Different Exercises That People Dont Typically Do That Have Been Effective For You

Milhouse

Bob died for our sins
I WILL FOCUS ON A COUPLE FOR MY ARMS THAT MAKE A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE

TRICEPS: DECLINE BB OR DB EXT...I FIND I GET A BETTER STRETCH AND CONTRACTION ON THE WHOLE TRICEPS WITHOUT THE ELBOW PAIN
STANDING 1 ARM ROPE EXTENSION: DONE IN SAME FASHION AS YOU WOULD DO IT WITH DUMBELLS. I LIKE THE SMOOTHER TENSION AND BETTER STRETCH WITH THESE

BICEPS: FACE DOWN INCLINE CURLS AND BARBELL OR DUMBELL SPIDER CURLS

I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND CONVENTIONAL BARBELL CURLS TO SUCK WITH ME EVEN WITH AN EZ CURL BAR AS WELL I PREFER HAMMER DUMBELL CURLS KEEPING MY ELBOWS IN CLOSE AND CURL THE DUMBELL ACROSS THE FRONT OF MY TORSO. NICE CONTRACTION AT THE TOP

WHAT EXERCISES DO YOU LIKE THAT PEOPLE DONT USUALLY DO\

SORRY FOR THE CAPS AS I AM AT WORK

I've recently become fond of Scott curls. That's pretty much the same as standing preacher curls, except with the cushion turned around backwards, so that your elbow is against the vertical side and your chest is on the slanted side. It's a very strict lift.

Close grip bench is great for tris.

and reverse curls either with the cable machine or EZ curl bar. It really builds your grip, your forearms and still nails the bis. Most people neglect forearms.

They may be common where you are from, but I work out in a big gym and never see people doing those two lifts for some reason.

TX, you grip the bar underhand. IMO, the Smith Machine is good for reverse bench press, unless you have a very good spotter around, then Barbell is cool.

Exercises that I like, but I don't see them done often:
Decline Skullcrushers
Spider Curls

TxLonghorn said:
Is that the 'sucide grip' thingy?

TX, I believe that the suicide grip is just basically a thumbless grip. You grip like normal, then place your thumbs in the same direction as your other fingers. Called a suicide grip b/c it's much easier for the bar to roll out of the hands in that position, however it DOES allow you to push just a little more weight, from my experience.

a great exercise that I rarely see anyone else doing are dumbell pullovers--they give me a great stretch they expand the ribcage, and my triceps benefit greatly from them.

dont see enough people doing deads. Its one of the most basic excersizes yet I rarley see people doing it.

It is unfortunate I work out at a hardcore dungeon gym yet I am one of the only people there who deadlifts regularly.

everyone does dumbell curls, but i always do them kneeled over, i get 10x the pump from it.

TxLonghorn said:
Is that the 'sucide grip' thingy?
no wrong THINGY :D
you actually flip your hands around so that your palms face your face instead of your feet when you grip the bar . most people will turn their hands slightly so that the bar rest in a groove running from the base of your hand in the very middle to the base of your first finger

i dont know how to do cleans :( ive asked the trainers, and they dont really know either... lololol doesnt say much for my gym =p

Back