E2 vs E2 Sensitive Labs

BD7

I just had my first blood work after starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and thought I'd post some interesting (or maybe not that interesting) info on my labs. I had the female panel done at privatemdlabs which as you guys know tests the E2 with the non sensitive test. Wanting to get dialed in quickly and also being of a scientific type mind, I went ahead and also ordered the E2 sensitive panel at the same time. I went to a local labcorp for the blood draw.

Results:

E2 (non-sensitive) 55.2 pg/ml
E2 (sensitive) 52 pg/ml

The E2 tests are done with different assay methods so IMHO you really can't rely too much on the regular test to dial in your E2 compared to the sensitive test. My numbers are very close comparing one test to the other but I believe the gold standard for testing E2 in terms of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) patients is the E2 sensitive assay method. I'm not sure at what point the regular tests becomes inaccurate for males but at about $55 for the sensitive test after discount code it's IMO worth it at least to get dialed in.

I'm going to start a Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and maybe some DIM to bring the E2 numbers down. I don't really have symptoms of high E2 but I know I'm not dialed in either because I seem to be carrying a bit of extra bloat and passed the libido sweet spot about 3 weeks into the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). I'll post my starting numbers, current numbers and protocol in a separate thread to keep this thread just regarding the E2 testing methods etc.

I just had my first blood work after starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and thought I'd post some interesting (or maybe not that interesting) info on my labs. I had the female panel done at privatemdlabs which as you guys know tests the E2 with the non sensitive test. Wanting to get dialed in quickly and also being of a scientific type mind, I went ahead and also ordered the E2 sensitive panel at the same time. I went to a local labcorp for the blood draw.

Results:

E2 (sensitive) 52 pg/ml

The E2 tests are done with different assay methods so IMHO you really can't rely too much on the regular test to dial in your E2 compared to the sensitive test. My numbers are very close comparing one test to the other but I believe the gold standard for testing E2 in terms of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) patients is the E2 sensitive assay method. I'm not sure at what point the regular tests becomes inaccurate for males but at about $55 for the sensitive test after discount code it's IMO worth it at least to get dialed in.

I'm going to start a Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and maybe some DIM to bring the E2 numbers down. I don't really have symptoms of high E2 but I know I'm not dialed in either because I seem to be carrying a bit of extra bloat and passed the libido sweet spot about 3 weeks into the TRT. I'll post my starting numbers, current numbers and protocol in a separate thread to keep this thread just regarding the E2 testing methods etc.

Do you know what the standard deviation is on that test? It would be interesting to know if the difference in your test results is statistically significant.

its really not that big of a difference, as you can see from your results.

There is a ton of bad information going around in this forum right now, perpetuated from folks that merely assume things. People need to remember there is a huge difference between what you read and practical application.

It is getting so bad I can't even post in the forum........... it gives me a headache when I read most of it. 9x out of 10 you guys are over thinking everything..................

I saw somebody else had both checked and it looked like this

Estradiol = 44 (range 0-56)
Estradiol Sensative = 11 (range 3-70)

Who knows. I also only believe half what I read

lol i didn't mean to be dick, I was just in hurry earlier. My point is that when measuring something that gives you a value of a single point time, you can not compare the numbers. There are also errors, so in a nutshell getting a absolute perfect reading isn't always necessary. Sometimes a saliva test is a simple, cheap and effective way to get a good idea of where your E2 is, especially if your experiencing symptoms.

I am not saying that E sensitive isn't best, but to do that all the time is wasteful. Sometimes its better to get partial "dialed in" with saliva and then test when you feel good.

The bad information I was talking about is things like the million injections of an Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dose per week and the constant perception that getting "dialed in" relies soley on a blood test. I mean i don't know if that is what is portrayed or what is received by the readers.

Treating symptoms has always been the proper way to start...........

Last edited:
lol i didn't mean to be dick, I was just in hurry earlier. My point is that when measuring something that gives you a value of a single point time, you can not compare the numbers. There are also errors, so in a nutshell getting a absolute perfect reading isn't always necessary. Sometimes a saliva test is a simple, cheap and effective way to get a good idea of where your E2 is, especially if your experiencing symptoms.

