Delts from HELL

HardBody

I have a pretty good routine from panterach, But i was lookingat making my ownDelt work out because these muscles I lack incredible do to a minor injury. If anyone would take a minute or too and type out their delt work out, that'd be great. I would liek to peice together some lifts. Appreciate it guys, any message counts.

When I am 'on' it goes like this:

BB Military Press (behind the neck) 5x5
Bent over side laterals 3 sets of 10
Db Military Press 2 sets of 12
Wide Grip upright rows 3 sets of 10

When I am off it goes like this
Db military press 3 sets of 10
Bent over side laterals 3 sets of 10
Upright rows 3 sets of 10
One arm side laterals 3 sets of 10

Oh man, bent over side laterals...never hear dof that, sounds like a hell of an exercise, is that bent over reverse flys basically? Thanks bro, I like the off one too...

I think delts make the body, but I have none, I'm so jealous of people with big, thick, cut, delts, it's beautiful, a work of art.

HardBody said:
Oh man, bent over side laterals...never heard of that, sounds like a hell of an exercise, is that bent over reverse flys basically?

You are correct,

My w/o consists of

BB or db Mil press (Alt)

cable front lat pulls

side lats

arnold presses

I alternate the arnold presses with upright rows about every other workout.

LongBall

I really dont get why people tend to overtrain their chest and undertrain their delts. shoulders get a day all to their selves, as do tricpes.

Here is my routine
Side laterals
Military preses
Rear machine flyes
Heavy seated dumbell or BB power shrugs

Delts are my best part, pics are in the member pic forum if you care to check em out.

My routine looks like this, keep in mind its very heavy.

Dumbbell Military -(warmup),10,8,8,6

Side raises - 15,15,12,12

Front Raises - 10,10,10(SLOW, SQUEEZE)

Rear Laterals - 10,10,10(SLOW, SQUEEZE)

Shrugs/Upright Rows(Alternate EOW) - HEAVY... 12,10,8 SQUEEZE

Good luck, Your shoulders should be shot after your fourth set of military.

Also, I personally wouldn't recommend Arnolds. I think you are asking for rotator cuff problems. Just my opinion.

I don't typically do arnolds with high weight, I incorperated them into my workouts about 1 1/2 years ago and have been pleased, but as Lonewolf stated I have read a few posts about guys developing cuff problems, my belief is they tried to go too heavy too quick.

LongBall

thanks guys, ill check out the delt pic iin the forum, I don't want any problems with cuffs, so I'll chill on them till i look into it!

LongBall said:
I don't typically do arnolds with high weight, I incorperated them into my workouts about 1 1/2 years ago and have been pleased, but as Lonewolf stated I have read a few posts about guys developing cuff problems, my belief is they tried to go too heavy too quick.

LongBall

Just so you know I wasn't knocking your routine at all. I think Arnolds work pretty good, however I think the risk outweighs the benefit. I think you are right about how people try and go too heavy on them. I was definitely one of those people, I'm only happy going heavy on movements like that. So i try to avoid them:D

I usually do this workout (please realize i'm trying to make serious progress on my side delts.)

Smith Machine Military Press --- 4 sets x 8 - 4 reps
Standing Side Laterals --- 3 sets x 10 - 6 reps
Seated Side Laterals --- 3 sets x 12 - 8 reps
Front Barbell Raises --- 3 sets x 10 reps
Wide Grip upright rows --- 3 sets x 12 - 8 reps

Back