Diet critique, seditary most of the day...

MS1605

ChiCompton
Time to get back at it, Check this out and tell me what you guys think. I Know it needs work.

Stats.

23 Y.O.
5'11''
228LBS
22%BF

LBM 173
BMI 31.5
BMR 1891.95
TDEE 2932.52

Goal: Cut to around 185-190 LBs

The big Problem for me is I have an office job throughout the day. Im on my ass almost non stop from 8am till ATLEAST 4:30pm a lot of the week you can find me at work till 5:30 or later. Keep this in mind...

Basically I don't have much diversity in my food for monetary reasons. I'm basically just trying to stay around 2200 Cals and rotate my carbs depending on what Im doing that day. Also keep in mind that my only cardio comes from the 2 MMA days a week. I know it seems like a lame excuse but I find I have 2 options durring the week because im pressed for time so much. Either I do Cardio and weight training on the same day. My cardio is awsome but I have to rush through my Weight training. Or I just do weight training and have a kick ass weight day. Im opt for the latter because it makes me feel better.

Here is a sample.

Lifting/MMA day

Meal 1
4 eggs

80% lean ground beef

Sprinkle of fat free mozzarella

1-2 pieces of ezekial bread

Meal 2
Chicken breast

cup of veggies. Brussel sprouts/carrots/spinach/cucumber/broccoli are all the norm.

Meal 3 Pre WO

1-2 Potatoes, cut up and fried in coconut oil with some no/low sodium seasoning.

Lean meat. Usually chicken breast or leg quarters.

PWO Sugary shake. changes often. As long as I get a 3:1 ratio of carbs to protein I dont sweat it.

Meal 4 usually around bed time.
4% cottage cheese
lean protein, usually egg whites.

Non lifting days

Meal 1
4 eggs

80% lean ground beef

1 pieces of ezekial bread

Meal 2
Chicken breast or 80%lean ground beef

cup of veggies. Brussel sprouts/carrots/spinach/cucumber/broccoli are all the norm.

Meal 3
Cup of veggies

meat, Usually chicken breast, leg quarters, pork chops or 80% lean ground beef patty.

4% cottage cheese

I Do MMA 2 times a week and lift no less then 2 times a week on a real busy week. normally 3-4 days of lifting. But the days I lift 4 times a week will be do to a shortened lifting session prior in the week.

For instance, Last week I had to work late. by the time I got home, played with the kid a bit, ate some dinner ect, I got about 35-40 Minutes to do some biceps and that was a rap for the day. So I threw in a 4th session to do back last week.

Pick this apart ology, as I know it sucks...

do me a fav.. use fitday.com and give me macros for your every meal...

im a bit confused... how long have you beeen doing mma? how about your lifts? what split do you use??

do me a fav.. use fitday.com and give me macros for your every meal...

im a bit confused... how long have you beeen doing mma? how about your lifts? what split do you use??

The 2 examples I gave are from last week. I actually have them logged in fit day. Will the macros from the 2 examples I gave work?

ok, if you logged them its a bit diff.. how long have you been on this diet?? how long have you been doing mma? how much weight have you lost?

do you have refeed days??

ok, if you logged them its a bit diff.. how long have you been on this diet?? how long have you been doing mma? how much weight have you lost?

do you have refeed days??

On this diet 2 weeks and feeling amazing. No urge to want to cheat. Im a very head strong person, I think... I have been doing MMA for 3 years now. I like to weigh myself once a month. Since I have only been on 2 weeks im not sure.

and if you have them logged.. whats your split?? pro/fat/carb?

40/35/25 on non lift/MMA days
40/25/35 on Lift/MMA days.

Also, no plans for refeed days as of yet.

Time to get back at it, Check this out and tell me what you guys think. I Know it needs work.

Stats.

23 Y.O.
5'11''
228LBS
22%BF

LBM 173
BMI 31.5
BMR 1891.95
TDEE 2932.52

Goal: Cut to around 185-190 LBs

The big Problem for me is I have an office job throughout the day. Im on my ass almost non stop from 8am till ATLEAST 4:30pm a lot of the week you can find me at work till 5:30 or later. Keep this in mind...

