Extreme Body Hair?

nickname

Hey guys,

I'm 29 years old and have low T. I'm considering taking TRT. I've read and learned lots about it. I still have a question that I don't see too clearly addressed though.

Since I have dark haired and hairy family with Middle-Eastern genetics, is it possible that when I start T that I could suddenly become as massively hairy (and bald) as them? Has anyone seen a big amount of body hair growth...and does it like completely cover every part of the body? And how quickly has this happened?

I'm Middle-Eastern and come from a very hairy family. I'm by far the least hairy and skinniest man in the family. I do have a decent amount of hair on my chest, legs and pubes, and the rest of my body is covered with dark but vellus hairs that cover my body almost completely.

I wonder if the reason I didn't get so much hairier is because of that. My Father (and rest of men in my family), have massive amounts of body hair (completely covered bodies, chest, shoulders, back, thick and dense) and they pretty much have stubble within an hour or two of shaving, very thick beards. Of course, they're also bald, haha.

Last edited:
In my experience, my body hair has gone crazy on TRT. My free test was low but my total test was normal-high, so my body was making it, just wasnt using it. My chest hair has now creeped up onto my shoulders, stomach hairier. I like it...and if I go bald because of DHT, so be it; already shave my head anyway.

What about androgel, is it true it makes wherever you put it even hairier than the rest?

I dont mean to be rude but you should consider reading up on Testosterone. Taking control of your hormonal imbalances requires you to be educated. it will help you in your quest long term, I promise. An incredible book on T is, "Testosterone: A Man's Guide- Second Edition by Nelson Vergel" tons of information

haha, no shaving for me, no I like it too. Just want to know how dense are we talking how fast?

It is not gonna be extreme, especially if you are already a little hairy? You probably might not even see the difference in first couple of years.

I dont mean to be rude but you should consider reading up on Testosterone. Taking control of your hormonal imbalances requires you to be educated. it will help you in your quest long term, I promise. An incredible book on T is, "Testosterone: A Man's Guide- Second Edition by Nelson Vergel" tons of information

I'll check it out, thanks. I've been doing a lot of research but the body hair thing is kind of throwing me off. Every time I read lists of side effects I never see any body hair, but when I read forums people are talking about getting massive quantities. Just want to know what to expect since it's really one of the most noticeable changes.

i've always been really hairy also am middle eastern decent i've been on trt since february can't really tell if i have more body hair now but, like i said always been real hairy so not sure if i would notice. i think as others said if you're already real hairy then you'll probably not notice. anyway i trim all my body hair because i really hate being hairy i'd probably get laser treatment if i could afford it but, not sure since i've tried completely shaving but, don't like the look rather have some hair but, not too much so trimming works fine for me at the moment.

i've always been really hairy also am middle eastern decent i've been on trt since february can't really tell if i have more body hair now but, like i said always been real hairy so not sure if i would notice. i think as others said if you're already real hairy then you'll probably not notice. anyway i trim all my body hair because i really hate being hairy i'd probably get laser treatment if i could afford it but, not sure since i've tried completely shaving but, don't like the look rather have some hair but, not too much so trimming works fine for me at the moment.

What kind of TRT are you on? Gel?

The only thing I have noticed is my beard comes in quicker and thicker thats about all. But I would take feeling good and being more hairy vs feeling like crap and less hair

Yup, I got more hair from TRT. And some places spread such as chest down to stomach. I just take a number 2 attachment for a shaver and shear everything like a sheep! LOL

Back