Deadlifts?

Do you do deads?

• Yes

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Yah...I hit deads at least every 2 weeks:cool: Luv em. Have only seen one chicka besides me do 'em.

Wondering if you gurls belt fer these to prevent thickening of yer waist???:confused: ...I dont...well, only fer heavy set...but a friend of mine does fer almost EVERY set.

IRONprincess said:
Yah...I hit deads at least every 2 weeks:cool: Luv em. Have only seen one chicka besides me do 'em.

Wondering if you gurls belt fer these to prevent thickening of yer waist???:confused: ...I dont...well, only fer heavy set...but a friend of mine does fer almost EVERY set.

Honestly, I don't use a belt unless I'm trying to break my lift record.
You know it's amazing how many people wear belts ALL the time. No wonder their abs are so weak!

Fyre said:
Honestly, I don't use a belt unless I'm trying to break my lift record.
You know it's amazing how many people wear belts ALL the time. No wonder their abs are so weak!
I'm guilty of this for deads. I only really tighten down when I'm trying to lift new weight I'm not accustomed to yet.

Oh yeah, I do SLDLs every day, high reps/low weight, this keeps my hams/glutes tight. They really help bring the hams into the glutes for a nice shape.
I definitely think every woman should do them. I know in our gym, there aren't hardly any chicks that do these. I think most of them are too afraid to stick their ass up in plain view! ;) Get over it girls! If you want a nice rump, you gotta do something about it!

I love deads of all kinds- I love the burn and tightness they give me- they just make me feel like a badass!!! lol
hey jen, brenny!!

An old schooler showed me a version of deadlifts that really kicks the hell out of the hamstrings and ass a few years back(I suffer from lackofanassitis so I have to work hard for some buns)

do full deadlifts while standing on a box, its not an unknown exercise but its one that gets forgotten, very similar to doing deadlifts with dumbells which are tough too

Got my brother to try deads for the first time last night, problem is he is 6'2 so i eventually just made him do rack pulls. I will gradually get him to lower the rack as he gets more used to keeping his back more upright.

someone mentioned the girls being wary of doing the deads because of well horny eyes watching. i pointing out to my brothers gf that if she has no problem using the abductor/adductor machine then she should have no problem bending over. I told here she was just giving them another angle to look at.

Really si true if you think about it. And i can guarantee if any of you ladies said something along the lines of "take a picture it will last longer" you will have one less dude checking the goods.

Embarassment works well on us guys.

Anyways if you get a chance try them off the box and keep as upright as possible,it really does kick ass(pun intended)

rubberduckyo said:
Just curious. I never see any of the other ladies at my gym doing them. How many of our ladies here are?
I luv deads.. But I feel you on that, In the gym I started going to I don't see much of anything..this new gym I go to is not used to a Female's lifting ...
I miss my hard core gym, :) God bless Ladies....
the new girl on the board..... pOweR ~ Rican aka Die$el~Girl...

Back