Does size matter?

DeusMalo

I've been wondering if anyone has had issues when going to a doc for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and are very muscular/big like cashout or bullseye? Do you think you've had trouble talking to your doc about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) because because you are big and in shape even though it wasn't specifically stated?

Seems to me with the bogus media/government wrap "steroids" get some doctors might look at big dudes and think they are trying to get steroids for gaining muscle. Even though we are only talking testosterone and regulating our hormones to feel healthy again. Part of that for a man of course is being muscular and having a good swagger. The way we are when we are young.

I've worried a little about this - when I was younger, I easily carried 220-230 solid then came the great t depression. I'm not there yet, but want to get back to my comfort weight and build. Then I wonder if I'll hear "you're in great shape, why do you want TRT?"

People are always going to form opinions about you. Good, bad, ugly, somewhere in between. Who knows, who cares. You know who you are and what your motivations are and where they stem from. In my opinion, it is disgusting to me that you you go to a so called "doctor" who is fat and out of shape and doesnt know a bench press from a printing press, then they play expert, only to give you bogus information on what you are seeking help for.

All hail maximus!

I feel full disclosure and trust is the best way to go about building a long term relationship.

HRT is something I plan I doing for a very very long time.

I have always kept training logs (still do) and I showed those logs to my MD.

I told my Urologist my complete medical history including all my prior cycles with the results, side effects, all the way down to the smallest details of injection dates, amounts, ect.

He knows I use to compete as a bodybuilder and I used AAS.

To me HRT is like a marriage. You don't lie to your spouse. It could undermine the entire basis of the relationship.

On another note, I am not your typical "jack-wagon" off the street weight lifter. I am not saying anyone here is either. Although, we have all known a few in our time. I have earned a PhD, I am among the very top academics in my field, and I present myself accordingly to everyone with whom I interact.

To paraphrase Chip, good, bad, or otherwise, people will judge you. Therefore, I try to give them a basis other than my physical appearance for their judgement.

For me that starts with education - know what you are talking about so you can present an informed and intelligent perspective on what you want to accomplish visa-via Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). I actually had a PowerPoint presentation that I used when I first met with my MD.

I plotted out my "A to B" course of treatment and we discussed it in detail.

You know what? He was very receptive and always says he appreciates the fact that I am very knowledgeable about what I am doing.

Experiences and opinions will vary but those are mine.

Last edited:
I've been wondering if anyone has had issues when going to a doc for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and are very muscular/big like cashout or bullseye? Do you think you've had trouble talking to your doc about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) because because you are big and in shape even though it wasn't specifically stated?

Seems to me with the bogus media/government wrap "steroids" get some doctors might look at big dudes and think they are trying to get steroids for gaining muscle. Even though we are only talking testosterone and regulating our hormones to feel healthy again. Part of that for a man of course is being muscular and having a good swagger. The way we are when we are young.

I've worried a little about this - when I was younger, I easily carried 220-230 solid then came the great t depression. I'm not there yet, but want to get back to my comfort weight and build. Then I wonder if I'll hear "you're in great shape, why do you want TRT?"
actaully yes i have had several questions when i first seen my first endo,he weighed me and measured me and went to asking questions,and one of them was,"mr d,are you taking any kind of steroids? and i replied no sir im not,im just big naturally,finally he believed me,but everyonce in a while he would say,well Mr d you sure are a big man,and i always told him the truth,i worked out and eat naturally,and to my surprise,thats why he presrcibed me such a high dose of test for my trt,he told me that with me having somuch muscle,that it (the test) was just eating it up....he made a statement one day,and i ask him one day,why does my body require so much test for my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and he said because of my size and my testosterone metabolism,which i didnt understand...but anyway....i think size of a man has some what of a decision that a doctor will make his decision,and even at my size,my test levels where iin the low 200's and he finally got them up to the mid 400's and low 500's....but i agree if you are big and muscular,they do question you more

Last edited by a moderator:
I was profiled by doctors too, When I would inquire about Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), they would look at me and tell me well some guys don't really need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) because they naturally look big, WTF man ? just cause you look big does not mean you get to assume I'm on steroids, or if I do or do not need Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), without even doing the necessary lab work to determine my levels.

When I went to Chip I filled out his qustionnaire, did my blood work and had a one on one talk with Chip, and then got my HRT testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) through him it was easy,
No judgement from him, or no "well your big enough, why do u even think you need HRT ? like doctors do, why do doctors assume & judge you before hand, well, because they rather you stick with traditional medicine, and they feel strongly about the use of steroids, or Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), they want everyone to basically suck it up, and if your depressed, well, that's why they're there to prescribe you tons of meds, makes their job much easier if you just comply with their doctrine.

Physical appearance is important, and HRT can help you achieve and maintain a better physique, and it does more than that, it helps you enjoy a better life for your self & your spouse.

I was profiled by doctors too, When I would inquire about Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), they would look at me and tell me well some guys don't really need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) because they naturally look big, WTF man ? just cause you look big does not mean you get to assume I'm on steroids, or if I do or do not need Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), without even doing the necessary lab work to determine my levels.

