fina help

stump

The more research I try on my own the more confused I get. I got 3 carts of fina and a 6 gram kit. I crushed all the pelletts and dispensed them into the "magic solution", as I started to mix with oil, I found I had way too much oil(about 8cc). So, I drew that up in syriges before I mixed. Did I put too many pelletts in to mix or was there just more oil in the kit than needed? I know I sound like a dumbass becuse I am. It sounded so simple to make. So I found a source got the stuff together and now as I try to do it, I'm constantly scratching my head saying WTF!!? Please help a brother.

It was the only vial w/ my kit. I don't have any spares. If I just do away with the 8cc how bad will my ml/mg be affected? I'm hoping to do about 75mg eod.

stump said:
I know I sound like a dumbass becuse I am. It sounded so simple to make.

No, it sounds like either you were sent the wrong kit, or the kit was made incorrectly. Everything you wrote sounds fine to me.

The whole point of these kits is to take the guesswork and measuring out of the equation. If you don't have a simple to use kit, something's wrong and it isn't you.

it's a 6 gram kit from research kits. it came with a vial of oil, filled almost to the top, solution, an empty vial, a whatman filter and a couple syringes and pins

The empty vial and the one with the oil are the same size. The one with the solution is like a test tube.

ok so divide it up into 2 vials while filtering. keep the large amount in a glass or something before filtering.

Pretty much what I ended up doing. I prefiltered with a coffee filter. Now, just to be sure I am not going to screw up this last part. I think all that's left is filtering through the whatman filter, purging with the 3cc of saved oil, and baking at 250 for about 45 min. Is this info correct? Thanks for all the help.

Yep, that's about it. You might want to up the temp to 300 for an hour, but make damn sure you get an oven thermometer thingy (about $3) and keep an eye on your baby. Also, you might not want to keep a needle in the top to vent, the plastic might melt.

at 275 the plastic on the pin shouldnt melt if you well away from the top of the oven. but if the plastic melts it dont hurt nothing. =0)

Back