Exfat guy here! Please critique my meal plan

SoftReset

Hola, quick info on cycle and info on meal plan is below!

Edit: This is my first cycle

Cycle:
Testosterone enanthate - 500mg per week(250mg mon/thurs) 1-12 weeks
Exemestane - 12.5mg ED

PCT:
Start 2 weeks after last pin
clomid - ED 4 weeks 50/50/50/50
Nolvadex - ED 4 weeks 40/40/20/20

Stats:

Height: 5'8 1/2
Weight: 182
BF% - (last time checked I was at 6%, very likely it was higher because of the margin of error for calipers. I assume I'm higher closer to 8-10. Picture attached)
Experience:5+years
Backstory - Ex fat guy. Tipped scales at 297lbs(287 in pic, attached below) Lost weight quickly, started to lift, haven't looked back. I don't think I've yet reached my "genetic potential" however, I feel I have enough experience and knowledge to experiment outside the box.

View attachment 553182

------------------------

Trying to put on good mass size while minimizing fat, going to be very strict--if cheat meals come in, they will be planned accordingly--how is this looking?

Calories Carbs Fats Proteins
4,141 419g 115g 268g

Meal 1/Preworkout
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup old fashioned oats 1 packet cream of wheat
1 tbsp natty peanut butter
Cal 684 Carb 59 Fat34 P38

Meal 2 Post workout
1 1/2 scoops whey
80g dextrose
Cal580 Carb 85 Fat 3 P 40

Meal 3
6oz lean turkey/chicken
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 avacado
Cal525 Carb 48 Fat 15 P52

Meal 4
Chobani Greek Yogurt w/fruit 8 oz
1 banana
Handful of mixed nuts(1-2oz) |
Cal646 Carb 70 Fat 32 P30

Meal 5
1 scoop whey
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsp natty peanut butter
Cal550 Carb 49 Fat 19 P43

Meal 6
2 cups white rice
6-8oz lean meat/chicken/turkey/red meat
1 cup brocolli or cauliflauer
Cal706 Carb 95 Fat 6will increase if red meat/turkey is chosen) P45

Meal 7(before bed)
1 cup cottage cheese
1 packet of instant cream of wheat
Handful of mixed nuts(1-2oz)
Cal 450 Carb38 Fat21 P 30

The numbers will more than likely be slightly higher or lower depending on I evenly measure things but for the most part this is where it would sit. I'm contemplating lowering my protein intake and upping the fats a big more but I was looking for some input first. I'd say 90% of everything is coming from whole foods with just my post workout meal supplemented as a shake and a small shake later in the day. Also, I can't necessarily always get ahold of steak/red meat since it can get pricey, thoughts on ground beef?

Sidenote:

Training is broken up in a 5 day split.
Mon - Ch/tris
Tues - Back/Bis
Wed - Legs
Thurs - Shoulders/Traps
Friday - Rotation day, I rotate typically in fashion of a giant assembly line. Whichever muscle group was worked monday, I work again. This excludes arms, so if chest/tris then I just do chest on friday again. The following week I rotate and back will go first, so on and so on.

Sat/sun rest days.

Last edited:
What is your TDEE? Are you eating in a surplus over that? If yes, you will gain weight. If no, add calories and you will gain weight.

More whey shakes?
Calcium caseinite shake before bed would be useful to avoid/ mitigate catabolic activity.

I was under the assumption that majority of the people on this forum believe in the whole foods philosophy--either way, that's what the cottage cheese is there for.

What is your TDEE? Are you eating in a surplus over that? If yes, you will gain weight. If no, add calories and you will gain weight.

I wasn't asking if I would gain weight or lose weight-- I just wanted a judgment on the foods themselves if the plan seemed solid, I know I will gain weight considering my maintenance is 2960 give or take a bit. These were the totals for when I maintained my weight over the passed 3 months after cutting down for 3.

Calories - 2960
Protein - 278
Fats - 139
Carbohydrates - 111

Edit: To be fair, I actually wasn't too clear on what I was asking, my aplogies.
Double Edit: Oh, this is also my first cycle.

Last edited:
Definitely whole foods philosophy, and your plan looks solid- my only suggestion would be to plug in whey to up the protein easily. A caseinite shake plus your cc would help not hinder. I have a shake plus five egg whites (hard boiled) mixed with a tin of tuna and a tub of quark before bed to cover all the nighttime starvation angles!

Definitely whole foods philosophy, and your plan looks solid- my only suggestion would be to plug in whey to up the protein easily. A caseinite shake plus your cc would help not hinder. I have a shake plus five egg whites (hard boiled) mixed with a tin of tuna and a tub of quark before bed to cover all the nighttime starvation angles!

I'll have to consider it! I know I'm sure I'll get tired of cottage cheese as I have in the passed. Quark, I had to look that one up haha.

Edit: I was also considering even considering lowering my protein. I was over 300 occasionally these passed few months and when I got bloodwork done my BUN and BUN/Creatinine ratio were rather high so I figured I'd drop down my levels a bit--per Austunite actually, which after reading that mans posts and information threads I would do anything he said haha.

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds like a star trek character! They are both an acquired taste that is for sure- how about cottage cheese with pineapple for that tropical slant?! Adds to the taste (or for me takes away the cottage cheese taste!) and obv the pineapple helps break the protein down quickly.

