Does buliding muscle burn fat????

Hi.

I have been told by some people that building muscle burns fat!.....

While others told that it does not!

Who is correct?

Does building muscle burn fat or not?

Last edited:
Hi.

I have been told by some people that building muscle burns fat!.....

While others told that it does not!

Who is correct?

Does building muscle burn fat or not?

you cannot build muscle and burn fat
BUT
when u do gain muscle and ur bodyfat amount remains the same ...ur bf% will reduce
hope that helps

you cannot build muscle and burn fat
BUT
when u do gain muscle and ur bodyfat amount remains the same ...ur bf% will reduce
hope that helps
Yes it helps alot!!!!

I want to reduce my bodfat %!!!!

It is already reducing gradually!!!!

What should my bodyfat % be if I am lifting weights three times a week and are big built????

Yes it helps alot!!!!

What should my bodyfat % be if I am lifting weights three times a week and are big built????[/QUOTE

Theres no real what should my BF% be if I lift weights man. Thats a ? that cant really be answered. 80% of losing fat all takes place in the kitchen. It's all about your diet, age, genetics and metabolism that play a role and help dictate a round about on how much fat you can lose. How old are you? Post your diet and training reginmen. If you want some tips on fat burn heres a few. Cardio at moderate pace first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Meal one egg whites, oats. Meal 2 chicken brests veggies, brown rice, meal 3 protein shake with water, meal 4 Fish or lean steak with veggies, meal 5 lowfat cottage cheeze with tuna or PB. Something basic along that line. Make sure you get in olive oil and Omega 3, 6 too. Green tea helps me a lot as well.

Yes it helps alot!!!!

What should my bodyfat % be if I am lifting weights three times a week and are big built????[/QUOTE

Theres no real what should my BF% be if I lift weights man. Thats a ? that cant really be answered. 80% of losing fat all takes place in the kitchen. It's all about your diet, age, genetics and metabolism that play a role and help dictate a round about on how much fat you can lose. How old are you? Post your diet and training reginmen. If you want some tips on fat burn heres a few. Cardio at moderate pace first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Meal one egg whites, oats. Meal 2 chicken brests veggies, brown rice, meal 3 protein shake with water, meal 4 Fish or lean steak with veggies, meal 5 lowfat cottage cheeze with tuna or PB. Something basic along that line. Make sure you get in olive oil and Omega 3, 6 too. Green tea helps me a lot as well.
I am 30 years old and 5ft 8ins!!!!

MY diet is one of low fat and high protein with fibre and carbohydrates!!!!

It is a balanced diet!!!!

I have two routines!!!!....

Routine 1: 10 min on X-trainer, 3 sets with 10 reps in each set on each of these: incline chess press, pec flies, low row, shoulder press, seated arm curl, arm extension, leg press, leg extension in that order and 4 sets of 10 reps per set on horizontal abs cruncher. Followed by 5 min cool down on recliner bike and then stretches. All these are done in 1 day.

Routine 2: 10 min treadmill followed by boxing blitz or 10 min on recline bike, stretches, 3 sets with 8 reps in each set with chest press, shoulder press, leg extension, raised kicks, tricep pull down, overhead tricep pull down, deltoid flies, forearm raises, seated arm curl and lat pull down. 4 sets with 8 reps per set on horizontal abs cruncher, followed by 5 min cool down on recline bike and stretches. All in 1 day.

Last edited:
Building muscle will burn fat.

At 5'8.5" I was usually around 160-165 lbs. After moving from a labour intensive job to the office, in just over a year I was 193 lbs. I was like that for years and didn't like it and tried several times to lose it but never did. Then I eventually picked up weight lifting and never looked back.

In 6 months I had lost my roll around my waist and was 165 lbs and was stronger then I had ever been. The thing is you have to keep things intense and you have to keep your heart rate up at all times. As I continued to lift and my muscle strength and size went up and I reached 207 lbs (clean), with a low BF% things were looking great and I was feeling great. I was doing zero cardio.

After working out for hours your body still is burning calories which is also good because this afforded me to eat afterwards and not have to worry about gaining any unnecessary weight. However not at 40 I have to watch those things and unfortunately my metabolism is not like it used to be in my late 20s and 30s.

Keep things intense, keep your heart rate up and you will lose unwanted weight while working out.

Building muscle will burn fat.

At 5'8.5" I was usually around 160-165 lbs. After moving from a labour intensive job to the office, in just over a year I was 193 lbs. I was like that for years and didn't like it and tried several times to lose it but never did. Then I eventually picked up weight lifting and never looked back.

In 6 months I had lost my roll around my waist and was 165 lbs and was stronger then I had ever been. The thing is you have to keep things intense and you have to keep your heart rate up at all times. As I continued to lift and my muscle strength and size went up and I reached 207 lbs (clean), with a low BF% things were looking great and I was feeling great. I was doing zero cardio.

After working out for hours your body still is burning calories which is also good because this afforded me to eat afterwards and not have to worry about gaining any unnecessary weight. However not at 40 I have to watch those things and unfortunately my metabolism is not like it used to be in my late 20s and 30s.

Keep things intense, keep your heart rate up and you will lose unwanted weight while working out.
Thanx for your story!!!!

It is very encouraging!!!!

My training regime is quite intense and I have recently increased my weights!!!!

Acai Berry supplement such as Acai Burn or one from Amazon Thunder helps weight loss nye increasing your metabolism!!!!

yes, muscle is metabolically active tissue, requires energy to sustain. the more you have, the more energy required to sustain it. fat cannot be converted to muscle.

yes, muscle is metabolically active tissue, requires energy to sustain. the more you have, the more energy required to sustain it. fat cannot be converted to muscle.
So when you are doing weights and resistance work, u r burning fat because u r feeding the muscle?
That is what I wanted 2 hear!

So when you are doing weights and resistance work, u r burning fat because u r feeding the muscle?
That is what I wanted 2 hear!

not, directly. lifting weights is high-intensity, fast movements. body uses creatine phosphate and glucose, however, to replenish those supplies post-workout, it will have to convert fat to glucose and glycogen, unless you have carbs post workout. also, what i meant about it being metabolically active is that it 'feeds' all day long, so forget the 45 minutes your lifting weights, it requires energy 24 hours a day to sustain that muscle.

Last edited:
Back