Diet plan (.critique).......

Matt0071

Please critique diet plan

Think I need some more.fats in this plan but here it is

What's my protein and calorie intake look like as well

If I do need more fats which meals.would.I suggest I add more fats and what type of fats u suggest thanks

Current weight 215lbs at 5'10
Looking to gain some lbm while staying as lean as possible

Meal 1
1 cup egg white ( 8 egg whites), 40g whey pro, 1 cup oats

Meal 2

7oz chicken breast, 1 cup white rice

Meal 3

7oz chicken breast, 1.cup white rice

Meal 4 ( pre workout)

7oz chicken breast, 1 can of tuna, 1 cup white rice

Meal 5 ( post workout)

40g whey pro, 1 white bagel

Meal.6

1 cup non fat.cottage cheese, 6oz lean ground beef

Last edited:
Currently on a blast 1500mg test,.low..dose of tren a 300mg/week

85mg eod of tren is low dose? At 100mg eod (350mg/wk), I can eat anything I want and wake up the next morning leaner and not lift a finger in the gym. I'd be hard pressed to consider 85mg THAT low of a dose.

You have NO vegetables.. therefore your digestion will likely suck.. A lot. You may get a bit constipated, which will cause bloating, and could eventually affect your appetite and mood. Considering also none of your carbs have fiber either.. you're doing yourself a huge injustice in the digestive department. I would go to at least brown rice, and include 3-4 cups of lightly steamed green vegetables a day.

Let me get out my new nutrition book here and figure out your macros.....

Before though, from what I'm seeing you're doing neither a no carb (therefore not in ketosis), nor a carb cycling diet.. I'm confused a bit really.

No carb diet, would allow you to have 0 water on your body, increase fats (eat more fatty meats, some sat fats, MCT's) and generally use less protein in the process. You can still consume green vegetables with fiber, and nuts with very high fiber:carb ratio. I would greatly recommend using MCT oil when no carbing it.. it helps me a lot. Something that 3J recommended on the open forum a while back, to replace a fasting diet, but that diet happened to be no carb as well so I had to try it out with my diet at the time. Excellent product, 1-2 tbsp a day has ridiculously noticeable effects (thermogenesis, energy, and shits if you take too much :) )

Carb cycling diet goes through stages. It's painful to get used to at first.. but after you memorize what goes on what days it's one of the most powerful methods there are. Your body will go through periods that create the best of both worlds. Very minimal water retention all the time (low carb days rid water, high carb days are infrequent and don't do much in 1-2 days of the week), optimal hormone levels and brain function (higher fat days), energy restoration (high carb days), optimal muscle growth and repair (consistent levels of protein), high metabolism (frequent meals throughout the day and evening)..

If you really are with 3J.. and you're asking for diet advice on here, I'm not going to bother with much else in this regard. I've picked at what needs to be picked at. If you're indeed with him, and having doubts, I assure you it will work if you just follow it 100%.

We are complex organisms, with so many things going on at once, so many things that rely on one another just to make a small thing happen inside us. These diet plans he makes are designed to work with this in mind. Any good plan is. It takes advantage of natural processes. Makes small moves, consistently, over a long time and does it healthily. It works.

When you stray from this system built so intricately.. 1 mistake may have minimal effect, 2.. meh, 3, 4, 5, daily... things will start to collapse. What was creating results before will be overshadowed by the mistakes. These mistakes will be breaking up the effects that only happen after many days in a row of being perfect.. maybe even weeks in a row.

Everything is put in there for a reason. Just remember that.

Hype, what should.I add for fats like for.meal 1 I can add.a.couple whole eggs as well,possibly another meal.of 6 or 8oz ground beef?
I can eat a lot and I stick to whole foods as I like to eat lol
Wanna keep my body fat down but yes I have tried carb cycling and didn't care for it to.much

Should I boost up my fats,whole eggs for meal 1?
Some more ground beef?
How many grams of pro does it look like here in this plan
Thanks
Looking to stay lean in the process of adding some.lbm if possible lol

sent you a pm.

but I'd time your carbs and your fat intake dependent upon your work out schedule and meal schedule.. basically, keep fats and proteins together apart from carbs (especially high glycemic ones). Then on meals around your work out, I'd have the protein and carbs together.. so lean meats and carbs near your work out, and white rice or white bagel post work out. then fatty meats and no carbs (or small amounts of complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potato), and more veggies and healthy fats like nuts and avocados for the meals that are not around your work out.

you'll get more fats in this way, but wont have the fats around your insulin spikes that are caused by the high gycemic carbs (you'll keep these spikes around your work out and post work out to drive anabolism)

As I got lots of ground beef and whole eggs as they were on sale I already have lots of chicken and tuna.as well pretty much as stated llneed to add more fats in my plan need oponions whole eggs, ground beef or olive oil for.my fat intake

No not with 3j hype
Thanks for the reply

Okay, hopefully it's not because you skipped out after ordering a plan.

