Diet is slipping.... I blame my 2 year old!

anzel

Im j/k but it seems my will power has slipped a notch here. My daughter is 2 and we need to feed her so like most kids she likes carbs and cheese and the occasional cookie. Today I was waiting for my prescription to get filled at the pharma and had to kill 20 min. So I decided to take her to the pastry shop cause she was being great and wanted to hook her up. SO I found the PB & J bars and I grabbed 4 of em.... 3 for me and 1 for her LOL!!
Normally I wouldnt even go near a pastry shop.
Also she doesnt finsh all her food so I hate to see food go to waste with how expensive it is nowadays. So I will eat her grilled cheese, her mac n cheese , rice, pastina with butter.... her pizza! Oh man it doesnt end.
She just took her first poop in the shitter!!! Fuckin A lets celebrate everyone gets chocolate LOL.

Supposedly me and my wife are gonna kick off a no carb paleo diet on Monday and I have no idea how I will avoid eating all those carbs that my daughter will be eating right in front of me.......

If I can do it with a 6 and 9 year old plus a wife that loves to binge on a loaf of crusty bread when she is stressed, so can you. Just takes some willpower.

And stop feeding your kid junk food all the time. Give her healthy treats (e.g. fruit). Start her off on the right foot.

Yeah I gotta put my mental powers to work!

She was loving brussle sprouts,broccoli and carrots for the first 2 yrs! SHe loved it! We think breast feeding helped with that. But her tastes are changing and we have been trying some different things because we want her to eat.... And we eat plenty of fruit, everyday. One of her favs right now is chicken salad made with roasted chicken and avacado to replace the mayo. And she likes Cod! So its not all bad

my daughter just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. its hard sometimes to even figure out what to make her as their appetites change so often although she still does love pasta and tuna or salmon so at least if ur finishing that off its not as bad as some processed junk.
As mega said, you need to just fight the craving and bin the excess or even better, get used to measuring the portions you cook for your little one, just as you measure your own food when training so there isnt loads of left overs. you start her off eating healthy stuff now and she will continue that way, so fill the table with lots of fruit, apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries, raspberries that she can have as a treat.
then in the next year or coming years when you try and have something crap it'll be your little one that'll be telling daddy to eat some fruit instead.

Yeah, I'm enjoying being able to share some of the same foods as my daughter. Keto can be rough when seeing her snacking on crackers and Mac and cheese or oatmeal.

You can pull through brother, just a matter of how bad you want it. ;)

My son's sit on the couch playing x box eating pop-tarts and pause the game just log enough to go take and piss, and annoy me by standing up walking to the bathroom with abs bursting through the skin and viens running down both bicepts eating junk. Thier mom is the same way, drinks cokes and eats cupcakes and has obliques year around. Mean while I'm eating asparagus and sweating on an elliptical.

But in all seriousness I know the struggle, I watch them eat all this shit that taste so wonderful and it kills me at times. Lots of times they ask me to share with them or politely offer bites of thier candy, I often don't say no. I honestly have no valid solution to offer...Infact I'd like to hear one.

My son's sit on the couch playing x box eating pop-tarts and pause the game just log enough to go take and piss, and annoy me by standing up walking to the bathroom with abs bursting through the skin and viens running down both bicepts eating junk. Thier mom is the same way, drinks cokes and eats cupcakes and has obliques year around. Mean while I'm eating asparagus and sweating on an elliptical.

But in all seriousness I know the struggle, I watch them eat all this shit that taste so wonderful and it kills me at times. Lots of times they ask me to share with them or politely offer bites of thier candy, I often don't say no. I honestly have no valid solution to offer...Infact I'd like to hear one.

Yeah thats the real prob... When she want to share a bite with me. That one tiny little nibble is enough to make me want to eat more! I can understand crackheads now LOL

For me with my kids when there eating junk, just a tiny nibble is all I need with my cravings.

For me with my kids when there eating junk, just a tiny nibble is all I need with my cravings.

That's all i need to cave in for the whole day and put down about 3 Twix a bowl of ice cream a few honey buns and half a tub of peanut butter

If your bulking eat it all up man. But if you arent drink some diet soda to curb those cravings. Or if you feel a craving go eat a meal, that will curb a craving as well. I find cravings happens when you hungry rather than full.

Good ideas guys thanks..... hardboiled eggs saved my ass yesterday.... def my willpower slipped a little.... Im getting it back anyway I can!

Back