Discipline

Jusselin

Champ Is Here
One of my biggest downfalls, no wait...MY BIGGEST DOWNFALL is discipline.

How do you guys enforce this with yourself?

What do you do to practice this?

When the feeling comes to cave and or cheat....what do you do?

Like my sig says.....Motivation gets you there, habbit is what keeps you there.

That's always the most dificult part of anyones training i think...is consistancy.

As far as diet goes, it's ok in my opinion to cheat once in a while....you need to to stay sane.

With workouts....you have to mentaly make yourself wanna go workout. When it gets to the point where you just don't feel like going to the gym then usually that means you're sick of your routine. When i have those days where i'm just dragging ass and don't feel like working out i still go but do something different than i normily do.....mix it up, have fun with it.

They say your body needs to do the same thing for about 20 days and then it will start to crave it. so if you can stick to your workout and stay consistant for 3 weeks you should strt mentaly get better at wanting to go.

thanks for the input....I just need to switch it up I guess....my cardio on that damn treadmill is making me sick.

thanks for the input....I just need to switch it up I guess....my cardio on that damn treadmill is making me sick.

I feel you bro! i hate cardio, and running.

! thing that helped me out was something called a 3,2,1 routine. you do 3 10 minutes circuits of cardio, 2 10 minute circiuts of weights, and 1 10 minute circiut of ab's/core 3 days a week.

It's really great for mixing it up because you're not always doing the same thing.

I would start out on the elyptical machine for 10 minutes....go lift weights for 10 minutes, jump on the tredmill for 10, lift again for 10, bike for 10, and then 10 minutes of abs. Worked out very well and even though i hated doing cardio, i only had to sacrifice 10 minutes at a time.

Nothing in this world is perfect, I for one have had more than one cheat meal at some point, I've had to take off from lifting weights at times, Juss what im trying to say is, you seem to be concerned about your health, when ever I feel I need motivation, I just listen to my inner voice & all I hear is "Get up you son of a bitc* cause Mickey loves you"...
We all get discouraged at some point in our lifes, the important thing is to find your motivation & get back in track..
Fall 12 times, get up 13 !!!!

Nothing in this world is perfect, I for one have had more than one cheat meal at some point, I've had to take off from lifting weights at times, Juss what im trying to say is, you seem to be concerned about your health, when ever I feel I need motivation, I just listen to my inner voice & all I hear is "Get up you son of a bitc* cause Mickey loves you"...
We all get discouraged at some point in our lifes, the important thing is to find your motivation & get back in track..

Very well said!!

Find pictures of people ur jelous of, look at them before u go to the gym . Another great one is think of that bitch who left u for another guy or think of all the ladys ull b gettin once ur shreds . Personally not an issue for me i love the gym i also love eating clean . however i did go through a stage where i hated training legs now thier one of my favourite bodyparts to train . variety in the gym/kitchen is key too . Train like beast, eat like a horse

Diced

i love rocky bro....yeah to be honest with you that is what I am facing...Just a lack of heart, I am trying to fake it till I make it.

Last edited:
One of my biggest downfalls, no wait...MY BIGGEST DOWNFALL is discipline.

How do you guys enforce this with yourself?

What do you do to practice this?

When the feeling comes to cave and or cheat....what do you do?

Jusselin for me it's easy.. 5 words
"The eye of the tiger " lol
I really do like the song, not ashamed to admit it :sulk:

Seriously though, I do believe in the power of self discipline & will power, For me I find my discipline in thinking how knowing how good it is for your health and how wonderful you feel afterwards if u go for that walk/ run or workout...

We all have habits & tendencies we like to overcome, I think willpower is the ability to overcome laziness and procrastination..
Heck, some days I just want to lay in my bed all day and just relax, but I look into my inner self & take action & do what I need to do.. because I know It will make me feel much better at the end.

Self discipline is the better half of will power, These two powers help us to choose our behavior and reactions, instead of being ruled by them.

There are days when I feel too lazy or weak to do what I have to do, But u really have to look into your inner strength & deal with the unnecessary and unhealthy thoughts, feelings..

Inner strength is attained by overcoming inner resistance.

So u wake up & JUST DO IT !!! It's really mind over body...

Fear of regression. Fear of accepting that this is as good as it gets. Addiction to progress which trumps all other addictions because they interfere with the iron. Seeing the guy at my gym with one leg still doing lower body exercises. Reading other people's logs and seeing their progress. It's a habit, a hobby, a deviation from the norm.

Several things motivate me:
1 - My kids. I want to be healthy for them. I want to be physically fit enough to do stuff with them.
2 - Pain. At 42 I have crushed discs in my back, tendonitis, and arthritis. If I don't workout and keep my body strong, I have trouble standing up straight.
3 - My exwife. Yeah, I'll admit I like it when I catch her looking at me. She'll never get it but I like to think I'm making her regret the failure of our marriage. Of course, her regret may all be in my mind but it's still worth it.
4 - My exwife's boyfriend before she met me. She always talked about him being a bodybuilder, entering shows and shit. I was always a little jealous of him... until I saw a picture of him. Sure he was buffed looking and ripped... but he was only 5'4"!! She neglected to tell me that part. I am 6'1" so my dick is about the size of his forearm. He can suck it.

Yeah, I may be a bit fucked up but I have plenty of motivation!

Discipline-desire to become a better person than I once was, determined to make changes from eating habits to whom I associate with, dedication-knowing that the only way I will achieve my goals I am setting for myself is to live my life differently. In order to love me fully, I need to fix what has been broken.

It isn't easy, every second of the day is a struggle, fighting those inner demons wanting me to regress instead of progress. I stay away from those things that tempt me, I have ppl that are mean and will taunt me with things that I cannot have, and I think to myself "is it really worth it?"

I choose a different route, date nights for me are training with my boys, spending all those long hours in the gym working our way to a stronger and leaner bodies, experimenting with different exerises, perfecting our techinques, spending my lunch time on the open road running, training so hard i go to bed with sore muscles, hours of planning my meals, cooking, and portioning everything. Staying home on a fri/sat night instead of hitting up the bars because I have an early A.M. Training session scheduled.

We do what we do bc we want to be the best that we can possibly be... I don't do what I do for anybody but me. I like physically challenging myself, testing me, pushing me to the limit, pain is pleasure to me. I love the feel of setting a goal and achieving it.

Strength comes from within and exudes outwards; mentally, physically, and spiritually.

If you want something bad enough you will resist temptations and will not give up.

Last edited:
Back