Doing only squats for legs good enough?

Hey Mister

Does anyone here do only squats for legs? I know people like leg presses, extensions, etc, but quite frankly I dont' like those at all.

I only do squats, but mix it up. I will do free squats (3 sets) then another form of squats like hack squats (for another 3 sets). Then I work hamstrings. Or hacks, then front squats. Usually two forms of squats for 3 sets apiece.

Is this okay? Do I really need to incorporate another leg exercise other than squats like presses, extensions, lunges, etc?

If you do barbell squats and hack squats I don't really think you need any more for quads. Once and a while I don't think it could hurt if you threw in a couple sets of leg extensions, but I don't think they are necessary. Barbell squats and Hack squats should pack on some serious mass on your quads

I'm just do squats right now With stiff legged deadlifts.
Like easto said Barbell squats and hack squats is all you need. With 1 excercise for hamstrings.
I would never recommend leg extension I think it is a high risk excercises.
You could do some one legged press if it makes you feel better.

i do squats and stiff leg DL's with accasional leg press , front squats , or extensions and curls . but mainly its heavy low rep squats one time and super pumping / burning high rep. heavy breathing squats the next . the super high painfull reps adds serious spring to your daily step .
most people expect the punch or tackle so accasionally instead when you need to slam a fast kick into a guys chest he NEVER gets up trust me !

Squats and hacks are the main movements I do for quads. I like to do leg presses maybe every other work out. I think you can get the results you want with just squats.

Its really up to you how you sep your leg workouts. Personally i do free weight sqauts , hack, and abductor squats. I do leg extentions because i feel that they really help me, I always do free weight squats for my leg workout, everyother week i try to switch off to presses.. tonkeep my legs guessing.. Same with hams.. i do stand up one week. next laying down curls.

I thonkits important to swich it up. ESP with legs... Do presses

I think my legs are too big for a guy so I don't do squats, just leg extensions for quads, hamstring curls and the abductor machine. Ultra mass is that last thing I need on them.

Redman said:
I think my legs are too big for a guy so I don't do squats, just leg extensions for quads, hamstring curls and the abductor machine. Ultra mass is that last thing I need on them.
built like tom plats .

hey mister, if you are just going to do squats for legs try 10 sets of 10. trust me by the tenth set your done

Back