Detour Bars

x2buff4ux

hey i was jsut over at gotfina and a guy put up a pos tabout them about that they did not meat their claims meaning alot more sugar and less protein than originaly thought, anyone know if this is true? Or heard anything about this, i hate to help spread a rumor but i love those things and hav ebeen using them preworkout so let me know thanx.

detour bars are the shit and made by a very reputable company, Next Proteins. If they do not meet their label claims, i will be very shocked... and pissed

heres a lab analysis of the DETOUR bar, they meet theuir label claims

Total Fat
g/Bar

Protein
g/Bar

Sugar 14
g/Bar

Dry Weight
g/Bar

Ash
g/Bar

Carbohydrates
g/Bar

Calories
Calories/Bar

Hey Grafix.. where did you get that report because last i heard the FDA recalled the Detour bar as it did NOT meet their claims.. and there was somthing like 19g of protein only and 19 something sugars...

nowhere on the lab report does it say the brand, so i am curious now...

Here is info from Miggy over at www.cuttingedgemuscle.com:

Detour Bar Lab Results
As promised, I have the lab results from 1 of 4(?) companies that are testing for Detour bar label claims..
This report is from Shuster labs Shuster labs This analysis was paid for by Nature's Best Inc, a major supplement company in Hauppauge, NY..They make Solid Protein bars, one of many products..It is lab report # 02-6397- project #74680..The Detour bar tested was from lot#121103- Date Dec 17, 2002...

Here they are:

Lab results:

protein- 19.5g

fat- 13.2g

carbs- 34.2g

sugar- 19.4g

Detour Bar:

protein- 32g

fat- 9g

carbs- 21g

sugar- 6g

I was given this report from a NB rep..I will fax it to anybody who wants it. (pm me) He also mentioned MET-RX has their results and are very similar..He was hush-hush on how they were gonna handle the situation..

so Grafix.. what are your thoughts now???

sometimes the good old saying holds true... "if it is too good to be true, it usually is"

which it sucks because i loved them too!!!

Last edited:
i dont know, i havent heard anything about them being recalled and the rep for the company hasnt mentioned anything, as i ordered 12 cases. please fax me the report, i will pm you the number. this might suck, but ill still eat em

grafix-gnc said:
i dont know, i havent heard anything about them being recalled and the rep for the company hasnt mentioned anything, as i ordered 12 cases. please fax me the report, i will pm you the number. this might suck, but ill still eat em

you have to contact Miggy.. he is the one with the report.. but i have read this on a few boards now that they are recalled.. i will check the website www.fda.org i think it is to see if there is anything posted there... but from what a couple stores said too.. they had to pull them from the shelves and send them back.. so unfortunetly it seems to be true...:rolleyes:

I was highly pissed when I heard this about the detour bars as well! However, after talking to a rep from next proteins, I do believe that the test was skewed, if there was a test. For one, there is no lab report, and it was also done my natures best who, btw, had the best selling protein bars before the detour bar came out on the market.
However, 1fast400.com has an actual lab report of the detour bar and everything came out good. I think I'm going to continue to eat them as I do not believe all of this..........

right, i posted the 1fast400 lab report above, but like sg said, it doesnt say DETOUR bars on there. anyways, the rep for next hasnt mentioned anything to me about it and i havent heard anything about a recall from our distributers

i guess we are gonna have to wait and see... i am sure it will be out public very soon...

as for me.. i am gonna stick with my shakes.. even though they do not taste as great

MORE LAB RESULTS POSTED BY MACRO OVER ON ELITEFITNESS...

macrophage69alpha
Elite Moderator

test #1
This report is from Shuster labs Shuster labs This analysis was paid for by Nature's Best Inc, a major supplement company in Hauppauge, NY..They make Solid Protein bars, one of many products..It is lab report # 02-6397- project #74680..The Detour bar tested was from lot#121103- Date Dec 17, 2002...

Here they are:

Lab results:

protein- 19.5g

fat- 13.2g

carbs- 34.2g

sugar- 19.4g

test #2- by online retailer that sells detour bars

Parameter
Result
Unit

Total Fat
g/Bar
Protein
g/Bar

Sugar 14
g/Bar

Dry Weight
g/Bar

Ash
g/Bar

Carbohydrates
g/Bar

Calories
Calories/Bar

DETOUR BAR LABEL CLAIM

protein- 32g

fat- 9g

carbs- 21g

sugar- 6g

1fast400.com had them tested close to lable claims. I saw designer was coming out with a new bar, along the lines of detour, i think it was some sort of caramel bar, like everyone said, time will tell on the consitency. Although 19g of protein in a detour bar, is much better than a regular snickers. Not a bad snack if bulking.

The only way I would even think about having those bars again is if i was bulking, aside from the high price tag, they taste too damn good, I thought I could treat myself with them but I ended up losing it one night and ate my last 6 bars of the box, and prolly would have eaten more if I had them....not good when trying to cut.

I read that the lab report came back that it didnt meet what next said it did. But damn they are so freakin' good. I still bought a box after i read that.

Back