Critique my workout. All input is welcome

meyers462

I'm doing upper lower split.

Monday/Thursday (upper):
Flat bench 3x8
Tbar row 3x8
Shoulder press 3x8 (Incline DB bench on Thursday 2x10-12)
Chin ups 2-3x 10-12 (Lat pulldown on Thursday 3x10-12)
CGBP 2x12-15
BB curls 2x12-15
Core work

Tuesday/Friday (lower):
Squat 3x8
SLDL 3x8 (deadlift on Friday 1x8)
Leg press 2x10-12
Leg curl: 2x10-12
Calf raise 3x8
Seated calf raise 2x10-12

I want to hit same muscle group 2 times a week. And if I start to feel or see an imbalance I will adjust exercises.

REMINDER: I WORK A VERY PHYSCIAL LABOR JOB 10 HRS A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK. PICKING UP 70 LBS VERY FREUQENTLY AND WALK AN EASY 5-7 MILES A DAY.

It's hard to critique your split, when you haven't mentioned your goals.

Do you want to add muscle - or gain strength?

Two totally different goals - which require two totally different plans of attack.

I think it looks pretty good if the goal is muscle growth.

Hitting everything 2x week is my favourite approach, the upper/lower split is a tried & tested method, you've got a nice mix of rep ranges in there also - pretty solid man :)

I'd personally sacrifice the CGBP for a tricep isolation move - pushdowns, lying extensions, etc because you have a lot of front delt action going on as it is with bench & shoulder press.

The 1x8 DL seems like a waste of time to me if the goal is hypertrophy. I'd stick to SLDL/RDL'S with the usual rep ranges - especially if your job involves picking up heavy stuff anyway.

It's hard to critique your split, when you haven't mentioned your goals.

Do you want to add muscle - or gain strength?

Two totally different goals - which require two totally different plans of attack.
Goal is to be a body builder and have muscle growth
I think it looks pretty good if the goal is muscle growth.

Hitting everything 2x week is my favourite approach, the upper/lower split is a tried & tested method, you've got a nice mix of rep ranges in there also - pretty solid man :)

I'd personally sacrifice the CGBP for a tricep isolation move - pushdowns, lying extensions, etc because you have a lot of front delt action going on as it is with bench & shoulder press.

The 1x8 DL seems like a waste of time to me if the goal is hypertrophy. I'd stick to SLDL/RDL'S with the usual rep ranges - especially if your job involves picking up heavy stuff anyway.

Thanks bro and on the day I do shoulder press I took out CGBP and replaced with face pulls cause rear delta need work. And I thought deadlift was one of the king exercises to put on mass? Or should I add another set of deadlift

It looks good, you should drop the leg press and do front squats instead imo.

No way, stay with the leg press and then maybe rotate in front sqt when you want to. Just my opinion.

I do a pull,legs push routine and was looking for a change up.... I may copy you, esp since Zilla said it looks good

I think you are doing well as a muscle growth keep it up and you will be one among the celebrities lol..

Back