Diazide Or Lasix For Cutting Water?

powerscript

Juice Doc
I would like some feedback from anyone that has used Lasix or Diazide for cutting water. I have an expressed interest in Diazide. I am personaly more comfortable with lasix because I have more experience with it but I would like to hear your opinion and experience. Thanks for the input!

PS

The major benefit of Dyazide over Lasix is this: Lasix wastes potassium, Dyazide is a combo of a pot wasting and a pot sparing diuretic. Less likelihood of hypokalemia, or potassium deficiency.

This really depends on your pupose. If you are using diuretics for last minute pre-show final preparations, lasix is the way to go.....fast and potent. In fact, IV lasix is the preferred method of top competitors.

Info

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have used Lasix in the past and prescribed it for some patients with high blood pressure and water retention. I have a patient that is insisting on Diazide, however I do not have much experience with it. I have read about and heard several horor stories with its use. Diazide seems to be a more efiicient drug for cutting water however if you consume much pottasium, your levels of pottasium can become toxic. I have also hear of patients dehydrating with as litle as one dose. Your information is much appreciated and valuable! The more feedback I can get the better. Thanks again guys!

PS

Re: Info

powerscript said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have used Lasix in the past and prescribed it for some patients with high blood pressure and water retention. I have a patient that is insisting on Diazide, however I do not have much experience with it. I have read about and heard several horor stories with its use. Diazide seems to be a more efiicient drug for cutting water however if you consume much pottasium, your levels of pottasium can become toxic. I have also hear of patients dehydrating with as litle as one dose. Your information is much appreciated and valuable! The more feedback I can get the better. Thanks again guys!

PS

Lasix is a more powerful diuretic, no question. The thing with potassium cuts both ways with Dyazide, only one way with Lasix.

Right. Odd as it sounds, intravenous lasix may be the safest and easiest way to go. A bodybuilder can start with small doses the night before his event and reach the desired dryness quicky without several days of crapshooting with orals. No guessing at doses and coming in flat or cramped up.

Back