Estimate my bodyfat!

Hopefuldoc2012

Estimate my bodyfat!

So based on the stickie on estimating bodyfat at the top of this forum I'd guess 20%. The problem is this:

I recently had my bf% checked via caliper (multiple gyms - multiple trainers) who told me 17-18%. Then I got my bodyfat checked with bodpod (supposed to be as accurate as underwater weighing) and it told me 27%! Yikes. (I would expect bodpod to be higher because it takes into account intraabdominal and intramuscular fat but that seemed like a lot.) Worst part is I've had the bodpod done before and my past results showed around 20% bodyfat.

Here are some pics (you'll have to cut/paste the URL into your browsers):

s149.photobucket.com/albums/s53/dwkwb8/Cutting%20Cycle%20Progress/

Mostly current pics but 1 pic (where I'm obviously in better shape) from about 1 yr ago (13% bf by caliper).

I was going to guess in the 18-20% range...but I could be wrong on this. You look leaner in the later pics. I am curious to see what everyone says though.

Anybody have experience comparing bodpod/underwater weighing to calipers? Is this a typical difference?

Thanks for all the replies. Just signed up with 3J today so hopefully I'll be posting up some progress pics soon.

I didn't look at any other posts so it wouldn't mess w/ my judgement and I'm no expert, but I'd say 16-18%

I think post people here are estimating a little low sorry mate. Id say around 20%

Its pretty easy to find out for yourself if you are willing to get one of those weight scales.

Back