creatine

Hammer

What is your favorite brand of creatine? I will be useing it with my next cycle. I've never used creatine while on gear so this will be a first

creatine monohydrate = creatine monohydrate. doesnt matter who makes it, buy the cheapest. Then go buy some cheap ass dextrose and r-ALA

Last edited:
just to let ya know, you can creatine monohydrate cheap at these places:

www.beyond-a-century.com -> 1,000grams for $20
www.kilosports.com -> 1,000grams for $20

if your paying more than that for it, then stop! if your paying less, let us know where your getting it.

also, i do realize there more forms than just monohydrate, but monohydrate is suffecient. i have tried the creatine-glycerol-phosphates and creatine-magnesium chelates that are more expensive and never felt any difference.

I use creatine when I'm off. I let the gear take care of the gains when on and creatine when I'm off.

To all the people who take creatine w/ your cycles. Do you guys cycle creatine or just take it for a year or so without stopping?

i take it without stopping? what would be the point of not taking it while on? you have to have creatine to contract all skeletal muscle (in the form of phosphocreatine) so why not take it all the time? its cheap...

I never did that much research on creatine :dunno: but I think I heard that staying on creatine for a long peroid of time is bad for you. It might be Muscle Tech Creatine that I'm thinking of. It has so much BS in there it can turn you diabetic, right??

Or is my head :insane:

I doubt the dextrose would turn you diabetic lol. It does have ALA in it anyways which techincally would decrease your chance of being one.

I see no reason of why long term creatine was bad. Its found naturally in meats. I guess theres the kidney thing about super high levels of creatine or protien stress the kids too much..but come on...how much are you taking? 300 grams?

Basically this is my formula for a creatine recipie.

20G creatine
300mg rALA or 1000mg ALA
40G malodextrose (plenty)

If post workout, raise the malo to 80 and add in 50g protien.

BTW...its CreatinePhosphate (CP) not vice versa :p

The pathways of engergy in a muscle are...ATP>CP>Glycolysis>Oxidation

From that logic, I wouldnt recomend Creatine when dieting, but alot do anyways. I think it is good to take on or off, but only PW. I dont take it currently, but I may get soem more...ran out. I usually went with about 20g in my PW shake only.

I don't particularly like Creatine...I had a bad experience with it and I haven't gone back....I guess I should...now that I know what to do......back in the day I was just young and stupid and while on Creatine I must not have drank enough water because I passed out in my hallway for about 10 minutes....scary huh? Oh well, I'll give it another go sometime soon....probably after my cutting cycle

Billy: he was saying he read something about excessive use CellTech causing you to become diabetic, and asked if it was creatine that did that. The two are not linked, however high levels of blood sugar are, thats why i threw it in there.

About creatinephoshpates, thats actually how i learned it in my anatomy & physiology course, but in my book it said it was synonymous with phosphocreatine, and phosphocreatine looks coller in my eyes, thats why i used it.

also, i thought the cp gave its phosphate to the ADP molecule attatched to the myosin? When it does this, it becomes ATP, thus allowing it to "power stroke" moving the tropomysin away from the Z-lines,inward, and when all of that happens like thousounds of friggin times throughout the muscle fiber, you have a muscle contraction.

Last edited:
As long as its "German quality" then I'd buy it, but I still dont know that I get shit from it.

jyzza said:
To all the people who take creatine w/ your cycles. Do you guys cycle creatine or just take it for a year or so without stopping?

There is no need, and no reason to cycle it. You can do it year round.

grafix-gnc said:
just to let ya know, you can creatine monohydrate cheap at these places:

www.beyond-a-century.com -> 1,000grams for $20
www.kilosports.com -> 1,000grams for $20

if your paying more than that for it, then stop! if your paying less, let us know where your getting it.

What about Anabolical creatine? Just a little cheaper $9.50/500g.

How much do you take during a cycle, just 5-10g? I'm looking to add it to my next Var/Prop cycle.

i take around 20-30 grams a day, probably around 10 grames pre-workout (not necassarily directly before i workout, just aytime before i workout that day) and 15-20 grams post workout, with my protein and carbs.

Ya I was just bustin your balls bro :)

My bio chem book briefly goes over it. The engery productd is from breaking the phosphate bond on the creatine. Just like ATP>ADP kinda energy.

Back