Doc says EOW with Cypionate

Josha40

Labs came back and Test was low at 224 ng/dl. Had his nurse call me and tell me he wants me to come in once a month for Cyp injection. I told her I want once a week even if he breaks the amount up in 1/4 per injection. She told him and his response was he will go to once EOW because in his opinion I wasnt that low.

Should I agree to this and have labs done before every injection and a few days after injection to show him the fluctuation in levels??

I'm 29 years old and have been off cycle for 2 years.

Sounds like you have a doctor that has no clue how half lives work or an inkling how how men react to hormones. Time to find a new doctor, as this clown is just going to hurt you.

The proper response he should have had was:
"Your lab results for testosterone are low. Let's take a look at potential causes as it may be something that can be fixed without putting you on testosterone right away. Good thing I pulled your LH and FSH, so I can tell if we need to look at your pituitary gland more in depth or not." THEN he can follow up if treatment is needed with a, "Let's start you at xxmg per week every 7 days and see how you do in a month."

What he's doing is reckless and unprofessional. I'm sorry, but your HPTA doesn't give two shits if you have an endogenous production of 25ng/dL of testosterone or 5000ng/dL - it shuts down all the same.

YOU have two things to do OP: Read the TRT sticky at the top of the forum, and find a competent doctor that can count 1, 2, 3, half-lives muwahahaha (sorry, Sesame Street humor).

My .02c :)

Sounds like you have a doctor that has no clue how half lives work or an inkling how how men react to hormones. Time to find a new doctor, as this clown is just going to hurt you.

The proper response he should have had was:
"Your lab results for testosterone are low. Let's take a look at potential causes as it may be something that can be fixed without putting you on testosterone right away. Good thing I pulled your LH and FSH, so I can tell if we need to look at your pituitary gland more in depth or not." THEN he can follow up if treatment is needed with a, "Let's start you at xxmg per week every 7 days and see how you do in a month."

What he's doing is reckless and unprofessional. I'm sorry, but your HPTA doesn't give two shits if you have an endogenous production of 25ng/dL of testosterone or 5000ng/dL - it shuts down all the same.

YOU have two things to do OP: Read the TRT sticky at the top of the forum, and find a competent doctor that can count 1, 2, 3, half-lives muwahahaha (sorry, Sesame Street humor).

My .02c :)

Ok thanks HW. Should I not agree then? He wants me to come in tomorrow for injection. I assumed he didn't know shit about this. I'm a retired Army vet and he's a VA Doctor, time for me to find a private Doc. Gonna read the sticky now.

Ok thanks HW. Should I not agree then? He wants me to come in tomorrow for injection. I assumed he didn't know shit about this. I'm a retired Army vet and he's a VA Doctor, time for me to find a private Doc. Gonna read the sticky now.

Ouch. VA docs are either AMAZING or completely worthless in my experience going with family. You can either push to have him check other things like your pituitary, sleep apnea, other potential causes - or find a new private practice doc completely.

I think that the sticky will really help expose you to the key ideas and what to look for, and and ask. :)

Edit: Me personally, I'd hold off on the shot - even though you feel like crap. Once you start that process, certain tests are no longer effective.

Last edited:
Ouch. VA docs are either AMAZING or completely worthless in my experience going with family. You can either push to have him check other things like your pituitary, sleep apnea, other potential causes - or find a new private practice doc completely.

I think that the sticky will really help expose you to the key ideas and what to look for, and and ask. :)

Edit: Me personally, I'd hold off on the shot - even though you feel like crap. Once you start that process, certain tests are no longer effective.

I've been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea (69.2 rating) so I use CPAP as well as insomnia. Haven't checked pituitary gland though. Still reading stickys.

Which are those tests that are no longer effective after we start testosterone? Sleep study may get worse i believe?

Basic TRT Overview Stickie is awesome read!!! Thanks for pointing me in that direction HW. I talked to Doc and he is gonna let me self pin so I will now be able to cut doses but increase injection frequency.

Which are those tests that are no longer effective after we start testosterone? Sleep study may get worse i believe?

LH and FSH, key indicators of primary/secondary hypogonadism and/or general pituitary issues, start to drop almost immediately so those are out the window. Further, testosterone and estrogen are now all based on the shots, and not potential changes in lifestyle, sleep, etc.

-Jim

LH and FSH, key indicators of primary/secondary hypogonadism and/or general pituitary issues, start to drop almost immediately so those are out the window. Further, testosterone and estrogen are now all based on the shots, and not potential changes in lifestyle, sleep, etc.

-Jim

Thanks Jim. :)

Back