Doctors and Steroids

GigGuns21

In a Russian Gulag
Just curious about those out there whose docs know that they use AAS. Whats there opinion on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in general? Dangers, side effects, benefits? Thanx-Marc

GigGuns21 said:
Just curious about those out there whose docs know that they use AAS. Whats there opinion on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in general? Dangers, side effects, benefits? Thanx-Marc
Information to the general public is so flawed that it's not even funny. Go to the library and read some books about steroids.

I just found some book that some dumbass lawyer wrote. The side effects for me included: Irreversible hairloss, women's breasts, etc.

For women: beard and mustache growth, breasts be gone forever.

OMG. And then listen to the media, same crap. These people are morons.

i know a couple people that have told their doctors flat out... they don't bitch at them. in fact, they run blood work for them and monitor other potential risks. just make sure you know your doctor before you open your mouth. they can't get you in legal trouble, but they can tell your insurance, and i'm sure they'd love to hear they're covering a steroid user.

Dumbbell_Blonde said:
i know a couple people that have told their doctors flat out... they don't bitch at them. in fact, they run blood work for them and monitor other potential risks. just make sure you know your doctor before you open your mouth. they can't get you in legal trouble, but they can tell your insurance, and i'm sure they'd love to hear they're covering a steroid user.

my dr. is actually known for being the guy to go to if you use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) or are thinking about using AAS... hes runs blood tests, does regular EKG, and EEG's on all the guys who use and actually prescribes AI's and SERM's if need be

the most important thing in my eyes is him knowing what your doing and understanding why your doing it... my dr. also flat out told me that he used Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) back when he was my age, and I wouldn't really be surprised if he didn't use it now or wasn't on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) himself

I told my Doc 5 years ago that I take Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) he does not like the idea but will run test's as I see fit..

Most people on this board would know 90% more then there Dr anyway.....so why tell them ?

maybe my question has been misunderstood. I am familiar with side effects etc. I have no plans on telling my doc. I have used for years with reg. blood tests. I guess i am just wondering if there is anyone in the medical community who doesn't buy in to the myths, lies, and false propaganda.

GigGuns21 said:
maybe my question has been misunderstood. I am familiar with side effects etc. I have no plans on telling my doc. I have used for years with reg. blood tests. I guess i am just wondering if there is anyone in the medical community who doesn't buy in to the myths, lies, and false propaganda.
I'm sure there is, just as many out there as powerball winners.

GigGuns21 said:

Hey,
I have a contact that happens to be a full time ER Doctor. His suggestions are usually pretty cookie-cutter like, but he does mention that the media and other sources do seem to be misinformed.

I have always told my doctors EVERYTHING, about cocaine weed pills .. whatever I was on I would tell them, I don't do those things much anymore (ok.. weed.. I can't deny it) but you need to realize that the doctor cannot tell ANYONE.. so it can only help you... i dont know how a doctor does his job nor do i care.. but i would hope that if something is seriously wrong with me my doctor will use every angle to try to find out whats wrong ._.

and i don't think the doctor can talk to the insurance company and let them know you are an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user.. if that were true wouldn't insurance companies have the doctors report all medical tests to the insurance companies so the adjusters could raise your premiums as needed?

I just don't think it works like that.. I could be wrong.

SleepingGiant said:
and i don't think the doctor can talk to the insurance company and let them know you are an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user.. if that were true wouldn't insurance companies have the doctors report all medical tests to the insurance companies so the adjusters could raise your premiums as needed?

I just don't think it works like that.. I could be wrong.

if anything is put on your record about sides from Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use, then it will end up screwing you over in the long run

yeah, I guess that would be true, I didn't think of that.

But usually when I see stuff like, if your side effect.. it would just be like hair loss or w/e it wouldn't say "hair loss from steroid usage" would it?

I guess if theres a list of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) side effects on your record, that would somewhat give it away.

I guess you could tell your doc everything... but I dont see why you would unless youre having some sort of complication. Just make sure you get tested often and everything is in check

SleepingGiant said:
yeah, I guess that would be true, I didn't think of that.

But usually when I see stuff like, if your side effect.. it would just be like hair loss or w/e it wouldn't say "hair loss from steroid usage" would it?

there are a slew more of side effects that are more than hair loss and a lot easier to pin to steroid use... gyno for one

Dude..insurance companies will use any and all info to NOT pay you. Say 20 years from now you need a liver transplant for whatever reason...they will audit all your medical records and deny the claim for anything like Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use. No need to tell your doc...

I would not tell my doctor because despite medical privacy laws, all sorts of "private" information is shared. I believe there is an explicit exception in the privacy laws that allows insurance companies access to medical records for the purpose of evaluating claims and setting premiums.

OldBalls is right about insurance companies. They make money by selling policies and then finding ways to deny coverage. They use every available justification to charge high premiums. After, they are in business to make a profit, and they do that by maximizing their income from premiums, and minimizing their payments for covered expenses.

Trevdog said:
I would not tell my doctor because despite medical privacy laws, all sorts of "private" information is shared. I believe there is an explicit exception in the privacy laws that allows insurance companies access to medical records for the purpose of evaluating claims and setting premiums.

OldBalls is right about insurance companies. They make money by selling policies and then finding ways to deny coverage. They use every available justification to charge high premiums. After, they are in business to make a profit, and they do that by maximizing their income from premiums, and minimizing their payments for covered expenses.

I have to agree with Trevdog on this one. I would never say anything. I have had two different family doctors ask me and I always deny. My record is passed from clinic to clinic for whatever reason and I dont feel it is there busisness. Especially with all medical records being on the computer these days. As if insurence is not enoughf of a reason, we have to deal with the stigma as well.

i've known several docs that didn't buy the bull shit... one is my chiropractor, one is my best friend's GP, and another is a doctor that used to juice his balls off at the gym i trained at back home... i'm sure there's some to be found, but they're rare. it's all a matter of where you're looking i suppose.

Back