Basically I don't have much diversity in my food for monetary reasons. I'm basically just trying to stay around 2200 Cals and rotate my carbs depending on what Im doing that day. Also keep in mind that my only cardio comes from the 2 MMA days a week. I know it seems like a lame excuse but I find I have 2 options durring the week because im pressed for time so much. Either I do Cardio and weight training on the same day. My cardio is awsome but I have to rush through my Weight training. Or I just do weight training and have a kick ass weight day. Im opt for the latter because it makes me feel better.

Here is a sample.

Lifting/MMA day

Meal 1
4 eggs

80% lean ground beef
this is crap.. eat a good lean meat, i dont see how u can eat something that fatty.. 93% lean beef.. roast beef.. or london broil if your gonna do beef in the morning.. actually come to think of it, why beef in the am???

1-2 pieces of ezekial bread
this is the only bread im ok with
Meal 2
Chicken breast

Meal 3 Pre WO

1-2 Potatoes, cut up and fried in coconut oil with some no/low sodium seasoning.
wut kinda potatoes??
Lean meat. Usually chicken breast or leg quarters.
leg quarters arn't lean
PWO Sugary shake. changes often. As long as I get a 3:1 ratio of carbs to protein I dont sweat it.
forget sugary.. do your shake with a white bagel
4% cottage cheese

Non lifting days

Meal 1
4 eggs

80% lean ground beef

1 pieces of ezekial bread

Meal 2
Chicken breast or 80%lean ground beef

Meal 3
Cup of veggies

meat, Usually chicken breast, leg quarters, pork chops or 80% lean ground beef patty.

4% cottage cheese

I Do MMA 2 times a week and lift no less then 2 times a week on a real busy week. normally 3-4 days of lifting. But the days I lift 4 times a week will be do to a shortened lifting session prior in the week.

For instance, Last week I had to work late. by the time I got home, played with the kid a bit, ate some dinner ect, I got about 35-40 Minutes to do some biceps and that was a rap for the day. So I threw in a 4th session to do back last week.

Pick this apart ology, as I know it sucks...

im kinda annoyed with u only eating 4 meals.. whats up with that?

the changes iv made apply to your non workout days too... except you should be eating less on your non workout days.. drop your carb intake

im kinda annoyed with u only eating 4 meals.. whats up with that?

Why eat more meals? It has been proven over and over that the whole idea of "more frequent, smaller meals raises your metabolism
" is a complete myth.

Another problem I have which also goes with why I eat less meals is my appetite is bad. When I wake up in the morning, the LAST thing I want to do is eat. I feel this way for a few hours. Knowing I have to eat breakfast, I eat it hating every minute of it. I don't really feel hungry till around 5pm. And from around 5pm till I go to bed my hunger is out of control. I wish it was the opposite but O well.

example. I was not in the mood for eggs for breakfast this morning so before work I had 2 pieces of whole grain bread, about an ounce of turkey breast and 2 slices of fat free mozzarella. I felt sick from eating that much. Im a pretty big dude at 228lbs. I should feel sick from this little amount of food. But Rest assured, Ill come home tonight and want to eat everything I can get my hands on...

Why eat more meals? It has been proven over and over that the whole idea of "more frequent, smaller meals raises your metabolism
" is a complete myth.

Another problem I have which also goes with why I eat less meals is my appetite is bad. When I wake up in the morning, the LAST thing I want to do is eat. I feel this way for a few hours. Knowing I have to eat breakfast, I eat it hating every minute of it. I don't really feel hungry till around 5pm. And from around 5pm till I go to bed my hunger is out of control. I wish it was the opposite but O well.

example. I was not in the mood for eggs for breakfast this morning so before work I had 2 pieces of whole grain bread, about an ounce of turkey breast and 2 slices of fat free mozzarella. I felt sick from eating that much. Im a pretty big dude at 228lbs. I should feel sick from this little amount of food. But Rest assured, Ill come home tonight and want to eat everything I can get my hands on...

yea i would say your wrong about eating more meals being a myth...

i know people who've had success with just 4 meals a day, thats quite diff then saying that 6-8 meals a day wont keep your metabolism moving faster...

but hey if your convinced, go with ur 4 meals..

make the changes iv asked in bold.. lose that crappy beef in the morning... etc and post up a finalized diet

and as for you problem with eating.. if you were eating 6 meals a day; 1 meal per 3 hours.. then ud start getting sick to your stomach with hunger every 3 hours if u didn't eat.. opens up your appitite.... happens to everybody.. at first then have a hard time eating that much, then their bodies metabolism gets used to it and cant help but to eat that much...

