Diet and TRT: what do you do?

synonymous

I'm wondering what diets people are on that might support their TRT. I've had a rough week and I think it was almost all diet related. During my workouts I consume 50 grams of liquid carbs (about halfway through.) Most of my carbs in whole food are after the gym. I need about 25 grams of carbs in the morning (brown rice usually) to get started. 50 grams whey protein for first phase insulin response (good for prediabetics).

This week I nixed the liquid carbs and my postworkout meals were protein/fats mostly. It seems that a few days of this and I feel like crap. I had a high carb meal today for lunch and seem to feel better. I also wasn't able to recover from my workouts as fast. I'm still sore in places I exercised 5 days ago.

I'm not sure there are foods to eat or to avoid while on TRT. Would love to know what everyone does though.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with TRT but my guess is you had the typical reaction that most folks have when dropping carbs. It can take 2-3 weeks to transition from a higher carb diet to a low carb diet before you won't have the typical lethargy and mood troubles. After 2-3 weeks your body should become adapted to better use fat for energy and you won't have the ups and downs of glucose spikes.

What do your macros look like when you are eating carbs vs when you limited them?

I'm not sure it has anything to do with TRT but my guess is you had the typical reaction that most folks have when dropping carbs. It can take 2-3 weeks to transition from a higher carb diet to a low carb diet before you won't have the typical lethargy and mood troubles. After 2-3 weeks your body should become adapted to better use fat for energy and you won't have the ups and downs of glucose spikes.

What do your macros look like when you are eating carbs vs when you limited them?

Gym days:
fat: 115
Carbs: 300
Protein: 300
Calories: 3500

Off days:
Fat: 150
Carbs: 180
Protein: 350
Calories: 3500

These are my targets.

Back