I am not saying that E sensitive isn't best, but to do that all the time is wasteful. Sometimes its better to get partial "dialed in" with saliva and then test when you feel good.

The bad information I was talking about is things like the million injections of an Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dose per week and the constant perception that getting "dialed in" relies soley on a blood test. I mean i don't know if that is what is portrayed or what is received by the readers.

Treating symptoms has always been the proper way to start...........

Oh my... this forum really has gone to the shit.. a sponsor who spams the forum with his shitty articles and now spouts out this kind of misinformation...

Saliva testing for males is ridiculously inaccurate and unreliable for anything other than cortisol, it is especially bad for estrogens.

:fawk2:

Results:

E2 (sensitive) 52 pg/ml

I'm going to start a Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and maybe some DIM to bring the E2 numbers down. I don't really have symptoms of high E2 but I know I'm not dialed in either because I seem to be carrying a bit of extra bloat and passed the libido sweet spot about 3 weeks into the TRT. I'll post my starting numbers, current numbers and protocol in a separate thread to keep this thread just regarding the E2 testing methods etc.

Get both tests again without any change in protocol and the sensitive test will be very close if not the same as its previous result. The regular estradiol test will be again randomized, it is a coincidence both tests came out with similar numbers.

Oh my... this forum really has gone to the shit.. a sponsor who spams the forum with his shitty articles and now spouts out this kind of misinformation...

Saliva testing for males is ridiculously inaccurate and unreliable for anything other than cortisol, it is especially bad for estrogens.

:fawk2:

Hey captain dipshit, maybe you should re read the post, or better yet go keep reading some anal retentive pricks post's and regurgitating them. When you think you might have a clue on what it really takes to help someone get on the right track, then come back open your mouth.

Your post is filthy with " I just learned testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) on a website and now I think I know what happens in the real world"............

View attachment 545175

Last edited:
The reason why it is important to develop very specific estrogen tests is because of the importance of measuring it when it is very low. Which is about as far left field to someone on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as possible, as I said before, unless you want to know if your E2 is at 3 or 3.5 then it may be important, but to know if its around 30 for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) purposes? Like i said before, a saliva test can get you close and then you can get bloods to fine tune. This will save you a lot of money, and time out of your day but I guess someone who only talks about it in cyber world wouldn't think of it that way.

http://ajcp.ascpjournals.org/content/129/4/530.full.pdf

Ive honestly never seen the 2 test's off by more than 7-8, E and E sensitive.

The first 2 approaches did not provide sufficient sensitivity for measurement of estrogens at concentrations less than 10 PG/ML

Hope you don't need a "sensitive essay" to tell you that you are lower than 10 on E2.

Have a good day asshole :smokepoke

Last edited:
Anyone know where you can you get good quality, cheap saliva tests for Estradiol? Being able to get close results with the convenience of doing it at home when you feel like it would be nice. But how do they compare in price to say going through Labcorp and getting their Female Hormone Panel (which includes the Estradiol Sensitive test among everything else in the panel) for $50?

Anyone know where you can you get good quality, cheap saliva tests for Estradiol? Being able to get close results with the convenience of doing it at home when you feel like it would be nice. But how do they compare in price to say going through Labcorp and getting their Female Hormone Panel (which includes the Estradiol Sensitive test among everything else in the panel) for $50?

I think IMT has them for like 20 bucks. you can have it sent and then put it back in envelope and send back :) Im sure someone else knows where to just buy them but I can't remember cause its been so long.

I would be really interested in this!

This thread got interesting.. I'll have more to add later but just wanted to say the Labcorp Female Panel does not include the E2 Sensitive, just the normal E2 test for females. If I would have known IMT had saliva tests for $20 I would have done that too on the same day just for comparison reasons... maybe I will the next time I do a full male panel.
All this said, I agree numbers are just a snapshot in time and symptoms should looked at first when making adjustments. As Det-Oak said, it is inconvenient to go and give blood, cost notwithstanding.. that's why I went ahead with both tests even though I knew I'd be high based on symptoms and protocol at the time.

Back