First blood test. Take a look.

Nobody has said anything about my prolactin from original lab values.... 9.1 prolactin? Isn’t that way to high?? Especially with low test?

I’ve had puffy nippes for a couple years now no lumps though. Prolactin related??

The problem we have found in the past with trying to diagnose a patient with primary hypogonadism by evaluating FH and LH from a blood draw is that they extremely volatile and inaccurate.

The best way to measure your LH and FSH is with a 24 hour urine sample.

It is our opinion that the only way you can be sure you are primary hypogonadal is by running HCG mono therapy for a short time and getting your TT levels evaluated while on the HCG.

Hope this helps.

Got prescribed hcg mono therapy. 300iu Mon wed fri injections. If I’m primary how’s thus going to help?? My LH was 6.0 and FSH was around 5.... both higher normal numbers. So my pituitary is obviously sending signals. Why would taking hcg and suppressing an already functioning pituitary be appropriate?

I feel like I’m being tossed around by this doc.

Bump... got in touch with @#$. . Looks promising. At least they seem like they***8217;ll prescribe me with the correct treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're primary hypo, HCG and clomid will not work, testicles are damaged. Your pituitary is sending the signal, but testes can't perform as expected. LH will continue to scream at testicles to produce T until LH gets over the ranges. This doctor has a poor understanding of male hormones, ditch this doctor!

Sure he can prescribe you TRT but how will he balance your hormones if he doesn't know what he's doing?

You're primary hypo, HCG and clomid will not work, testicles are damaged. Your pituitary is sending the signal, but testes can't perform as expected. LH will continue to scream at testicles to produce T until LH gets over the ranges. This doctor has a poor understanding of male hormones, ditch this doctor!

Sure he can prescribe you TRT but how will he balance your hormones if he doesn't know what he's doing?

Thats what I’m afraid of. Him maybe not for seeing estrogen imbalance and taking to long to prescribe an ai for example. That’d be bad. But like I said I’m in touch with defy medical. We’ll see how that goes.

Spoke with@#$%^r today. Explained this situation. He actually thought trying the hcg monotherapy would be a good idea. Told him the dosing my doc gave me (300iu mon wed fri) and he agreed with that as well.

Think I***8217;m gonna try it out. Coming from an expert in the field, it***8217;s good to hear. He explained that I could be secondary and not know it since LH levels are so variable at any point in time. He stated that my LH at 6.2 could of been at its HIGHEST for that day possibly dropping way lower later on that day of my labs. Making me secondary.

Guess I***8217;ll try and get more labs in 6-7 weeks. I***8217;m gonna go under Dr. Crislers wing though.

Spoke with#$%^today. Explained this situation. He actually thought trying the hcg monotherapy would be a good idea. Told him the dosing my doc gave me (300iu mon wed fri) and he agreed with that as well.

Think I***8217;m gonna try it out. Coming from an expert in the field, it***8217;s good to hear. He explained that I could be secondary and not know it since LH levels are so variable at any point in time. He stated that my LH at 6.2 could of been at its HIGHEST for that day possibly dropping way lower later on that day of my labs. Making me secondary.

Guess I***8217;ll try and get more labs in 6-7 weeks. I***8217;m gonna go under Dr. Crislers wing though.

Yes HCG mono therapy is the only way to be sure you have primary hypogonadism.

Back