I wasn't asking if I would gain weight or lose weight-- I just wanted a judgment on the foods themselves if the plan seemed solid, I know I will gain weight considering my maintenance is 2960 give or take a bit. These were the totals for when I maintained my weight over the passed 3 months after cutting down for 3.

Calories - 2960
Protein - 278
Fats - 139
Carbohydrates - 111

Edit: To be fair, I actually wasn't too clear on what I was asking, my aplogies.
Double Edit: Oh, this is also my first cycle.

To be brutally honest with you I didn't read the whole thing. There's many posts like this every day of people that have no idea what they are doing.
That being said, your diet doesn't look too bad. Maybe drop some of the whey and opt for a little more whole protein. Add a couple eggs, couple ounces to each meal of meat, etc. It doesn't really matter how you do it. I personally would drop the carbs a bit and up the fats, but that's just me. Fats are more important to diet than carbs. Hopefully 3J or Doc will drop by with some nutritional knowledge. I'm too lazy to go in depth right now. End of the work day :p

To be brutally honest with you I didn't read the whole thing. There's many posts like this every day of people that have no idea what they are doing.
That being said, your diet doesn't look too bad. Maybe drop some of the whey and opt for a little more whole protein. Add a couple eggs, couple ounces to each meal of meat, etc. It doesn't really matter how you do it. I personally would drop the carbs a bit and up the fats, but that's just me. Fats are more important to diet than carbs. Hopefully 3J or Doc will drop by with some nutritional knowledge. I'm too lazy to go in depth right now. End of the work day :p

Much appreciated! To be honest yet again!..it would appear I did not read it completely and took to the offense haha, yes I am looking to surplus, I am wanting to gain weight, as much solid muscle as possible on my frame. I'm not too sure how much I'll be able to gain on this first cycle; however, considering I was once a fatty at almost 300lbs I have no problem with intake of food and whether or not the ability to gain weight in the passed can play a role now--I have no idea.

Much appreciated! To be honest yet again!..it would appear I did not read it completely and took to the offense haha, yes I am looking to surplus, I am wanting to gain weight, as much solid muscle as possible on my frame. I'm not too sure how much I'll be able to gain on this first cycle; however, considering I was once a fatty at almost 300lbs I have no problem with intake of food and whether or not the ability to gain weight in the passed can play a role now--I have no idea.

No worries, it's the internet lol. Just make sure you keep increasing cals as you gain weight. The biggest thing is to not be fooled by water weight gains. No one is going to be able to give you an exact estimate of how much you'll gain on cycle. It could be anywhere from say ~15-30 lbs, obviously NOT all dry muscle tissue. Everyone is different. Your diet looks pretty on point though, and as long as you keep upping calories as the gains come you will add mass. Just don't go overboard... unless you like dieting.

Bump, anyone else have thoughts?

I think the name of the foods you eat is less important than commonly believed. So long as your sources of macros and micros are varied and diverse and you meet your caloric, macro, and micro needs eat foods that you enjoy and can be consistent with. Nutrition shouldn't be hard and you don't have to eat foods you don't like. Having said that you have a pretty good variety and your macros look good. You don't list your TDEE so its impossible to say whether you'll gain or not. Also I don't see a reason for adding the dextrose but if you like it keep it. I would also try to get at least one more serving of veggies if not more. A lot of your micros and fiber will come from veggies and they are important as well.

I think the name of the foods you eat is less important than commonly believed. So long as your sources of macros and micros are varied and diverse and you meet your caloric, macro, and micro needs eat foods that you enjoy and can be consistent with. Nutrition shouldn't be hard and you don't have to eat foods you don't like. Having said that you have a pretty good variety and your macros look good. You don't list your TDEE so its impossible to say whether you'll gain or not. Also I don't see a reason for adding the dextrose but if you like it keep it. I would also try to get at least one more serving of veggies if not more. A lot of your micros and fiber will come from veggies and they are important as well.

Because of time restraints so I can ensure I get all my meals spaced out properly with enough carbs I throw in the dextrose with a small shake post training. I prefer to eat to be honest with you--this is the first time in about 3 months I've had a post shake.

I'll definitely add some more veggies during the day though.

Because of time restraints so I can ensure I get all my meals spaced out properly with enough carbs I throw in the dextrose with a small shake post training. I prefer to eat to be honest with you--this is the first time in about 3 months I've had a post shake.

I'll definitely add some more veggies during the day though.

Meal spacing and nutrient timing have minimal if any impact on body composition but again, if its convenient and you do not mind it there's no reason to switch unless you want to or its easier. Some people function better with fewer meals while others with less, do what's best for you in the end is my motto. The 3 biggest factors that will affect your body comp is getting the right amount of calories and macros, being consistent with it, and your training.

I do a PWO shake bc I'm usually pretty hungry after the gym and I don't usually make it home or get a chance to eat for a while. One possible substitution for the dextrose would be mix protein powder with some milk or water and put some oats in it. Let it sit during your workout and by the time you're done they'll be soft. The calories can be adjusted with how much protein, milk, or oats you out in but at least with the oats and/or milk you'll get more micros and raise your daily fiber intake as well.

OP, I'm sorry for hijacking the thread but did u have any problem with lose skin after loosing all this weight?
On a side note.. Congratulations for ur achievement .. Such a great job and transformation

Back