finasteride initial shedding time

indrid_cold17

when does the usual shedding time caused by finasteride use occurs? also i know that a normal guy sheds more than 100 hairs per day,should these be noticeable cause i notice hair in my hands when showering..peace

I guess it all depends how sensitive you are. They say you loose 100 hairs on your head every day but I never noticed any hair shedding before I was 26. Even running my hands through, I couldn't pull the stuff out, my hair was ridiculously thick too. When i hit 26 and however many cycles at that point I first noticed it after using product in my hair. I would rinse off my hands and have 5 or 6 hairs stuck, then I started noticing while washing my hair etc. If you notice 5 or 10 pieces of hair in your while showering your probably already starting to loose it and it will definatly get worse with Tren.

**EDIT** misread, saw Fina and guess i thought you were talking about Tren....dumb ass, should have slowed down while reading...lol

So your talking about the initial shedding they say you go through while starting the regimen....not sure what the general conscencious is, i'm sure you can find the answer on a hair resto forum though.

Last edited:
I am just finishing my first cycle that I decided to use finasteride in (3rd overall cycle). I had lost way too much hair from my first two to even consider running one without some way to block dht. I actually had my hair thicken out a lot and am happy with the results. It will be left to see if when i come off finasteride at the end of my cycle what will happen to my hair.

I am just finishing my first cycle that I decided to use finasteride in (3rd overall cycle). I had lost way too much hair from my first two to even consider running one without some way to block dht. I actually had my hair thicken out a lot and am happy with the results. It will be left to see if when i come off finasteride at the end of my cycle what will happen to my hair.

Do you shed hair off cycle?

I actually had my hair thicken out a lot and am happy with the results.

How long was your cycle?

The fact that your hair thickened up in such a short time period while using finasteride is hard to believe.

From most accounts, it takes a couple months minimum for that to occur.

Were you using minoxidil by any chance?

I don't know how to explain it but it's true. I had a few people notice it as well. My cycle was 15 weeks of EQ and test e, but i noticed the hair being thicker about a month and a half in to my cycle.

Back