Anyway.. I cannot go days without vegetables man. I literally will not produce a turd.. vegetables have become a staple of mine. 7,000 calories wouldn't come back out without vegetables :) Even if you just get a Bird's Eye steam bag.. make your veggies 1 minute under the recommended microwave time. Stay away from Corn and Peas.. everything eats corn, and peas cause gastrointestinal stress.

I recommend you do a variation of one of the two diets listed above if you want to look remotely good while doing what you're doing.

Your protein intake looks good really, nothing wrong there. I usually stick to a single source of protein per meal, and vary it by day as to not get bored with anything. If I ate cottage cheese and steak every night I'd get bored of both.. if I switch back and forth day-by-day I would last longer using those two sources.

White rice is a simple carb for one. It has a greater impact on blood sugar, insulin, and all it's processes.

Let me do an example comparison of physically why there is a difference in complex vs. simple.

So, a mtn. dew has 170 calories, 46g of carbs (all sugar). In comparison, 7oz sweet potato is around 170 calories, 41g carbs, 7 grams fiber, 13g from sugars, 4g protein. (Sweet potato's also have loads of potassium, Vitamin A & C, some calcium and iron as well)

So you can compare those in nutrient density for the same calories all day and see which one is better. But, if you compare them in size and function within your body.. there is even more going on.

Drink that Mtn. Dew and your body will get a sudden spike of sugar, sugar is so molecularly close to glucose (our bodies source for energy) it will convert it very quickly, doing so it also makes a ton of insulin at once! This causes insulin sensitivity issues.. which sucks.. because the more sensitive you are the greater the anabolic effect when you do get a big spike.. but if you consistently beat it down and desensitize you lose the advantage your natural processes give you! Not to mention, is that Mtn. Dew filling you up, do you feel full at all of that can? Also, to the people that drink pop or consume dick loads of simple sugars as their main carbohydrate source.. this is why diabetes develops. We overload, overload, overload.. until we can't produce enough insulin at once to do the same breakdown process we used to do.

Eating the sweet potato is obviously better from a nutrient standpoint. But, there is more going on here as well.. molecularly sweet potato is not close to our bodies energy source (glucose).. so it has a harder time breaking down the food into glucose. This is a good thing, it makes the process longer, and therefore causes less spikes of insulin. It allows you to still eat carbs, while not blowing up with insulin and causing harsh desensitization. No diabetes, more nutrients, feel fuller longer, and greater insulin sensitivity.

------------------------------------------------------------

The above description was a bit exaggerated in that I used the worst carb against the best carb.. but to be honest man.. white rice it's got nothing. If you're consuming large quantities of it... eventually you too could develop problems. If I were you I would switch to the healthiest versions of all the foods you will eat regularly.

Brown Rice > White Rice
Sweet or Red Potato > Idaho Potato
100% Whole Wheat Bread > Any other bread!
Steel Cut Oats > Quick Oats

Eventually you will need to eat so much of these in order to gain weight, that eating the worse of the two is going to cause health problems rather quickly. It may not be an issue YET at 3000 calories.. but when you need to eat more carbs and go up to a caloric level of 5k, 7k, 10k to bulk.. eating the more wholesome options will be the only way to maintain your health..

One last thing.. where are your fats? WTF man. How have you devised this bad of a plan being at this shit for 3 1/2 years!

Last edited:
Okay, hopefully it's not because you skipped out after ordering a plan.

Anyway.. I cannot go days without vegetables man. I literally will not produce a turd.. vegetables have become a staple of mine. 7,000 calories wouldn't come back out without vegetables :) Even if you just get a Bird's Eye steam bag.. make your veggies 1 minute under the recommended microwave time. Stay away from Corn and Peas.. everything eats corn, and peas cause gastrointestinal stress.

I recommend you do a variation of one of the two diets listed above if you want to look remotely good while doing what you're doing.

Your protein intake looks good really, nothing wrong there. I usually stick to a single source of protein per meal, and vary it by day as to not get bored with anything. If I ate cottage cheese and steak every night I'd get bored of both.. if I switch back and forth day-by-day I would last longer using those two sources.

White rice is a simple carb for one. It has a greater impact on blood sugar, insulin, and all it's processes.

Let me do an example comparison of physically why there is a difference in complex vs. simple.

So, a mtn. dew has 170 calories, 46g of carbs (all sugar). In comparison, 7oz sweet potato is around 170 calories, 41g carbs, 7 grams fiber, 13g from sugars, 4g protein. (Sweet potato's also have loads of potassium, Vitamin A & C, some calcium and iron as well)

So you can compare those in nutrient density for the same calories all day and see which one is better. But, if you compare them in size and function within your body.. there is even more going on.

