Effectivity of gel dependent on the skin condition?

cal

I have overall very dry skin on my body even though I don't shower very often and still it's totally dry and wrinkly and doesn't look good.
I usually wash my hands and arms with soap cause I don't know if water alone is enough to remove the gel leftovers and I notice that when I hold my arms
under the water then the water pearls off it's as if my skin is waterproof. I don't know if this comes from the soap but it looks abnormal.
I just wonder what could I use for the skin against the dryness and the weird waterproof effect?
But then again I wonder if I apply moisture stuff will this interfere with the absorption of the gel? If I apply moisture stuff and then have to wash it off
with soap before applying the gel then I doubt that this will have much of an effect because then the skin will again get dry when I have to wash it like a madman to get the stuff of before applying the gel.

I also have issues with ingrown hairs on my forearms. Somehow my skin produces too many cells. And on my upper arms I have keratosis pilaris. I asked a dermatologist about this and of course he knew no treatment. Dermatologists usually suck and are good for nothing. Rarely have I been to one and found a help or solution.

Isn't skin supposed to be water proof? And of course you don't bath often -- you are European. :)

Avoid really hot showers. Use a good skin cream (not lotion). Try it before you go to bed and apply your gel in the morning or vice versa. Should be fine by then and is should not interfere with absorption. Soak in a bath tub full of warm water -- not hot. That will help hydrate your skin. You can go online and find more skin care tips. Oh, and use a moisturizing soap. Start using soap to clean your skin and when you shower. Cleaning with Water alone is not going to provide you with good hygiene. Finally, anti-perspirant is your friend. Don't use deodorant. Worse yet is not using anything. You could be oozing T from your poors and girls still won't give you the time of day if you stink.

Back