ephedrine question

crj900

My girlfriend just ordered some 25mg(ephedrine)/100mg (caffeine). She works out about 4-5 days a week, Cardio mainly, and she eats fairly well.

She is 5'8 and weighs 132lbs. (about 20% body fat I would say) She just wants to shed 7-9lbs. I have extensive knowledge as far as gaining muscle goes, but I have never needed, nor wanted to cut, or lose weight.

From my research it seems that 12mg/50mg 2 times daily would be sufficient. I would cut the pills in half. How does this sound?

She should take one pill when waking up then the next before lunch? (she works out in the AM). I figured this would be the best times being some people have problems sleeping when on ephedrine.

Also, something I am very concerned with is it interacting with her birth control. She is on Loestra. Has anyone ever heard of an issue or a problem as far as ephedrine interacting with any BC?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

crj900 said:
My girlfriend just ordered some 25mg(ephedrine)/100mg (caffeine). She works out about 4-5 days a week, Cardio mainly, and she eats fairly well.

She is 5'8 and weighs 132lbs. (about 20% body fat I would say) She just wants to shed 7-9lbs. I have extensive knowledge as far as gaining muscle goes, but I have never needed, nor wanted to cut, or lose weight.

From my research it seems that 12mg/50mg 2 times daily would be sufficient. I would cut the pills in half. How does this sound?

She should take one pill when waking up then the next before lunch? (she works out in the AM). I figured this would be the best times being some people have problems sleeping when on ephedrine.

Also, something I am very concerned with is it interacting with her birth control. She is on Loestra. Has anyone ever heard of an issue or a problem as far as ephedrine interacting with any BC?

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

The dosage you list is a good starting point considering her weight and lack of experience with the compounds. She can always add a third dose if she doesn't get the results she's looking for.

AM and afternoon would be ideal times to take it. I would try not to take it past 5 pm or so.

I don't think there would be any complications with her birth control. However I'm not a doctor, so I'm not 100% certain. Have her check with her doctor as all it takes is a simple phone call.

crj900 said:
isn't ephedrine illegal now? As a diet supplement?

Ephedrine hcl is still legal. However, I believe they cannot market it as a thermogenic or sports nutrition supplement.

The easiest place to get it is from WalMart in the form of Primatene tablets. It would be very convenient as the tabs are already 12.5mg so she wouldn't have to split them. I forget what I paid, but it was pretty cheap.

it's back to be legal again...not many suppliers have started up again tho...ephedrine allowed me to push alot harder when doing cardio infact I was aching to jump on the threadmil with the excess energy!

I was taking 500mg day Ephedra early AM as you want it out your system by sleeptime, around 8hrs for me.

Lucky13 said:
it's back to be legal again...not many suppliers have started up again tho...ephedrine allowed me to push alot harder when doing cardio infact I was aching to jump on the threadmil with the excess energy!

I was taking 500mg day Ephedra early AM as you want it out your system by sleeptime, around 8hrs for me.
Its not legal again.I dont know where you heard that from.

wal-mart pharmacy section, ephedrine hcl is found under asthma meds as a bronchodiolator or you can get straight ephedrine online

Back