Drink that Mtn. Dew and your body will get a sudden spike of sugar, sugar is so molecularly close to glucose (our bodies source for energy) it will convert it very quickly, doing so it also makes a ton of insulin at once! This causes insulin sensitivity issues.. which sucks.. because the more sensitive you are the greater the anabolic effect when you do get a big spike.. but if you consistently beat it down and desensitize you lose the advantage your natural processes give you! Not to mention, is that Mtn. Dew filling you up, do you feel full at all of that can? Also, to the people that drink pop or consume dick loads of simple sugars as their main carbohydrate source.. this is why diabetes develops. We overload, overload, overload.. until we can't produce enough insulin at once to do the same breakdown process we used to do.

Eating the sweet potato is obviously better from a nutrient standpoint. But, there is more going on here as well.. molecularly sweet potato is not close to our bodies energy source (glucose).. so it has a harder time breaking down the food into glucose. This is a good thing, it makes the process longer, and therefore causes less spikes of insulin. It allows you to still eat carbs, while not blowing up with insulin and causing harsh desensitization. No diabetes, more nutrients, feel fuller longer, and greater insulin sensitivity.

------------------------------------------------------------

The above description was a bit exaggerated in that I used the worst carb against the best carb.. but to be honest man.. white rice it's got nothing. If you're consuming large quantities of it... eventually you too could develop problems. If I were you I would switch to the healthiest versions of all the foods you will eat regularly.

Brown Rice > White Rice
Sweet or Red Potato > Idaho Potato
100% Whole Wheat Bread > Any other bread!
Steel Cut Oats > Quick Oats

Eventually you will need to eat so much of these in order to gain weight, that eating the worse of the two is going to cause health problems rather quickly. It may not be an issue YET at 3000 calories.. but when you need to eat more carbs and go up to a caloric level of 5k, 7k, 10k to bulk.. eating the more wholesome options will be the only way to maintain your health..

One last thing.. where are your fats? WTF man. How have you devised this bad of a plan being at this shit for 3 1/2 years!

Well I.was.just.keeping.my.fats under.50g with the higher carb source, was eating 1.5 cups of rice 3 tIme.a.day but switched it back down to 1 cup 3 times a day starting today
Should I add in some whole eggs or more ground beef? Cause I got.lots of both or some olive oil?
For carb.source then 1 cup of white rice equals a 7oz baked.sweet potato so.maybe I'll switch out the white rice for sweet potato's then
And forgot.to.mention that in my plan but I take in veggies as well at least 3-4 cups of greens a day ( broccoli/cucumber) are my fav

Last edited:
Sorry for the final words, kind of. The point remains the same.. but I didn't realize you replied asking for help with fats!

General rule of thumb here with fats. Healthiest versions of all the foods you will regularly eat. I will explain different scenarios to help however. Cause it can vary, and you can take advantage of different fats under certain conditions.

Do your research on what foods contain the best nutrient density and the macronutrients associated to them primarily as well. If you're looking for good fats, find products that are rich in Poly/Mono-unsaturated fats. Those would be good additions to a standard nutrition plan such as the one above.

If you're carb cycling.. the same rule applies.. only you take your fats away during high carb days, and re-implement them gradually day by day as you gradually decrease your carbohydrates day by day. It's a balancing act.

If you're low/no carbing and relying on ketones for energy. This is where it can be fun, but can also get expensive. So, yes, you'll still want to consume healthy versions of your regular foods.. But you can get away with things like healthy oils for cooking AND butter, chicken breast or lean red meat AND bacon. Or just a fattier piece of red meat. You can eat less protein overall.. it's actually not recommended to eat 300-400g protein in ketosis. Instead you would lower to 200-250g of protein, and increase calories from fats, highly fibrous sources of foods, and loads of vegetables. You would want to stay under 20-50g of total carbohydrates per day. Fiber does not count toward that number. So if products has 10g of carbs per serving, but 6 grams are fiber.. you only consumed 4 grams of total carbs for the day.

Okay, so enough on that.. Lets go over some generally good sources of fats.

Nuts/Seeds, Fish, Oils, Avocados, Whole eggs, MCTs. Saturated fats aren't bad, they just need to be used as the tool they are. They are all tools.. right tool for the right job. Right, fat/carb/protein for the desired effect at the right time!

So how.much.more grams of fat.would.u add to.my.plan then?
if I added in whole eggs and or some.lean ground beef?

depends on you goal.. like hype said regarding ketosis,, you could actually go to eating 70% of your diet from fat, %25 protein and cut down and be completely shredded. Like what Dennis James used to do to prepare for a show.

