Eating healthy is expensive no wonder everyone's a fat ass!!!

hardbody04

Going back on the diet tomorrow no i never have eatn truely cheap bad food as i like quality stuff....but london broils and chicken breat add up. (i also use the individually sealed Perdue chicken breast just easier for me) but its no wonder why people are so fat the "bad" food is marketed so heavy and cheap....

also the GF is pregnant so got to get all of her stuff....rant over time for the questions

What are the difference in the olive oils extra virgin...virgin etc....do you substitute it out for flax sometimes? ( i hate the way flax taste in my shakes would replacing it with olive oil be ok is it comparative in healthy fats etc....)

Yes it is but your health is worth it. Go to a Wal Mart--fat people everywhere, now go to a higher end store--no fat people. It is quickly becoming a social class issue in the states. Poor people eat crap and fast food, whereas well off people can afford to shop at Whole Foods and eat lean meats and fresh vegetables.

Extra virgin olive oil is the first pressing--the higher quality olive oils are best for salads and by themselves, lighter olive oils have less vegetable solids so they are better for cooking at higher temps, they do not burn as easily.

Last edited:
OK im looking to take 14g of fat with my protein/fat meal is oilve oil a good choice to take with it? or am i better off sticking to flaxseed oil?

hardbody04 said:
OK im looking to take 14g of fat with my protein/fat meal is oilve oil a good choice to take with it? or am i better off sticking to flaxseed oil?
Use Udo's oil. It's a nice blend of lots of different oils including flax and olive oil.

I agree that Udo's is a great choice-

As far as expense

Buy yourself a deep freezer
Look for specials on Meats and buy in huge bulk (when you find boneless chicken for $1.99 or sirloin for 2.99) stock up

I think expense can go either way. I was over at a buddies house the other day and just by looking at his kitchen I can tell he spends more than $500 a month on food.

I bet most bodybuilders could keep their food intake under $300 a month by using common sense. For protein, get the 50-100 lb sacks of protein powder along with eggs and tuna (or maybe turkey if it is cheaper). CHO and fats should only cost pennies. Brown rice, oatmeal. Grains like those can be bought in bulk. OO and fish oil for fat intake are both reasonable.

Fruits and veggies are tough. But if you go for smaller portions and more variety rather than large quanities, you can do that cheaply too.

It is pretty much the protein that makes up the bulk of the cost. Whoever can limit that cost can have a cheap diet.

DirkMoneyshot said:
I agree that Udo's is a great choice-

As far as expense

Buy yourself a deep freezer
Look for specials on Meats and buy in huge bulk (when you find boneless chicken for $1.99 or sirloin for 2.99) stock up
This is good advice. This investment will save money if you are serious and committed to eating properly. I'm sick of hoping that the next week's grocery specials will include things like boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.99.

Oatmeal is cheap
Eggs are cheap
Rice is cheap
Pasta is cheap
Milk is cheap
Tuna is cheap

Buymeat in bulk and freeze it.

I don't find the cost of eating healthy much more. I find the prep and cooking time is what makes eating well tough.

i have organic veggies and meat delivered to my house. doesn't cost much more in the long run than walmart.

Easto said:
Oatmeal is cheap
Eggs are cheap
Rice is cheap
Pasta is cheap
Milk is cheap
Tuna is cheap

Buymeat in bulk and freeze it.

I don't find the cost of eating healthy much more. I find the prep and cooking time is what makes eating well tough.

Here too i am very busy on my work schedule and i do not have planned times....i may work 8 hrs or i may work 20+ hrs i never know whats going to happen....and traveling to customers sites during the day make taking meals very difficult as well.

The lunchmeat that we buy our child comes in those semi-reusable plastic containers.

I have a lot of those containers in my refrigerator much of the time.

If I had a super-giant wok for precooking, I would use it for sure.

I go to my butcher for steak but watch the flyers in newpapers for deals on boneless-skinless chicken breasts & tuna!!!

Back