" is a complete myth.

1. who the fuck told you that line of crap? Sorry brother, but you are wayy off here. By constantly regulating your body's ability to digest/burn off food, your body has no choice but to increase its capacity (metabolism) to do as such.

2. The reason you don't feel hungry is your body is feeding off its glycogen stores, which i can almost guarantee is why you are still so fat. If you ate more frequently, like jamy said, you would be hungry every few hours. Well, that and adjusting your protein choices. Everyone hates eating like this the first week or two. you need more quality food.

Remember, you are loking for advice. Obviously what you are doing isn't working as well as you like.

yea i would say your wrong about eating more meals being a myth...

i know people who've had success with just 4 meals a day, thats quite diff then saying that 6-8 meals a day wont keep your metabolism moving faster...

but hey if your convinced, go with ur 4 meals..

make the changes iv asked in bold.. lose that crappy beef in the morning... etc and post up a finalized diet

Thanks for all the advice J. Let me try and dig up some of the scientific articles I have read about metabolic rate and the correlation (or lack there of) to meal frequency. I know the biggest doctor off the top of my head was Dr Berardi.

image017.jpg

1. who the fuck told you that line of crap? Sorry brother, but you are wayy off here. By constantly regulating your body's ability to digest/burn off food, your body has no choice but to increase its capacity (metabolism) to do as such.

2. The reason you don't feel hungry is your body is feeding off its glycogen stores, which i can almost guarantee is why you are still so fat. If you ate more frequently, like jamy said, you would be hungry every few hours. Well, that and adjusting your protein choices. Everyone hates eating like this the first week or two. you need more quality food.

Remember, you are loking for advice. Obviously what you are doing isn't working as well as you like.

yea he kinda came here telling me how it is.. lmfao

it's ok though.. people have thie own conceptions of what they think is right.. even when they're sitting at a high bf

Thanks for all the advice J. Let me try and dig up some of the scientific articles I have read about metabolic rate and the correlation (or lack there of) to meal frequency. I know the biggest doctor off the top of my head was Dr Berardi.

image017.jpg

u think that guy was eating 4 meals a day all his life??

there is regulation of food.. fuck i know milos was eating 4 meals a day in his off season.. but that's when he was already 240lbs of lean muscle.. ur needs are much much diff then his.. or your dr friends there...

i know what works... and not to say that i know everything that works, but i have a solid way of approaching nutrition..

Very true, I guess I have just read enough studies about it that made me stop believing it. Another analogy I read about was going back to the cave men theory. From all accounts that we have, it seems as if they ate, for the most part, once a day. They hunted and gathered all day long, then at the end of the day they would eat big.

again, not saying either of you are wrong and i really appreciate all your input. The kind of personality I have is to question everything.

Ill give the every 3 hour routine a shot for the next 2 months and log everything.

u think that guy was eating 4 meals a day all his life??

No, Actually he claims 3 meals. Again, Just going by what He, A doctor said.

Again, Im not trying to say either of you are wrong because its apparent you guys know what works for you. Im just relaying what I have read by doctors and from studies.

Very true, I guess I have just read enough studies about it that made me stop believing it. Another analogy I read about was going back to the cave men theory. From all accounts that we have, it seems as if they ate, for the most part, once a day. They hunted and gathered all day long, then at the end of the day they would eat big.

again, not saying either of you are wrong and i really appreciate all your input. The kind of personality I have is to question everything.

Ill give the every 3 hour routine a shot for the next 2 months and log everything.

no worries bro, thats how you learn. None of us are experts.

but, you need to remember a few things that make the internet a bitch.

1. for every 10 studies showing something works, they are 20 that show that it doesn't.

2. cavemen were around a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago. Ever heard of evolution? lol humans have an incredible ability to adapt. Does that mean its best? hell no. You think all cavemen looked like that doctor above.

3. real world experience is without a doubt the true measure of success or failure. You should only take so much and then try.

Back