*I'm doubting your wanting to cut though,, so adding on more lean size, you just want to balance out your diet and get in a lot more fats then your getting in now, but time your carb intake

Well I.was.just.keeping.my.fats under.50g with the higher carb source, was eating 1.5 cups of rice 3 tIme.a.day but switched it back down to 1 cup 3 times a day starting today
Should I add in some whole eggs or more ground beef? Cause I got.lots of both or some olive oil?
For carb.source then 1 cup of white rice equals a 7oz baked.sweet potato so.maybe I'll switch out the white rice for sweet potato's then
And forgot.to.mention that in my plan but I take in veggies as well at least 3-4 cups of greens a day ( broccoli/cucumber) are my fav

Thank fucking god about the vegetables! I was worried..

1 cup of cooked white rice is the same yes. Minus all the nutrients and fiber of a sweet potato. It's not SUPER bad.. there is a hair of fiber in white rice, no sugars.. but you want IDEAL. Always go for IDEAL! Then, when you can't get to do IDEAL.. you won't be affected by a fuck up as badly. Say 99% of your meals are your best effort, and you are eating the best foods you can.. but then you are asked to have a burger with a bud at the bar.. and you end up having a beer.. Is it so bad then? You're almost rewarding yourself for doing so well..

Flip it and eat good only 60% of the time.. and induce the same scenario, now it's pretty bad. Seems like you'd fallen off the gain train.. and don't really care anymore.

Lets just assume you're doing a well balanced plan.

You want Complex Carbohydrates, Lean Meats, Healthy Fats, Crisp/Fresh/Lightly steamed vegetables, and frequent meals.

If I was to make an example meal, that could portray all the principles of a well balanced plan, and be used as a formula for all your other meals.. it'd look like this :

Breakfast - 30-50g protein lean (egg white, whey isolate), 30-50g complex carbohydrate (red potatoes, oats, ezekiel bread), little reg. olive oil (NOT EVOO) for cooking, and maybe 1/2 tbsp - 1 tbsp peanut butter, or 1-2 whole eggs instead of all egg whites. This would be a well balanced breakfast.. and a good beginning to your day.

That's a hard question to answer. What you have in order now.. does that maintain your weight? What is your goal, gain or lose?

If you add in fats.. 1g = 9 calories. So you would need to take away 2g of carbs per 1g of fat added in order to maintain the same caloric intake.

Looking at my.plan now tho if it stays the same and if I add in 2 whole eggs( meal 1) and say 6oz ground beef to my post workout meal would that work or would it add fat on me?
Just don't wanna get fat that's all
I usually sit down and figure out my macro's but I.am.using a diet that I.modified and just haven't sat down and figured how.my pro/carb/fat/cals there is, I have a rough idea but I need to sit down and figure it out
Pro/carb/fat/cals for a 7oz chicken breast ( meat weighed.raw)?
Was hoping to.gain but with minimal fat gain if.possible keeping it lean as possible if I.am.on tren

Last edited:
Looking at my.plan now tho if it stays the same and if I add in 2 whole eggs( meal 1) and say 6oz ground beef to my post workout meal would that work or would it add fat on me?
Just don't wanna get fat that's all

I usually sit down and figure out my macro's but I.am.using a diet that I.modified and just haven't sat down and figured how.my pro/carb/fat/cals there is, I have a rough idea but I need to sit down and figure it out
Pro/carb/fat/cals for a 7oz chicken breast ( meat weighed.raw)?

for 95% of the population , it is Carb consumption that puts on fat (not fat). imo, you need to be more concerned with when and how you consume your carbs if you don't want to "get fat".. Carbs stimulate insulin, and insulin is the only fat storing hormone in our body.

So no, adding fattier meats like ground beef post work out is NOT a good time to get fats in. your post work out meal is the only meal that you DO want a spike in insulin (along with protein), and that requires fast acting carbs, like white bread. You do NOT want to consume fats at this time because its the job of the carbs to raise sugar in the blood stream and for their to be a release of insulin to lower the blood sugar and drive glycogen into muscle stores (when the muscles are depleted from your workout), not fat into fat stores.*

* consuming fast acting carbs and spiking insulin when your muscles are not depleted of glycogen stores will just cause the insulin to drive down glucose by storing in fat cells. thats how you get fat

high fat ground beef and whole eggs for breakfast (if you work out late afternoon) would be a good way to get your fats in. Again, save the carbs for around your workout. Keep fats and carbs somewhat separate with protein being the basis of every meal.

Okay thanks brother good info roush and hype,.will switch meal.2 to 7oz chicken breast and 6oz ground beef and move the carb source 1.5 cups pretty workout, 1.5 cups post work. Equaling the same carbs as in my plan but timed around my workout
Meal one I'll add in a couple whole eggs as well with the 8 egg whites and oats

Back