Do you think one of them is using gear pt. 2

Bro straight brutal. Fucker give me back pumps on orals -___-

No kidding, I've found the sumo variation more brutal than the conventional stance.
I pull sumo so it helps with that movement more than a conventional stance does.
I do however mix it up from time to time, sumo and conventional.
Muscle imbalance n whatnot.

Yeah, the black handled ones. I used to love those as they would help us in football with facemasking on the down-low as you could grab a dude's mask and yank down REALLY hard without getting caught if you were sneaky about it. The shit coaches teach kids haha.

Step up to the captains of crush series gripper.
You'll put that Dick's Sporting goods shit on the shelf for good.

Page Title - Ironmind

Ill miss you guys when I get banned lol ;)
D'oh! Hope not!
No kidding, I've found the sumo variation more brutal than the conventional stance.
I pull sumo so it helps with that movement more than a conventional stance does.
Sumo's for the motherf'ing win. I HATE conventional stance as I always would destroy my shins bringing the weight up. Didn't matter if I was wearing sweats or shorts. I'd have big chunks of shin meat just torn out of me. Sumo with over/under is the way to fly!~

Do you do over-under to help with grip?
I've never had a problem pulling over 400 with a double overhand grip.

Whoa. 365lbs of force required??! DAMN. I think I know what I might just put on my Christmas list this year!

They're no joke bud, those guys have some really neat pieces of equipment.
Stuff like this:
1244-11_f.jpg

Their heaviest rated grippers carry bragging rights on the world level if you can close it per their parameters.

I've got the trainer and the #1, good stuff and they're built to last a lifetime.

Damn, I guess being tall sucks there too lol. Ahh, okay - I kind of see your point there. I would at least try to go strapless for the lighter stuff though so you do build up some strength. If you can hold 315 for that long, I don't see you having issues with 185-225, which should at least be a good intermediate step up to heavier weight. I want more hammer strength machines. :( Did I mention yet how much I'm looking forward to this new gym? :spin:

Yeah, the black handled ones. I used to love those as they would help us in football with facemasking on the down-low as you could grab a dude's mask and yank down REALLY hard without getting caught if you were sneaky about it. The shit coaches teach kids haha.

Yep, seen those goofy ass pullups too. Always some really skinny kid doing them too. Dude, you have to remember that I've been in the gym for a loooooooong time. Sure, I'm building back up after being hypogonadal for a long time - but if muscle memory is real; it definitely has allowed me to move back up in weight rather quickly. Take your time, build up those connective tissues and be consistent. You'll be moving crazy weight in no time at all. I feel bad sometimes (not so much when they're punks) when folks watch me lift and want to emulate what I'm doing. There was a pretty big dude that took over after I finished on the seated rows and he started to pile on the plates like I do. I swear I saw him shit out his spine as he attempted to move that 365lbs LOL. I pretended not to see him do that, but I couldn't help to feel bad as I know he just wanted to prove to himself that he's as strong as the big guy in the baggy clothes. *sigh*

I shrug 280+ I don't go light (relative to my size) lol and like I said I don't use them for deads. I only use them on shrugs for previously stated reasons and I won't strap in UNTIL my grip fails on other pulling exercises and only use them to finish the set. I don't have grip issues like I used to... I do however, have sweaty palm issues. Sometimes I have to use chalk with my straps, yeah... it's that bad.

LMAO I played for a christian school, we didn't do that or we would go to hell.

Yeah, this was some mexican douche and his big titted lady. They used to come all the time, but now they show up once every 3 months or so. Oh I know, I just didn't know how else to explain what they hell they were doing lol. You have a seated row machine with plates??? THe one at my gym is just a cable / pulley.

I feel you dude. It's been a minute since I've done sumos because of how purely agonizing the back pumps were last time. But I might give them a go again

Chalk your straps.
Seriously.

Chalk the shit out of the piece that wraps over the bar's knurling and it will grip a lot better.

Damn that's a pretty good pull for your weight. I'm ~200 and haven't broken a 400 pull yet.

I'm like naturally as strong as an ox. It's gonna be genes because all the dudes in my family are the same way. Pretty tall too at 6'1 so the bar had a considerable amount of length to travel. Sometimes my strength is weird too. Lile I can't hit 315 on a barbell but I'll hit the 150 db for 5 np. Idk

Do you do over-under to help with grip?
I've never had a problem pulling over 400 with a double overhand grip.
Yes, I would have to once I got beyond 650lbs or I'd feel not only weakness in my grip, but I could feel strain on my biceps.

They're no joke bud, those guys have some really neat pieces of equipment.
Stuff like this:
1244-11_f.jpg

Their heaviest rated grippers carry bragging rights on the world level if you can close it per their parameters.

I've got the trainer and the #1, good stuff and they're built to last a lifetime.
I'm definitely adding them to my wish list! Definitely look like some high quality grips.

I shrug 280+ I don't go light (relative to my size) lol and like I said I don't use them for deads. I only use them on shrugs for previously stated reasons and I won't strap in UNTIL my grip fails on other pulling exercises and only use them to finish the set. I don't have grip issues like I used to... I do however, have sweaty palm issues. Sometimes I have to use chalk with my straps, yeah... it's that bad.

LMAO I played for a christian school, we didn't do that or we would go to hell.

Yeah, this was some mexican douche and his big titted lady. They used to come all the time, but now they show up once every 3 months or so. Oh I know, I just didn't know how else to explain what they hell they were doing lol. You have a seated row machine with plates??? THe one at my gym is just a cable / pulley.

ROFL. I can totally see the coach screaming, "That'll be ten Hail Mary's for that false start number 11!". That's true man, deads are likely sufficient to help build up strength. I certainly can't fault you for trying to keep from exhausting muscle groups that are being used as accessory muscles the day before you focus on them. :) Oddly, I sweat like a madman from everywhere BUT my palms. Crazy!

It's a cable machine with the traditional stack that goes to like 265(?), but we have those little 5 and 10lb plates you can stack on top. I literally clean out the area when I go to do rows as I have to stack like 20 of them on top. :D It looks pretty cool as it's like 3 feet taller than usual haha.

D'oh! Hmm, I'm sure you have many other aspects that I would be jealous of. :p

I do not envy your HPTA though; that I will have to concede on. :worried:

Except I don't want my lats or delts involved with a shrug. I'm isolating the trapezius muscle and while I do agree that I lose the assisting muscle stimulation to maintain balance; I do have other exercises for them. In fact, I'd dare to say that a SMITH machine (ohhhhh shit, see what I did there?) may even do a better job than a free standing barbell just for the purposes of isolation as you're able to focus on just that muscle. Of course hand strength does come into play, but I refuse to wear straps. :p

Hmm, if you like sand - it's time to bust out the broken glass! :D

You make me so hawny baby :).

Besides asymmetry, why would you want to isolate a single muscle when you can work multiple muscles at the same time? The body is a system and best trained as a system. Isolating for the same of isolation (besides asymmetry for aesthetics) is handicapping yourself imo

Back