Decided to go for it. Starting TRT next week.

MeanGreen

Well, I ordered my first round of TRT gear.

200mg test c, pinning 100mg twice a week, HCG, Anastrozole, needles, syringes.

(Wellness doc said pinning once a week is fine and when I described the advantages
of pinning twice, he said that it really doesn't make that much of a difference.)

Should see my delivery next week. A little nervous and excited at the same time. :uzi: :frogjump:

Background:
I am a 45 year old male, 6'1", 206 lbs and 17% bodyfat. I train 5 days/week with a heavy split routine. I eat clean with 6 meals/day at maintenance calories. I've never taken any aas before. This past year, I have been experiencing the following symptoms: moodiness/irritability, poor sleep, overall achiness, relatively low energy and ED (staying hard). TT=360 ng/dL although it has fluctuated significantly higher even though panels taken in same month at same time in morning.

Last edited:
Well, I ordered my first round of TRT gear.

200mg test c pinned twice a week, HCG, Anastrozole, needles, syringes.

(Wellness doc said pinning once a week is fine and when I described the advantages
of pinning twice, he said that it really doesn't make that much of a difference.)

Should see my delivery next week. A little nervous and excited at the same time. :uzi: :frogjump:

Background:
I am a 45 year old male, 6'1", 206 lbs and 17% bodyfat. I train 5 days/week with a heavy split routine. I eat clean with 6 meals/day at maintenance calories. I've never taken any aas before. This past year, I have been experiencing the following symptoms: moodiness/irritability, poor sleep, overall achiness, relatively low energy and ED (staying hard). TT=360 ng/dL although it has fluctuated significantly higher even though panels taken in same month at same time in morning.

Nice! GOOD LUCK!

-Jim

Last edited:
enjoy the ride brother... dont get frustrated with getting dialed in.. it can take a little time

That's a high dose to start. My TT was 70. I am on 120mg a week or 60mg every 3.5 days. My trough is 850. Everyone is different but your test could get pretty far supraphysiological.

That's a high dose to start. My TT was 70. I am on 120mg a week or 60mg every 3.5 days. My trough is 850. Everyone is different but your test could get pretty far supraphysiological.

Geez! Sounds like I can expect to be at 1200-1300, after a few weeks.

My natural TT is 153 and I am on 150mg a week of test-cyp. That puts me in the mid 500s. If I add 500IU of HCG a week, I go up to the lower 700s.

The key is to do your 200mg a week for 2 months or so, then get blood work done to see where you sit and dial it in from there.

Last edited:
The key is to do your 200mg a week for 2 months or so, then get blood work done to see where you sit and dial it in from there.
That's exactly my plan.

Just pinned myself for the first time today. 1/2 ml (100mg) with 23ga in quad & popped a tiny 1mg anastrozole pill. No big deal.

That's exactly my plan.

Just pinned myself for the first time today. 1/2 ml (100mg) with 23ga in quad & popped a tiny 1mg anastrozole pill. No big deal.

1mg is a LOT of adex for TRT man. You will almost certainly need to lower that or you'll crash e2. You should start with 0.25mg twice a week (with injections) and wait two months. Then see if you need to lower/increase it. Definitely don't start off with a nuke haha.

1mg is a LOT of adex for TRT man. You will almost certainly need to lower that or you'll crash e2. You should start with 0.25mg twice a week (with injections) and wait two months. Then see if you need to lower/increase it. Definitely don't start off with a nuke haha.

Agree! do NOT take 1mg of adex a week. Very bad things will happen. Take Adex 2x a week at .25 - this is my current regimen. Plus, you have to remember your system will not be saturated until about week 5. Meaning the test and corresponding estrogen will not jump overnight, but gradually increase over 4-6 weeks. It also heavily depends on you body fat %. The lower your body fat, the lower your estrogen will be.

I didn't starting taking adex until my 2nd month on TRT....

