Does anyone know the record for benching 225 lbs the most times.

I have no idea but i remember seeing a fullback on our college football team rep something like 40 - 45. Think it was closer to 45.

Your right 225 isn't that much but the nfl places an emphasis on this dumb test

Not everybody Maxs out. It is hard on your body etc. I do preferr to max out, but repping out at 225 also shows endurance. My boss can do it 48 times and he was told that the record was like 55 times. I wandered if anyone here knew, or knew where to find out.

The NFL draft combine has used the 225lb max rep standard for the last 18 years. The only position players not tested are QBs, Kickers and Wideouts.

Not sure on the exact number... but some obscure lineman from North Texas did 55, 56, 57ish a few years back. He was a monster of a man at 6'8 360lbs. Don't remember his name as he wasn't a high draft pick.

Chris Hovan from the Vikings pushed it for 38, read that in a sports illistrated draft preview.

I remember back in high school our weightlifting/wrestling coach was a huge guy (6'3, 285). He benched the bar like 50 times just to show us little guys he could (we were like 14). The a guy I knew went and did 60, thinking he was hot shit. So my coach sat back down and repped it for like 15 minutes straight.

Mudge said:
I haven't even hit double on the bench, I'm tall enough that it wont be easy.

i've doubled...and a bit more..but..man to triple it...

that would be hard if you were like 350 pounds...

E

I was 251.5 yesterday, even double would be quite a feat. I'm 6'2", I wont look good till I hit 280-300.

Back