Diet review

tonality

Hey guys, I'm starting my bulking diet on Monday for the winter and wanted to let you guys tear it up before I started cooking sunday night :) It's only at 3kcal right now, any clean suggestions to beef it up (if you think i need to) would be greatly appreciated.

8am : 1 scoop MuscleMilk, 8oz OJ, cooked oats (3/4c raw)

10am : 1oz almonds

12pm : 2c diced chkn breast, 1c cooked brown rice, 1/2c mushrooms

3pm : Granola bar w/ peanut butter, carb/sugar free yogurt, 1c diced chkn breast

5pm : MM shake (2scoops) w/ Betagen (glut/creatine mix), 8oz fat-free milk, Univ. pump stack supp.

6pm-7pm : Workout/carb cutoff

~7-7:30pm : Protein shake w/ water, Betagen (glut/creatine mix)

8-8:30pm : 1can tuna, 3 hard-boiled eggwhites, 1/2c mushrooms

10pm : protein shake w/ water, bed

6'2, 190lb, 11%BF right now
Total consumption is 3kcal,
210g/carb, 81g/fat, 350g protein

Cheat meals are limited to 2/week, workouts 4x/week(trying DoggCrapp out), cardio 0-2x/week before bfast.

I know i've basically asked the same question before, but that was without an actual diet to pick apart; are my timings OK with carbs/fats/protein intakes to get the best results? I realize I'm starting low (3k) cal but I want to give this a couple of weeks to see what it will do...if i'm still dropping weight (which i'm sure i will be), i'll just tweak the totals, no problem. Still a newbie at the whole process, thanks everyone for your patience and help!

you dont do the carb cutoff before your workout. you want carbs before and after a workout. you also want carbs for breakfast. other meals can be low(er) carb.

Food choices are pretty decent.

Awesome, thanks! Are the carbs from the sugars in milk ok for PWO, or should I be taking in a more complex one? That makes the cal count higher anyway, good deal.

only thing i don't like is the 4-hour gap (8am-noon) without a whole substantial protein source. 1 oz of almonds in a 4-hour gap seems a little light in the ass for a bulking diet. otherwise looks pretty good to me.

Suareezay said:
you dont do the carb cutoff before your workout. you want carbs before and after a workout. you also want carbs for breakfast. other meals can be low(er) carb.

Food choices are pretty decent.

yessir, pretty much. IMO, i would try and trow some green veegies in there. Notin for notin but u know what i mean

tonality said:
Awesome, thanks! Are the carbs from the sugars in milk ok for PWO, or should I be taking in a more complex one? That makes the cal count higher anyway, good deal.
im not a fan of milk, but if you like it (and since youre gaining weight anyway), go nuts. Its fine PWO as long as its skim.

Hey, one last question...is it a good idea to mix my muscle milk protein as a PWO shake with the milk, since i'll be spiking carbs and that has a pretty high fat count? Should I shoot for a low-fat PWO shake instead? I'm also mixing it with my oats in the morning...I thought fats and carbs together were a no-no? Does MM not apply to the general rule?

Back