The world is going to turn for you. I can't understand why every guy over 40 is not on trt. Im 55 and I can't imagine what life would be like without trt. I'd probably still be with my miserable ex wife hoping she didn't want sex, but instead I divorced her miserable ass and have a beautiful girl friend 20 years younger than myself. Not much to consider imo.

Paul

Agree! do NOT take 1mg of adex a week. Very bad things will happen. Take Adex 2x a week at .25 - this is my current regimen... I didn't starting taking adex until my 2nd month on TRT....

Holy crap. The 1 mg anastrozole pills are very small to begin with. Cutting them in quarters will be nearly impossible!

Ok so, second injection is tonight. Going to skip the pill this time. And then figure out how to cut them....

The world is going to turn for you. I can't understand why every guy over 40 is not on trt. Im 55 and I can't imagine what life would be like without trt. I'd probably still be with my miserable ex wife hoping she didn't want sex, but instead I divorced her miserable ass and have a beautiful girl friend 20 years younger than myself. Not much to consider imo.

Paul

God, I hope you're right, Paul. I know I need to be patient to see the effects but I'm waiting with anticipation.
Might need to follow in your footsteps with the divorce thing too.

Holy crap. The 1 mg anastrozole pills are very small to begin with. Cutting them in quarters will be nearly impossible!

Ok so, second injection is tonight. Going to skip the pill this time. And then figure out how to cut them....

Just get a pill cutter at the pharmacy! Using a pill cutter I can get them to 1/8ths. When I was doing it even lower, I would use an exacto and could take them to 1/16ths.

Just get a pill cutter at the pharmacy! Using a pill cutter I can get them to 1/8ths. When I was doing it even lower, I would use an exacto and could take them to 1/16ths.

I know you don't want to hear it, but you are going at the start pretty aggressively. 200mg of test a week, and what looks 2mg of ADEX a week? You will never dial it in like that. Plus, you are about to crash your estrogen and feel worse then when you started. Id start with more moderate doses of both to be honest. 100mg test a week, split over two shots, and 1/4 adex or less day of or after each shot. I'd still crash estrogen with 1/4 twice a week.

If you do stick with 100mg twice a week... cool... but still lower the adex. 1/4 to 1/2 max until you get tested again.

-Jim

I just contacted my doc about the anastrozole. Asked him to confirm dosage. Thought he might have thought I was doing 1 shot per week not two...

He said he wants me to "take the 1mg anastrozole twice a week even with me doing 1/2 of the T twice a week. The half life on those pills is only about 3 days. "

UGH!

Last edited:
I just contacted my doc about the anastrozole. Asked him to confirm dosage. Thought he might have thought I was doing 1 shot per week not two...

He said he wants me to "take the 1mg anastrozole twice a week even with me doing 1/2 of the T twice a week. The half life on those pills is only about 3 days. "

UGH!

You would be hard pressed to find many guys here taking 1mg a week, much less two.

Everyone is different of course, but if I do 50mg of test twice a week, and a 1/4th adex the day of or after those those shots, I end up around 800TT and 12-15 on the sensitive estrogen scale. Piss poor mood, joints ache, tired, bonerless, etc. Yes, you are taking double the T, but that AI dose is still mega high without having labs to back it up.

You expierences will vary, but I'd be willing to guess you crash within a week or two. If you want to be able to tell him "I TOLD YOU SO"... stick with 2mg a week ;). I could be 100% wrong... but just reading around and looking back over my own labs, I predict a crash.

I started TRT about 1.5 years ago. I was started at 140mg T a week. I had been on a long term SERM before that which required a ton of AI to keep estrogen down, so we just stopped the SERM, I started injections, and kept my AI dose the same at 1/4 pill five days a week (1.25mg a week). In two weeks, my TT tested 1200 and my estrogen was <3. It took about 3 weeks of no AI for it to climb back to 20-30. Even with a half life of "only about 3 days"... it took weeks... and those weeks were worse than pre-TRT.

Last edited:
Ok, so since I took 1 whole 1mg pill 3.5 days ago with my first shot, should I skip the ai completely today with my second injection? Then start with .25mg at the next injection?

Back