about creatine flushing u out?? Thats kinda surprizing. Its fact though. I've taken so many damn piss tests its unreal. I know my shit about that, if nothing else. :druggie: its in the past now though. :)

joshbeam1 said:
YEah, tell me about it. I thought it would be easy as hell getting in the military(especially NOW w/iraq and all). I tried EVERY branch. The marines couldn't even get me in, just over some dumbass drug charge i got a few yrs. back. Even though i'm straight now, doesn't matter to them. Pisses me off, won't even let people who want to serve their country do that cuz of a stupid ass mistake they made yrs ago. Hear I thought military would be easy to get into...yeah right. Well, good luck to u anyways. I hope u get in if thats what u really want.

It pisses a lot of people off...and it's really the only thing I want to do...two major goals in my life: serve in the military and run/complete a marathon...It's the next logical step...done with school now and all...

Thanks again for your help...

Not everyone adds lots of water weight w/creatine. I for 1 must not respond to it all that well or something cuz I never add water weight. On the other hand, I have friends that have gained 10lbs and the one gained 15lbs in about 1-2months on plain old creatine mono w/dextrose.

Yeah, no prob. I fully understand what u wanna to. I tried my busted my balls trying to get in the marines....was thinking...isn't there somthing wrong w/this picture??? Whats wrong w/our country?? Oh well, wish ya luck. If it doesn't work, go for your other goal, or set another new 1.

wannabejarhead said:
AF recruiter around here totally ruined any chances of me joining the AF...I'm not joining to get treated good (wouldn't that ruin the whole military experience anyway?)...
Well it depends what you want to do. If you want to sit in the desert for the next 4 years in full battle gear in 140 degree weather then the Marines is for you. If you want to make a career out of it then I would not go Marines or even Army. My base is adjacent to an Army an Army base and the Army base looks like crap, while we have a brand new $12.5 dollar gym. We still go to the desert and forward locations but not for the same length of time. I would either go Air Force or Coast Guard honestly. Most Marines I know talk about how great it is for the 4 years they are in and as soon as their enlistment is up they all say how terrible it was, and when I tell them the way things work in the Air Force they almost always say they wished they had done it differently. Just my .02 but read some other posts even on this board in different forums from marines. most of them will tell you not to do it unless you have no other choices in life. I don't see how one recruiter can ruin your chances but AF is the hardest to get into because its where everyone wants to be really.

02gixxersix said:
Well it depends what you want to do. If you want to sit in the desert for the next 4 years in full battle gear in 140 degree weather then the Marines is for you. If you want to make a career out of it then I would not go Marines or even Army. My base is adjacent to an Army an Army base and the Army base looks like crap, while we have a brand new $12.5 dollar gym. We still go to the desert and forward locations but not for the same length of time. I would either go Air Force or Coast Guard honestly. Most Marines I know talk about how great it is for the 4 years they are in and as soon as their enlistment is up they all say how terrible it was, and when I tell them the way things work in the Air Force they almost always say they wished they had done it differently. Just my .02 but read some other posts even on this board in different forums from marines. most of them will tell you not to do it unless you have no other choices in life. I don't see how one recruiter can ruin your chances but AF is the hardest to get into because its where everyone wants to be really.

Army and Marines actually have specific MOSs that I want to get into...I almost asked why it mattered that your base had a new gym, then I remembered what forum this was =)

I have a friend that was gonna go Army, but is now pursuing the AF...trying to get me to change my mind, too...but I guess the recruiter was a li'l more accomodating to him than he was to me...

joshbeam1 said:
SO the other recruiter never heard of that about creatine flushing u out?? Thats kinda surprizing. Its fact though. I've taken so many damn piss tests its unreal. I know my shit about that, if nothing else. :druggie: its in the past now though. :)

joshbeam, i'm not sure where your getting your info from, but i've pissed in a bottle once a month for the last 19 years, on top of that I was a recruiter for 3 years. No where have I read, heard, rumor that creatine flushes you out. If i'm not mistaken creatine helps you retain water in your muscles, totally contradicting your flushing theory. Like Minx said, wannabe probably needs to stop using creatine if she isn't making the weight standard.

strngthmnx said:
wannabe, why are you taking creatine??? i have seen your posts, if you're looking to drop wight and lose fat, creatine is not the way to go. stop taking it and i guarantee you will lose 5-8 lbs of water weight right off the bat. besides that, creatine dehydrates you, and you are going to need your body to be as efficient as it can be to keep you hydrated. and god knows you don't want extra pounds on you at the weigh-in! if i'm missing something, let me know, but i have no idea why you would want to take creatine?? :dunno:

Totally missed this post...Not taking creatine...thought about it because it was recommended to me...and I thought CEE was supposed to help with the water retention....I dunno...I'm not currently taking it and I don't plan on taking it now...Thanks for all your help y'all! =)

Yeah, it doesn't make sense when u try and think about it cuz creatine makes u retain water. Say i'm full of bs or whatever u want, its FACT. Have u ever heard of shit u can buy at say Discontent, Budget or places like that 2 flush your system??? If u have or want to check it out, look at the main ingredient. Its CREATINE and 500g of it w/dextrose. Like fucking syrup its so thick. And it works. Y else would they be so conserned that u're taking creatine??? If it doesn't do anything??? Im not bullshitting u and i'm not making this up. Its 1st hand knowledge of mine. Criminals know about it, probation officers know about, alot of people who are worried about not passing piss tests know about it(whether it be 4 a job or whatever), u'd think recruiters or people there involved w/piss tests would know about it.

02gixxersix said:
Well good luck in whatever you choose. No matter what branch we're all family.

Thanks...My dad is making me talk to a Navy recruiter tomorrow...Just to be sure...

Like I said in a pm, Good luck girl. Also I agree with minx, it seems like you shouldn't even bother with creatine for a little while, especially if you feel its gonna create problems for you. Why take the chance on ruining something you're working hard at. Again good luck with your decisions

my recruiter told a bunch of us he got money for every one he signed kind of like a bonus. Unless he was just bullshiting me. oh well. And he is right army is the way to go. be a 12 bravo combat engineer you get to play with c-4 and you dont die as much

wannabejarhead said:
Thanks...My dad is making me talk to a Navy recruiter tomorrow...Just to be sure...

Have some repect for yourself, lol (My dad, gramps, and great gramps were Navy). Marines are the way to go.

Rules said:
Have some repect for yourself, lol (My dad, gramps, and great gramps were Navy). Marines are the way to go.

I have absolutely no desire to join the Navy whatsoever...My dad was a Marine himself, but he keeps asking me, "Have you talked to a Navy recruiter?" So, to shut him up, I'm doing it...

you made a good choice about the Navy. I suggest going "IT" as your rating. Make rank fast, make money once you get out.

Speaking of popping on piss tests in the military! I blindly purchased some dianobol (not dianabol), equipoison (not equipoise), and dekka (not deca) basically the wannabe's of the real thing. I was wondering if these will make you pop. Can anyone give any insight? Sorry for the hijacking..

Back