When I went to Chip I filled out his qustionnaire, did my blood work and had a one on one talk with Chip, and then got my HRT testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) through him it was easy,
No judgement from him, or no "well your big enough, why do u even think you need HRT ? like doctors do, why do doctors assume & judge you before hand, well, because they rather you stick with traditional medicine, and they feel strongly about the use of steroids, or Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), they want everyone to basically suck it up, and if your depressed, well, that's why they're there to prescribe you tons of meds, makes their job much easier if you just comply with their doctrine.

Physical appearance is important, and HRT can help you achieve and maintain a better physique, and it does more than that, it helps you enjoy a better life for your self & your spouse.

excellent post Mr.P

I went to 3 different primaries and the all said
"you have a decent build, you're hairy and going bald... you're fine"

and I'm paying you for what exactly?:wallbash::wallbash:

Absolutely, I went to quite a few of them that refused to even talk about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for me, even a certified anti aging endo cut me off in the middle my sentence and told me he wont take me on as a patient bc "your doing it for the wrong reasons, don't you think your big enough"! He said this w/o giving me a chance to state my concerns w/ my symptoms or hand him my 3 previous bloodwork copies! This was close to my planned shot w/ the doctor that was hitting me up w/ 400mgs EOW so at the time I felt like a post pardom woman and I lost my temper on this guy and I told him what I thought about him.. That was when I realized that playing around w/ this stuff is not a joke.. I
couldve wound up in jail bc my doctor had me on a hormonal rollercoaster and I couldn't control myself.. I called Chip, got my physical and faxed everything into him.. Thank God for Him because I couldn't handle one more of those situations.. I haven't felt rage in a long time now.. Hormones are powerful and you don't want to let someone who's incompetent manipulate them. Well, that's my story.. This is a good thread..

Absolutely, I went to quite a few of them that refused to even talk about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for me, even a certified anti aging endo cut me off in the middle my sentence and told me he wont take me on as a patient bc "your doing it for the wrong reasons, don't you think your big enough"! He said this w/o giving me a chance to state my concerns w/ my symptoms or hand him my 3 previous bloodwork copies! This was close to my planned shot w/ the doctor that was hitting me up w/ 400mgs EOW so at the time I felt like a post pardom woman and I lost my temper on this guy and I told him what I thought about him.. That was when I realized that playing around w/ this stuff is not a joke.. I
couldve wound up in jail bc my doctor had me on a hormonal rollercoaster and I couldn't control myself.. I called Chip, got my physical and faxed everything into him.. Thank God for Him because I couldn't handle one more of those situations.. I haven't felt rage in a long time now.. Hormones are powerful and you don't want to let someone who's incompetent manipulate them. Well, that's my story.. This is a good thread..

thanks for posting man,good read man!!!! I agree great thread:biggthump

These doc s...jeeez. BECAUSE some of you are you are big MAY be the reason you need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) now....size and cut s and vascularity are physical manifestations of a chosen lifestyle..which, how attained.. may or may have led to the need for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and the maladies that come with low T.

Doc s in the box. Boxed in by lawyers or the media or dea.

Great posts- and unfortunately what I more or less expected. I can see docs doing this with bullseye, Mr. P and cashout - the bogus part is I want to get back to being like these bros to feel good about myself again, but then I get to worry about being stereotyped. I used to be asked what I was on - nothing, but this is why I posted.

So when you get your TRT in full swing, get your ass motivated to do something and start working on your appearance to feel good about yourself it can start working against u because some pansy assed mother effer stereotypes you for wanting to do it for the wrong reasons. WTF???

So doc, should we get on TRT so we can continue to sit on our fat asses working up a batch reading national geographic? Give me some paxil and Xanax with that to ensure I don't get too hard while looking at your 20 yo daughter. Sounds like a good plan to ensure we all walk around like autonomitons like the movie Equilibrium.

Isn't part of feeling good about yourself as a man about our physical appearance? Isn't that about being bigger, badder, more muscular than the guy standing next to you? Being able to make your woman feel like you can defend her? Hell, and defending your pussy turf when necessary? In every species males have to be best in looks and many times strength to get the woman - humans are the same. Women like alpha males and oddly men gravitate toward them too.

Another benefit of Maximus - they go by the blood work, symptoms and talking with clients. Chip never asked me for a picture to decide whether my intent was good or not.

Chip - don't ever leave us bro!

Sorry about the rant bros but my experience with a doctor and reading crappy experience after another from people just wanting to feel normal again and can't get help pisses me off. Woman with hormonal problems? Sure - tons of docs will look at every number, do whatever it takes to dial you in but a man with same issue, you better look a certain way or I won't help you.

Fuck that - all hail Maximus!!!

My doc is large himself, he specializes in HRT and Infertility, he recommends that you work out and go balls outs when on a regimen, don't be afraid of your size, most docs that aren't idiots and truly know the benefits of HRT know that size will Come with a proper diet and exercise

Size does matter. Unless she's got a tiny Vigina and needs a tiny dick for it to work, even them who wants to be that guy.

My doc is large himself, he specializes in HRT and Infertility, he recommends that you work out and go balls outs when on a regimen, don't be afraid of your size, most docs that aren't idiots and truly know the benefits of HRT know that size will Come with a proper diet and exercise

thats interesting to hear,i wish mine was like that

Back